E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > HELP! Satellite radio install problems on 2007 328i

10-17-2013, 09:45 AM   #1
andrew4health
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2007 325i

HELP! Satellite radio install problems on 2007 328i

I've been having a lot of problems with a Satellite radio install on my 2007 328i recently. Purchased the radio from a reputable large online BMW used parts recycler where the units are first tested before sent.
My BMW authorized dealer has tried to install two separate units so far sent from this recycler. The car is satellite ready and the antenna is functioning. The dealer technician has done many of these installs on other vehicles.
SO far, the first unit attempted install came gave us the XM audio 800 number on the radio, but XM after may attempts can't get a signal to it. The second replacement unit sent from the recycler did not have either hard wire or antenna communication with the technicians computer and would not get activated. We have a dozen satellite receiver codes that BMW recommends for this car, and we're asking the recycler to send us one of them, to see if that solves the problem. HELP!
Appreciate 0