E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > E90 320D M Sport Plus

04-20-2011, 09:12 AM   #23
Dizzle
Major
Rep
Drives: F30 335xD

Not tremendous photos because they were off the phone but... ask and thou shall receive..
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-20-2011, 09:23 AM   #24
rich1068
has left the building
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobaKet View Post
rich1068 - out of curiosity when did you order yours? Mine is due 20th May, but my mate just got his delivery brought forward 2 weeks.. I'm itching to get mine now, don't know how much longer I can wait!!!
Last week in January I think. I was originally told second week in May but it's come early.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2011, 11:10 AM   #25
wibster
Enlisted Member
Wales
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d EfficientDynamics

Media Package - Business

Ok, a quick update on a couple few things;

Pics included of;

1. 'Media' display showing Album Art and Tracks, off a USB connected iPod
2. 'Nav' display showing only the track number in the information details, along with the USB icon indicating the connected iPod

When I connected my HTC DHD via Bluetooth audio streaming the car was unable to download the playlists etc., but was able to stream music from the phone without issue

I'll spend a little more time looking at the HTC DHD in terms of connecting via USB and confirming whether it acts in the same way as the iPod

I hope this helps
2011 E90 320d EfficientDynamics - Jet Black, Gloss Black Inserts, Sun Protection Glass, Antracite Impulse Leather/Cloth Seats, Split Folding Rear Seats, Folding & Sliding Front Armrest, Sports Steering Wheel, Cruise Control, Media Package - Business Advanced (iDrive, Business Navigation, Bluetooth with Telematics, BMW-ConnectedDrive), USB Audio Interface, Auto Lights & Wipers, Electric Folding Mirrors
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2011, 11:28 AM   #26
wibster
Enlisted Member
Wales
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d EfficientDynamics

Apologies for the extra post, was having trouble uploading the images!!!
Attached Images

2011 E90 320d EfficientDynamics - Jet Black, Gloss Black Inserts, Sun Protection Glass, Antracite Impulse Leather/Cloth Seats, Split Folding Rear Seats, Folding & Sliding Front Armrest, Sports Steering Wheel, Cruise Control, Media Package - Business Advanced (iDrive, Business Navigation, Bluetooth with Telematics, BMW-ConnectedDrive), USB Audio Interface, Auto Lights & Wipers, Electric Folding Mirrors
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2011, 02:01 PM   #27
JLR1969
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Kubota GR1600

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich1068 View Post
Last week in January I think. I was originally told second week in May but it's come early.
Same for me, ordered a new 3 series end of January and was told mid May for delivery.

It's arrived already but told them I don't want it till next week as I am laying a patio and busy.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2011, 02:39 PM   #28
rich1068
has left the building
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLR1969 View Post
It's arrived already but told them I don't want it till next week as I am laying a patio and busy.
lol! Priorities are an odd thing. My wife could go into labour at any moment but I'm still picking the car up!
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2011, 02:43 PM   #29
willhollin
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: VW T5

Garage List
Quote:
Same for me, ordered a new 3 series end of January and was told mid May for delivery.

Thought you were going for the 5 Series?
      04-20-2011, 03:03 PM   #30
JLR1969
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by willhollin View Post
Thought you were going for the 5 Series?
They wanted me to pay £45 a month out of my own money so I though sod it, I only drive the car for business not private so whats the point.

Decided on a 320d SE then changed to a 318D SE with loads of extras. Was not even bothered about the extra 40 BHP that the 320d has over the 318d.

How times change, a few years ago I would have happily paid hundreds a month more to have M-Sport with all the extras.

Happy to spend money on the SLK hairdresser special instead.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2011, 03:04 PM   #31
JLR1969
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
lol! Priorities are an odd thing. My wife could go into labour at any moment but I'm still picking the car up!
It would have been a different story a few years ago
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2011, 03:58 PM   #32
dirtydarthdub
Private
Rep
Drives: 320D M Sport Plus

Dizzle and Wibster - thanks alot for the piccies, def going above and beyond the call of duty!

Both colours look really impressive, the Blue is still edging it for me though, and like you said the stitching and mats will tie in nicely with the paint. Thanks for the effort!

The media display looks great - that will do me fine! Not that fussed with the nav as the phones nav is spot on anyway but the music being in a corner isnt an issue. Looks like a nice toy to have!

I saw mention of the 6NR media upgrade but on the bmw configurator tool it seems you can only get that with the prof nav, is that right? Is the 6NR even worth having if available with the Bus Nav?

Cheers again for the help guys!

ETA - Dont mention the 5 series!!!!! I could have that for the same price but the 520d SE so heated leather, idrive, parking sensors etc But it just feels like way to big a car for me at the moment (i'm 26) I think people would think i've borrowed my dads car. The interior is very nice though.

Last edited by dirtydarthdub; 04-20-2011 at 04:13 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2011, 03:58 PM   #33
BobaKet
Rep
Drives: 320d M Sport Le Man Blue

Quote:
Quote:
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2011, 09:00 AM   #34
dirtydarthdub
Private
Rep

Rather than start a new thread I thought I'd just tack this on the end here;

Just had a call from HR to let me know that the idiot that was last in the link of people to place the car order has had the paperwork sitting on his desk for a month without doing anything with it

I've been pushing for a firm delivery date for 2 weeks now, which is the only reason this has come to light - feck knows how long he would have left it if I hadn't been pushing.

So I am now assured this morning that the order has been placed and I know the dealership it will come from - has anyone had any luck improving delivery dates by keeping in contact with the dealership? Is there anything I can do to speed this up at all? Not a happy bunny as the original date would have allowed me to take delivery down in Wales at a visit to the out-laws with a drive back to Scotland throught their great roads to get to know the car.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2011, 09:23 AM   #35
B33M3R
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 335d XD M Sport

Gutted for you mate. What a kick in the pods. Hope the waste of space that's sat on it for a month gets some grief for it
      06-09-2011, 09:29 AM   #36
rich1068
has left the building
United Kingdom
Rep

Ouch! I'm pretty sure once the order is placed it's out of the dealers hands. But at least you can stay in the loop. Fingers crossed it comes early. Mine was about 3 weeks earlier than the dealers original estimate.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2011, 02:45 PM   #37
dirtydarthdub
Private
Rep

well it's a double whammy of crap news, first he says he's not placed the order...then makes it official that the company phones will now be changed for iPhones, and i didnt take the new iPhone cradle option even after finding out the order was late as i have windows and my next personal phone will prob be android. Good times!

Hope i get to have the car for a while before the snow kicks in haha!
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2011, 05:00 PM   #38
B33M3R
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Well, the only thing I can say is it's worth the wait!

Not following you with the iPhone situation?

Unless it's changed the cradle is just a snap in adaptor you can add at anytime? If it's an option you haven't added say 6FL or 6NR then you can still press for this. Doubt it's gone build confirmed if the order's only just gone in?
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2011, 07:00 AM   #39
dirtydarthdub
Private
Rep

OK, got the Golf sold to the first viewers on Saturday for a great price. Sad to see it go and have been enjoying driving it even more over the last month since I 'detailed'/'corrected' the paint fully and put a glaze and 2 coats of wax on it, the thing had better looking paint than the new 318d ED one of the guys at work has! Such a deep and wet looking shine to it and has covered 130,400 miles, hope I don't have to sort out the LeMansBlue when I get it!

BMW order is now officially placed and I'm working from home today until the works rental car is delivered so I shudder to think what is going to be brought to my door!

Since I have a reasonable wait for my 320d to be built I'm going to have to try to calm my excitement down a little, and I thought about buying BMW stuff as a daft way to pass the time. First on the cards is getting the black grills ordered and have them sitting at my desk in work. I need suggestions from you lot now - basically show me your tat! This will be second on the list I think;

BMW Leather Key Fob £8.47

Then maybe a BMW umbrella to keep in the boot. Has anyone got any other tat or useful BMW stuff to add to my list?
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2011, 07:50 AM   #40
rich1068
has left the building
United Kingdom
Rep

I did exactly the same. Browsing the accessories. I had to stop myself. I just kept thinking of that episode of Friends where Joey pretends he's got a Ferrari.

That said, the fob thing is nice if a little underwhelming. It's great if you've got Comfort Access and the key just lives in your pocket.

Go for the expensive tool kit thing with the little cups and the Leatherman. I quite like the look of that
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2011, 01:26 PM   #41
B33M3R
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Here's what I waved goodbye to when I got mine. Originally was looking to get a new Golf GTD but after adding a few toys it was near £28000! Nice cars but VW have lost the plot me thinks

06-28-2011, 03:51 AM   #42
dirtydarthdub
Private
Rep

B33MER - very nice, such solid cars with great build quality. I had taken a GTD out for a test drive and it sounded pretty nice, I think it had some butterfly valve on the exhaust or something and it was quite sporty and a nice drive. Finally settled on the VW Passat CC GT.......until they came back to me 2 months into the order to ask If I was ok to wait 11 months for it! That's when I went back to the drawing board and found the 320d M Sport Plus at a good price so got the company to order it.....which has also had the lead time screwed up, but I'm def willing to wait for this!

I do draw the line at tshirts and luggage/Joey stuff haha, I just want tat and silly stuff. I definitely draw the line at this £39.95 female repeller;

Who would have thought you could look like a douche for so cheap! Yes, that is a carbon fibre effect M tie.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2011, 04:02 PM   #43
B33M3R
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

They are really good. I really rated VW and thought the GTi was a genuinely great car. I'd have happily bought another VW but if I'm honest my local VW dealership kind of pi**ed me off to the point that I looked elsewhere. I'm now very glad they did!!

They started out great when I bought the GTi, the Sales Advisor wasn't the usual pushy charachter and the service department were always helpful, even when it had to go in a couple of times under warranty it was quite a nice experience and they couldn't do enough for you.

But, around Feb/Mar last year when I started thinking about changing the GTi I popped into ask about the new Golf R as I was really interested.

The 'New' sales guy there was a complete sleeze though, not what you'd expect at a main dealer. Proceded to tell me they were only going to be making a few hundred and I would have to basically buy one then and there without seeing it.

He took all my details but I never heard anything more about it. Bearing in mind he'd seen me pull in driving a GTi, bought from them I thought I might have been taken a bit more seriousley.

Anyway when the car finance neared an end i got a call from the same guy asking me if I was looking to change the car and I expressed an interest in the GTD (had ruled out another thirsty petrol by then). Again he took all my details and never got back to me.

A little while after that I popped in when passing to see if they might have had a GTD in for a look around and immediately got approached by the same idiot. When I sat down to go through some prices and options I mentioned I was also considering a BMW and he went into full on BMW are sh*t blah, blah, blah to the point where I told him he'd managed to talk me out of another VW and I left.

It's not the first time I've had a Car Sales Person put me off but I do find it amazing that I can walk into a building with the full intention of spending £25000 - £35000 and leave thinking I'd never go back

Nice cars, over priced though
      08-12-2011, 03:50 AM   #44
dirtydarthdub
Private
Rep

Well, cars been delayed until 26th August. Was meant for the 11th. Had to drive all the way to and back from Thurso (approx 560mile round trip) in 2 days there, in the rental Focus that work have given me while I wait for the BMW.

The Focus makes my right foot cry, it's 1.6L 125bhp of pure wet sponge. No torque, 36mpg (it's only 2000miles old), lifeless steering and handling through the electric steering. I hate you Focus, I really do.

The roads up there are made for proper driving, and I kept lining up overtakes only to have to remember that I can't pull out, you just can't go. My old Golf (the gf tells me I have to stop reminiscing about it as it's worse than if I was constantly talking about an ex) would breeze by people, and overtaking people while going up hill was a great way to pick people off.

Well.........................

Just got back into the office to be told that my car is coming.....TODAY!!!!

I nearly pee'd with excitement. Although now I haven't ordered the black grills as I thought there was ages to go and haven't had a chance to tell the dealership not to wash it etc. Doing frantic searching on here about what to check for when you pick it up.

Flippin excited!!!!

Happy Friday everyone!
Appreciate 0