E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > 2011 / 2012 335is Values

08-27-2013, 08:20 AM   #23
ssedha
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Uber / Lyft / CTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr335is View Post
There are TWO beautiful ones listed on this board...
I looked at one. He's on the west coast. Shipping alone would cost me $1000+. Another one I found was in OR. Again shipping is an issue. I'm not a big fan of the blue color, therefore did not look into those (I know those are beautiful cars). Did I miss any others?
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2013, 08:22 AM   #24
ssedha
First Lieutenant
Rep

Oh BTW. Found this information:

Ohio Sales Tax Trade-In Allowance
When a new car dealer sells a new motor vehicle and takes another vehicle in on trade, Ohio allows a reduction to the taxable sales price for the amount of the trade-in.

For example, if a new vehicle with a price of $25,000 is being purchased, and the dealer allows a trade-in credit of $10,000 on the vehicle being traded in, sales tax applies to the net price of the new vehicle ($15,000). This trade-in reduction also applies to the sale of new watercraft, outboard motors, and personal watercraft.

Does the sales tax trade-in reduction apply to the sale of a used vehicle?
No. The trade-in reduction only applies to the sale of new vehicles.

I am currently leasing a car. Can I trade it in on a new car and get the trade-in reduction?
No, you must own the vehicle you are trading in. If you purchase the leased vehicle from the lessor, and then trade it in on a new vehicle, the trade-in reduction would apply.

So looks like I'll be out of luck here!
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2013, 02:47 PM   #25
DFW_M
Major General
Rep
Drives: Macan GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssedha View Post
Oh BTW. Found this information:

Ohio Sales Tax Trade-In Allowance
When a new car dealer sells a new motor vehicle and takes another vehicle in on trade, Ohio allows a reduction to the taxable sales price for the amount of the trade-in.

For example, if a new vehicle with a price of $25,000 is being purchased, and the dealer allows a trade-in credit of $10,000 on the vehicle being traded in, sales tax applies to the net price of the new vehicle ($15,000). This trade-in reduction also applies to the sale of new watercraft, outboard motors, and personal watercraft.

Does the sales tax trade-in reduction apply to the sale of a used vehicle?
No. The trade-in reduction only applies to the sale of new vehicles.

I am currently leasing a car. Can I trade it in on a new car and get the trade-in reduction?
No, you must own the vehicle you are trading in. If you purchase the leased vehicle from the lessor, and then trade it in on a new vehicle, the trade-in reduction would apply.

So looks like I'll be out of luck here!
I am not sure why it would not apply on the used vehicle example. However, I always traded my car in for a new one, so...
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2013, 02:51 PM   #26
DFW_M
Major General
Rep

Quote:
I looked at one. He's on the west coast. Shipping alone would cost me $1000+. Another one I found was in OR. Again shipping is an issue. I'm not a big fan of the blue color, therefore did not look into those (I know those are beautiful cars). Did I miss any others?
I am not sure I understand. The dealers are asking $42k+ for the car, this guy is asking below $40k + shipping, and you can probably negotiate some. I offered mine for $38k before trading it in (had about 23k miles and some upgrades and was a CPO).
Dealers will want to maximize the profit on this rare vehicle, so, you have to be realistic with your expectations.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2013, 06:13 PM   #27
ssedha
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I am not sure I understand. The dealers are asking $42k+ for the car, this guy is asking below $40k + shipping, and you can probably negotiate some. I offered mine for $38k before trading it in (had about 23k miles and some upgrades and was a CPO).
Dealers will want to maximize the profit on this rare vehicle, so, you have to be realistic with your expectations.
Thanks for the tips. I completely understand what you are saying. I think I will have to re-think my strategy! I am realistic, but when I'm spending 40k on a vehicle, wouldn't I want the color of my choice. I can make compromises, but would you buy a car for the sake of it being rare? Not knocking you down my friend. Just that I have to look at every aspect before I make the move (not towards the new car, but more along the lines of my finances )
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2013, 07:47 PM   #28
DFW_M
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for the tips. I completely understand what you are saying. I think I will have to re-think my strategy! I am realistic, but when I'm spending 40k on a vehicle, wouldn't I want the color of my choice. I can make compromises, but would you buy a car for the sake of it being rare? Not knocking you down my friend. Just that I have to look at every aspect before I make the move (not towards the new car, but more along the lines of my finances )
Definitely. Be patient and wait for the right opportunity.
If unsure about blue, that gray one looks awesome!
However, if you're unsure about the DCT (if you prefer the 6MT), do not go for it because "it is faster"...
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2013, 08:18 AM   #29
ssedha
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Definitely. Be patient and wait for the right opportunity.
If unsure about blue, that gray one looks awesome!
However, if you're unsure about the DCT (if you prefer the 6MT), do not go for it because "it is faster"...
Haha. That I do know the answer to. I LOVED the manual on my 135i and as a matter of fact, I do miss it. Have yet to experience the DCT! Can't even find a local one to test drive.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2013, 09:46 PM   #30
DFW_M
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Haha. That I do know the answer to. I LOVED the manual on my 135i and as a matter of fact, I do miss it. Have yet to experience the DCT! Can't even find a local one to test drive.
the only reason I do not have the 335is any more is because of the DCT...
Nothing can substitute the MT!
Appreciate 0