E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Angel eye bulb flashing....only one side. Please help.

09-19-2013, 03:03 PM   #1
vh_328i
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 07 328i

Angel eye bulb flashing....only one side. Please help.

Hello,

I bought a set of 20w angel eye bulbs on EBAY from China and installed them about 3-4 days ago. I just noticed after driving for about 30 minutes, the driver side flashes. Pass side is fine and never flashes like driver side. I tried switching the pos to neg and neg to pos. (I honestly wouldn't even know which side is pos and neg but they lite up both ways. However, it didn't make a difference, still flashes both ways. Please, any input would be greatly appreciated.

I tried contacting the seller and have been talking to him via message. I wanted to avoid returning them because the return shipping would be a lot. He offered me a refund of $6 USD. Any suggestions on what I should do? BTW, I've had angel eye bulbs installed before and they were fine, old bulbs were not bright so I decided to upgrade. That's all. Idk what to do. Here's the link to what it looks like.

Appreciate 0
      09-19-2013, 03:42 PM   #2
BOBKUR
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 E 90

That is what happens with Chinese crap from e-bay. The car is from Germany not China.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2013, 04:49 PM   #3
blackturbo
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335i

This may be a silly question and please don't take it the wrong way, just helping.
Did you happen to double check the connections and wiring?
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2013, 02:55 AM   #4
BOOSTLEE
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i, Ducati 996

Quote:
Originally Posted by vh_328i View Post
Hello,

I bought a set of 20w angel eye bulbs on EBAY from China and installed them about 3-4 days ago. I just noticed after driving for about 30 minutes, the driver side flashes. Pass side is fine and never flashes like driver side. I tried switching the pos to neg and neg to pos. (I honestly wouldn't even know which side is pos and neg but they lite up both ways. However, it didn't make a difference, still flashes both ways. Please, any input would be greatly appreciated.

I tried contacting the seller and have been talking to him via message. I wanted to avoid returning them because the return shipping would be a lot. He offered me a refund of $6 USD. Any suggestions on what I should do? BTW, I've had angel eye bulbs installed before and they were fine, old bulbs were not bright so I decided to upgrade. That's all. Idk what to do. Here's the link to what it looks like.
are they can-bus compatible?
if yes, then you have a malfunction, throw them away and check out http://luxangeleyes.com/
if no, then buy a load resistor or get coded but I would still put them in the trash

Last edited by BOOSTLEE; 09-21-2013 at 03:14 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2013, 03:16 AM   #5
pillbox
Private
Rep
Drives: E90 330i

The led drivers are bad, get a replacement and you will be fine.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2013, 03:34 AM   #6
essex_lad
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 Msport N53 Stage 2

Iv had this in the past with cheap led bulbs from China. They will flash then just stop working. I would get your money back and buy a decent set.
Appreciate 0