E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > carbon fiber front lip or rear deck spoiler???

08-24-2005, 01:09 AM   #23
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sepang Z4MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellasBmw
yes it would be the bmw spoiler. I saw it on circle bmw for $292 painted. Not sure how much shipping will be tho
also remember you need to pay for install, I was quoted at $500 including install.

Appreciate 0
      08-24-2005, 01:13 AM   #24
BellasBmw
If love is the answer,please rephrase the question
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tit Silver 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
i have someone to do the installation for much cheaper.
      08-24-2005, 01:27 AM   #25
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep

nice hookup, make sure he/she puts it on straight! just kidding,

Appreciate 0
      08-24-2005, 02:03 AM   #26
Tierfreund
Major
Rep
Drives: E90 330i

Put on whatever you like and enjoy it. But it will not raise your resale value. Normally unmodded cars have a higher resale than modded cars. Many modders take of their aftermarket part before they sell and sell the parts seperately. The car will bring more that way and the parts will add.
That only works with parts that are easy to cahnge such as wheels, suspension, interior trim etc.

CF lips and rear spoiler don´t work that way. Once they´re glued on, you can´t take them off without damages.
So if you go for either you´ll have to sell the car with them (hope you find a buyer who at least doesn´t mind them).
At best you´ll get the same value as without, worst case, some potential buyers will walk away from your "modded" car. (I would, I don´t like the look of either).
So chances of recouping your investment on these parts are slim.
      08-24-2005, 07:24 AM   #27
ogrady
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AW 09 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki
also remember you need to pay for install, I was quoted at $500 including install.
$500?? My god! There are folks here who have installed it themselves, it's about the easiest DIY you can do on this car. Check the DIY forum, there's even official BMW isntallation instructions posted. Don't let the stealer take you for 500 bux on this one.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2005, 07:27 AM   #28
ogrady
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AW 09 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tierfreund
Put on whatever you like and enjoy it. But it will not raise your resale value. Normally unmodded cars have a higher resale than modded cars. Many modders take of their aftermarket part before they sell and sell the parts seperately. The car will bring more that way and the parts will add.
That only works with parts that are easy to cahnge such as wheels, suspension, interior trim etc.

CF lips and rear spoiler don´t work that way. Once they´re glued on, you can´t take them off without damages.
So if you go for either you´ll have to sell the car with them (hope you find a buyer who at least doesn´t mind them).
At best you´ll get the same value as without, worst case, some potential buyers will walk away from your "modded" car. (I would, I don´t like the look of either).
So chances of recouping your investment on these parts are slim.

I agree with tierfreund that what's perceived as a "modded" car with lots of aftermarket parts might actually decrease resale value, but in this case we're talking about OEM spoiler lip and front lip so I really doubt that a car with just these would be perceived as such a modded car that it would hurt resale. Think about it, you can order cars straight from the factory with these options. While you might not get a premium on resale for having these, it won't hurt resale. Just my opinion.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2005, 07:52 AM   #29
txusa03
Major General
Rep
Drives: TS330iPPSP6MT

Guys/Gals, don't make the same mistake I did. Make sure u see how these items look in real life before u invest. If you do not know, I bought the spoiler and when it arrived, I did not like the way it looks on the car so now the spoiler is sitting in the attics. Also, it seems like the lips are easier to install. The spoiler might be a little messy with the adhesive. On the other hand, u only lived once so do as you wish and just enjoy your beamer...
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2005, 11:10 AM   #30
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogrady
$500?? My god! There are folks here who have installed it themselves, it's about the easiest DIY you can do on this car. Check the DIY forum, there's even official BMW isntallation instructions posted. Don't let the stealer take you for 500 bux on this one.
Yeah well this is my first BMW so I am just going to let them take care of everything. I don't want to get my car and have to finish it off. I am having them tint it also. I think they use Llumar.

Appreciate 0