E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Tracking, Autocrossing, Dragstrip, Driving Techniques > BMW 335i on the track

01-17-2011, 11:52 PM   #1
boost3dx
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5 CS & 2022 X5M

Garage List
2022 BMW X5M  [0.00]
2022 BMW M5 CS  [10.00]
BMW 335i on the track

I have been taking my G35 to the track for the last couple of years and now my brother in law wants me to take his 08 (or 09, can't remember) 335i to the track.

His 335i is an automatic, I'm trying to find out if anything might be needed or anything I should watch out for when driving this car hard for the whole day.

I've read when the 335i first came out it had an oil overheating problem, I want to make sure nothing happens with his car and nothing gets overheated. Its a lease and it ends in March, so that's why he suggested I take it now because he doesn't care if I beat on it, but I still don't want to damage anything.

I really don't know much about this car, so any advice or help when taking it to the track would be extremely helpful.

Thanks for any help in advance.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2011, 11:57 PM   #2
qtrlifecrisis
Scenic Artist
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 BMW 335i

welcome to e90post.

theres a bunch of stuff in this section, try hitting up the search.

depending on how hot it is were you're tracking will help determine whether or not the car goes into limpo mode when the oil gets to hot. but if you don't try and slaughter the car it should be fine in temps under 75f.
      01-18-2011, 08:56 AM   #3
Turkeybaster115
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335I

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboG35Coupe View Post
I have been taking my G35 to the track for the last couple of years and now my brother in law wants me to take his 08 (or 09, can't remember) 335i to the track.

His 335i is an automatic, I'm trying to find out if anything might be needed or anything I should watch out for when driving this car hard for the whole day.

I've read when the 335i first came out it had an oil overheating problem, I want to make sure nothing happens with his car and nothing gets overheated. Its a lease and it ends in March, so that's why he suggested I take it now because he doesn't care if I beat on it, but I still don't want to damage anything.

I really don't know much about this car, so any advice or help when taking it to the track would be extremely helpful.

Thanks for any help in advance.
Does the car have an OEM oil cooler?
Appreciate 0