E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Jeans recommendation

08-29-2008, 02:03 PM   #111
shragon
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by iatacs19 View Post
so you get some pants or what?
i believe he's at the mall today hahaha
      08-29-2008, 02:09 PM   #112
krnshinsa
Captain
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

sorry y'all but fuck all your retail jeans seven, nudies pre washed shit bull crap. PM me if you need help for premiumzz denimzzzz (I help as a middle man and retailer)
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2008, 02:14 PM   #113
mpimping
Banned
South Korea
Rep
Drives: gti

Quote:
Originally Posted by krnshinsa View Post
sorry y'all but fuck all your retail jeans seven, nudies pre washed shit bull crap. PM me if you need help for premiumzz denimzzzz (I help as a middle man and retailer)
what are u supposed you do with raw denim? not wash them for 6 months?
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2008, 02:24 PM   #114
nmulax
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 M Coupe

Garage List
2007 Z4M Coupé  [7.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpimping View Post
Yep, wear them for at least 6 months. They develop whiskering and wear marks unique to you.
      08-29-2008, 02:27 PM   #115
krnshinsa
Captain
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpimping View Post
What you want to do with dry raw denim is pre soak it before you wear it. This causes the shrinkage of the denim to occur so as time goes on you stretch the denim according to your body type. (If you read or heard comments about raw denim you often hear that its unbearably tight at first but after 2-3 months or w.e its all good). Also pre soaking increases the likeliness of better fades to happen whiskers/wallet fades blah blah. You wear it for long periods of time without wash because you don't to fade the indigo of the jeans and effect the contrast of the jeans. If it begins to stink or w.e then soak that shit again or do a light wash.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2008, 04:30 PM   #116
shragon
No_Country
Rep

we've gotten confirmation that joonsup has made his jean purchase.
      08-29-2008, 04:42 PM   #117
Joonsup
Lieutenant General
South Korea
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, E30 325i

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [9.50]
ok i'm back. i'll do a full write up so give me a few min
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2008, 04:59 PM   #118
Joonsup
Lieutenant General
South Korea
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [9.50]
Operation soft jeans

Ok fellas. After reading all your posts of what brands were soft and what not, I decided that the best place to start was nordstrom as they have a lot of selection in regards to premium jeans and what not. It seems like only the premium brands offer the softer types of jeans in general.

So I wake up this morning and it's already hot as hell in the south bay so I said fuk dat and I get ready and before i go to the gym or eat lunch I drive myself over to valley fair mall and head to nordstrom. I feel a little out of place b/c I normally do not shop there. But it seems like most of the attractive women shop at nordstroms fyi.

I was in the general vicinity of jeans and saw a good amount of different brands and I'm like "wtf am i looking for". I forgot a lot of the different brands that you guys told me to try, so this one guy that's working in that section asks if I need any help and I tell him I'm looking for some jeans that are 1) soft, 2) no nut huggers, 3) no low rise, 4) relaxed through the leg. So he takes me around and starts grabbing different pairs of jeans and a couple of them were those seven jeans and gawd damn they were really soft so I was really hoping that they'd fit well.

So the first round I tried 7 different pairs of jeans and as picky as I am i need to put them on with my belt so it took a while. I hate shopping and when i try on too many different things I start to get flustered and start sweating so I tried to stay calm and go on about trying them on one by one. All of them were soft, but they were either too low to my liking or not enough room. Those seven jeans are the softest out of all of them, but i wish they gave a little more room throughout the leg.

The worker kept checking up on me asking if i needed a different size and what not and i'm like "fawk man lemme just try them on!" I didnt say that but that's what i was thinking. I started to sweat a little and I didnt have tissue so i startd to pat my face down using the jeans that I already tried on that i didnt want. lol.

So after trying all of them on he got me 3 or 4 other ones and two of them seemed to be the ones I was looking for. They were Lucky jeans and some Hugo Boss jeans. They seemed to fit ok and I was already sick of all this shit so I ended up picking up those two thinking that I"ll take them home and try them on later on and decide at that time.

And on my way back to the parking lot I saw a Lucky Jeans store and I went in there to ask about the different types available and the guy let me try on the same style that I bought at nordstrom, but it was a lot softer b/c of the "wash" according to that guy. So I ended up picking up a pair from there as well so i can try all 3 on later and return one or two or all of them if i change my mind.

I was too tired to go to any other places after trying all those jeans so I took off, got some L&L Hawaiin bbq and headed back home. Thanks to everyone who gave their input. I hope to never buy anymore jeans for the next 10 years. lol

edit: i forgot to mention that ray from machIII kept calling me while i was in the dressing room and it got me more flustered. After i got out of the store i called back and the reason why he called was to find out if i was trying on jeans. lol that bastard! haha

Last edited by Joonsup; 08-29-2008 at 05:24 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2008, 05:02 PM   #119
ZJP
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535xi / B6 S4

Tommy Hilfiger.... I'm tellin you man, they are extremely comfy.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2008, 05:05 PM   #120
Joonsup
Lieutenant General
South Korea
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranzporter View Post
Tommy Hilfiger.... I'm tellin you man, they are extremely comfy.
ok next time i go to the mall i'll look into those. i was too tired to go anywhere else after nordstrom. haha
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2008, 05:28 PM   #121
shragon
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by joonsup View Post
Ok fellas. After reading all your posts of what brands were soft and what not, I decided that the best place to start was nordstrom as they have a lot of selection in regards to premium jeans and what not. It seems like only the premium brands offer the softer types of jeans in general.

So I wake up this morning and it's already hot as hell in the south bay so I said fuk dat and I get ready and before i go to the gym or eat lunch I drive myself over to valley fair mall and head to nordstrom. I feel a little out of place b/c I normally do not shop there. But it seems like most of the attractive women shop at nordstroms fyi.

I was in the general vicinity of jeans and saw a good amount of different brands and I'm like "wtf am i looking for". I forgot a lot of the different brands that you guys told me to try, so this one guy that's working in that section asks if I need any help and I tell him I'm looking for some jeans that are 1) soft, 2) no nut huggers, 3) no low rise, 4) relaxed through the leg. So he takes me around and starts grabbing different pairs of jeans and a couple of them were those seven jeans and gawd damn they were really soft so I was really hoping that they'd fit well.

So the first round I tried 7 different pairs of jeans and as picky as I am i need to put them on with my belt so it took a while. I hate shopping and when i try on too many different things I start to get flustered and start sweating so I tried to stay calm and go on about trying them on one by one. All of them were soft, but they were either too low to my liking or not enough room. Those seven jeans are the softest out of all of them, but i wish they gave a little more room throughout the leg.

The worker kept checking up on me asking if i needed a different size and what not and i'm like "fawk man lemme just try them on!" I didnt say that but that's what i was thinking. I started to sweat a little and I didnt have tissue so i startd to pat my face down using the jeans that I already tried on that i didnt want. lol.

So after trying all of them on he got me 3 or 4 other ones and two of them seemed to be the ones I was looking for. They were Lucky jeans and some Hugo Boss jeans. They seemed to fit ok and I was already sick of all this shit so I ended up picking up those two thinking that I"ll take them home and try them on later on and decide at that time.

And on my way back to the parking lot I saw a Lucky Jeans store and I went in there to ask about the different types available and the guy let me try on the same style that I bought at nordstrom, but it was a lot softer b/c of the "wash" according to that guy. So I ended up picking up a pair from there as well so i can try all 3 on later and return one or two or all of them if i change my mind.

I was too tired to go to any other places after trying all those jeans so I took off, got some L&L Hawaiin bbq and headed back home. Thanks to everyone who gave their input. I hope to never buy anymore jeans for the next 10 years. lol

edit: i forgot to mention that ray from machIII kept calling me while i was in the dressing room and it got me more flustered. After i got out of the store i called back and the reason why he called was to find out if i was trying on jeans. lol that bastard! haha
      08-29-2008, 05:33 PM   #122
Ray
Rep
Drives: three series

I never realized how impactful I am to you, when you have your pants down
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2008, 05:55 PM   #123
Joonsup
Lieutenant General
South Korea
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray View Post
I never realized how impactful I am to you, when you have your pants down
LOL oh man this thread has gotten out of hand
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2008, 05:56 PM   #124
Joonsup
Lieutenant General
South Korea
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [9.50]
i thought you were calling to ask me about my suspension or how my car was running since you do follow up call ever now and then. But then i find out that you're asking if i bought some jeans yet. lol
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2008, 05:57 PM   #125
808MGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3

That's a lot of cash you spent on jeans. The most comfortable jeans I own are a pair of Quicksilver jeans, $50. I also have some Lacoste jeans that are very soft but I got them on sale for $60. Regular price is well over $100 which I never would spend on jeans. Never liked Lucky. They never seem to fit right.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2009, 09:17 PM   #126
Minefield
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Car

I like my 7s. They look/feel flimsy but are extremely comfortable.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2009, 09:21 PM   #127
Minefield
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Car

just got a pair of Nudie's too
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2009, 09:44 PM   #128
Mahhvinn
EUROPROJEKTZ
United_States
Rep
Drives: backwards

Garage List
2008 E90 335i  [7.00]
Good luck with the jeans Nick.

I have True Religions, Imperials, Nudies, and Levis. All of which, took me forever to buy because I'm the same way with my jeans. If you have patience, then I suggest trying the raw denim project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krnshinsa View Post
What you want to do with dry raw denim is pre soak it before you wear it. This causes the shrinkage of the denim to occur so as time goes on you stretch the denim according to your body type. (If you read or heard comments about raw denim you often hear that its unbearably tight at first but after 2-3 months or w.e its all good). Also pre soaking increases the likeliness of better fades to happen whiskers/wallet fades blah blah. You wear it for long periods of time without wash because you don't to fade the indigo of the jeans and effect the contrast of the jeans. If it begins to stink or w.e then soak that shit again or do a light wash.

#TeamStretchNPoke
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2009, 09:45 PM   #129
Zoeb@WheelDude.com
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 (e92), X5 (E70), 428i (F32)

Garage List
1995 BMW M3  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [8.00]
lol welcome back thread
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2009, 09:56 PM   #130
al4m
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 328i - sgm

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
^+1
      09-01-2009, 10:02 PM   #131
Andy@LTBMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: TiAg E90 325i

i like levi's ... they hug the nuts like crazy, like they are crazy for my balls
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2009, 10:18 PM   #132
Joonsup
Lieutenant General
South Korea
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [9.50]
you cocksuckers this thread is a year old. lol
Appreciate 0