E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > BMW CODING success

03-10-2011, 08:24 PM   #2179
spera23
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by AW128i View Post
OK, so made some changes tonight to the Welcome Lights on my car. I added the low beams and fog lights and they work great. I also disabled the front sidemarkers in the Welcome Lights. I didn't like that they didn't match what the car looks like with the lights actually on; i.e., I already had the front sidemarkers disabled when the lights are on. So, something curious happened. My tail lights no longer come on with the Welcome Lights. I compared my original FSW_PSW.TRC file to the one read from the NFRM module after I made the coding changes and I don't see any differences other than the purposeful changes mentioned previously. Does anyone know what controls the tail lights for the Welcome Lights??
I had the Identical Problem!

Quote:
Originally Posted by outie View Post
Welcome Light Taillight should be WL_SL_2 or WL_SL_2_3R (aka rear parking lights)
+1 - Thats how I fixed it!
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2011, 08:40 PM   #2180
ERIK430i
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive w/ M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiVeDh View Post
After you write $302 to VO (which is stored in more than one module), you need to re-code all modules so they recognize the new VO.
Do I do this like I coded the VO in CAS and NFRM? Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2011, 08:49 PM   #2181
BrynDN
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@Powerchip View Post
Some comments...

Never have seen the service counters reset. The only thing that resets is the time and the brightness that you have the cluster set at. Even the date is retained. I have heard instances of this happening but I wouldn't be concerned about it.

The BMW efficient dynamics is absolutely amazing. I tried tricking it in a number of different ways, but it's very precise. The 6 speed cars do not know what gear you are currently in. The only thing it knows is if the gear shifter is in neutral, or if it is in a gear (all gears give the same reading to the ECU), and obviously if the clutch/brake is engaged or not. So basically it calculates what gear you are in (and thus what gear you should go to) based on the driving speed and rpm compared with your throttle position (and whether the clutch or brake is engaged). It probably also takes into account yaw and some other factors. It does a very good job of determining what gear you should go to depending on the throttle input, and will even tell you to skip gears, or downshift if necessary. And it's instantaneous. I love it and it's made a big difference for me.
Coded this new addition. Drove for a second and seemed cool. Didn't see it telling me to downshift, but...

Coding KOMBI reset my time, date, trip odometer, and all MPG/MPH averages. Had me freaking for a second, but a service meters remained unchanged.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2011, 09:18 PM   #2182
DESI4life10
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: Coding: Desi4life10@gmail.com

aw128i...

Have you tried enabling the alarm chirp through the bs stalk menu.

You can specify that when you lock the car, you want both the lights and horn to sound as confirmation.

You may have to select it again
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2011, 09:19 PM   #2183
Neutrino45
Major
Rep
Drives: XXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd23 View Post
access again please Neuro
Hey, I just returned your access. Please PM me again if it doesn't work.
      03-10-2011, 09:57 PM   #2184
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Please keep all discussions on-topic and technical in nature. There's no tolerance here for drama. Thank you.
Subscribe to Bimmerpost Youtube Channel
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2011, 10:40 PM   #2185
BPMSport
United_States
Rep
Drives: Harrop M3 / F10 M5 / F82 M4

Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrynDN View Post
Coded this new addition. Drove for a second and seemed cool. Didn't see it telling me to downshift, but...

Coding KOMBI reset my time, date, trip odometer, and all MPG/MPH averages. Had me freaking for a second, but a service meters remained unchanged.
Yeah I remember it scaring me at the beginning also... I actually waited until right after my third service before I took off the door gong, and added digital mpg, etc.. incase it erased the service intervals. I was 1000 miles away from it and would have been screwed out of a major service if it reset. Thank god it doesn't.

It does tell you to downshift, although it's pretty rare. Most of the time it's if you're on the gas and there isn't much acceleration because you are in too high of a gear.

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2011, 10:52 PM   #2186
sd23
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 435i x-drive M-sport EBII

No welcome angel lights for me in my FRM module i drive a 06 with prod date of 06/05 anyone else missing it. I know i don't have the NFRM with AE DRL
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2011, 11:10 PM   #2187
ERIK430i
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive w/ M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DESI4life10 View Post
aw128i...

Have you tried enabling the alarm chirp through the bs stalk menu.

You can specify that when you lock the car, you want both the lights and horn to sound as confirmation.

You may have to select it again
Thanks for your help. I ended up updating all the modules after adding +K302 to CAS and NFRM. I then checked the stalk menu and enabled both lights and horn. My panic alarm now works.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2011, 11:51 PM   #2188
DESI4life10
Banned
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERIK335i View Post
Thanks for your help. I ended up updating all the modules after adding +K302 to CAS and NFRM. I then checked the stalk menu and enabled both lights and horn. My panic alarm now works.
No problem bud...Glad everything worked out
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2011, 01:32 AM   #2189
mark19uk
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@Powerchip View Post
What did you try to code that caused this? Do you have your .trc files before/after?
I did back it up yes, the only 2 things i changed in KOMBI were BC_DIGITAL_V and DIGITAL_KVA.

Now i have the annoying "Gear" displayed.

More worried about the red exhaust tho.

I would have thought with all the info we can get to now that it wouldn't be difficult to clear any errors.

m
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2011, 01:35 AM   #2190
mark19uk
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrynDN View Post

Ive had a red exhaust service date changed to 01.2001 after coding KOMBI, all the others were unchaged.

time, date and language and all trip info were reset.

This is on a 09 320i
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2011, 01:43 AM   #2191
BPMSport
United_States
Rep
Drives: Harrop M3 / F10 M5 / F82 M4

Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark19uk View Post
I did back it up yes, the only 2 things i changed in KOMBI were BC_DIGITAL_V and DIGITAL_KVA.

Now i have the annoying "Gear" displayed.

More worried about the red exhaust tho.

I would have thought with all the info we can get to now that it wouldn't be difficult to clear any errors.

m
When you coded the car did you press process car or did you select CODIERN and program CIC specifically?

Have you tried programming KOMBI with a blank .MAN file?

Make sure you set the date too if its wrong. It shouldn't be reset during programming.

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2011, 02:12 AM   #2192
mark19uk
United Kingdom
Rep

i selected CODIERN.
Just popped out and coded a blank .MAN, still got the gear, the cruise control and exhaust errors.
The date never changed, only the time.

this is a weird one!!!

edit:

after driving for 20 mins or so the "particle filter" error has gone, just left with the DCC Failed error.

hmmmm

Last edited by mark19uk; 03-11-2011 at 03:50 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2011, 08:22 AM   #2193
DESI4life10
Banned
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark19uk View Post
i selected CODIERN.
Just popped out and coded a blank .MAN, still got the gear, the cruise control and exhaust errors.
The date never changed, only the time.

this is a weird one!!!

edit:

after driving for 20 mins or so the "particle filter" error has gone, just left with the DCC Failed error.

hmmmm
Yea all the service interval alerts should return back to normal once you drive for a bit.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2011, 08:36 AM   #2194
el-drifot
Rep
Drives: BMW e90 318d

Hey guys
I changed some values in my IHK module.Now my climate looks like this in Auto Mode :

And Manual Mode:

Just change this values like displayed:
GEBLAESE_AUTO_MIT_A
aktiv
GEBLAESE_AUTO_MIT_BALKEN
nicht_aktiv
GEBLAESE_MIT_LUEFTER_SYMB
nicht_aktiv
GEBLAESE_MIT_RAHMEN
nicht_aktiv

Greetz
El-Drifto

::: New found :

Change
LICHT_AUT_WERT_1
aktiv
LICHT_AUT_WERT_2
aktiv
LICHT_AUT_WERT_3
aktiv

In module KOMBI and you can change the sensivity of your automatic light sensor in your Dash! Great when you dont have any Navigation System.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2011, 08:46 AM   #2195
Kalud
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by el-drifot View Post
Just change this values like displayed:
GEBLAESE_AUTO_MIT_A
aktiv
GEBLAESE_AUTO_MIT_BALKEN
nicht_aktiv
GEBLAESE_MIT_LUEFTER_SYMB
nicht_aktiv
GEBLAESE_MIT_RAHMEN
nicht_aktiv
Nice, while you're at it, do you have "REST_TASTE_VERBAUT" in your IHK module ? If so and if its "aktiv" try it on "nicht_aktiv", you might get the ALL Button function that we have on 2011. I would be very interested to see if it works, but I can't tests it as I have a 2011 and did the opposite with success. Many more people are interested in this also
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2011, 08:50 AM   #2196
el-drifot
Rep
Drives: BMW e90 318d

In my IHK Module file, there is no Entry for that. But in my main 226 KB FSW_PSW.TRC file there is the entry. But I dont know how to change that becuase when I load the IHK ECU there is no REST_TASTE_VERBAUT entry... Hmmm
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2011, 08:57 AM   #2197
Pseudo Nim
twinborific
Rep
Drives: fast, sometimes slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by el-drifot View Post
In my IHK Module file, there is no Entry for that. But in my main 226 KB FSW_PSW.TRC file there is the entry. But I dont know how to change that becuase when I load the IHK ECU there is no REST_TASTE_VERBAUT entry... Hmmm
You know, it's an entirely random idea and I don't think I recommend trying it, but I just had a thought - it's been discussed that we shouldn't try adding non-existent values to modules, but WHAT IF you have that value in the full dump but not in the individual module, and you are reasonably certain that that value goes into the said module? (you can actually determine its location by searching the full dump and seeing the values around it - so you can usually figure out from whence it came). THEN maybe you can manually "force" the value into the module, i.e. add it by hand and set it to the value that you want?

I wonder whether that makes sense and whether anyone is adventurous enough to try, or at least offer some counter-opinions.
      03-11-2011, 09:00 AM   #2198
Kalud
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

Engine Start-Stop Function (MAS)

Anyone outside US/Canada (because we don't have it here) have Auto Start-Stop enabled on a 3-series: http://www.bmw.com/com/en/newvehicle...startstop.html

If I remember well, 2011.5 M3 have this enabled in the US...

I've seen a lot of switches related to MSA in my N55 car.

From the N55 Training documentation:

Code:
MSA
	nicht_aktiv
MSA_ALIVE_MONITOR
	nicht_aktiv
MSA_CSUM_MONITOR
	nicht_aktiv
MSA_ENABLE
	wert_01
MSA_ID_MONITOR
	nicht_aktiv
MSA_SWITCH_ON_OFF_ENABLE
	nicht_aktiv
MSA_NOTSTRATEGIE
	nicht_aktiv
MSA_ANSTEUERLOGIK
	ihxx
TC_MSA_NO_KL15_AUTO_OFF
	nicht_aktiv
MSA_CODIERUNG
	nicht_aktiv
MSA_MEMORY
	nicht_aktiv
MSA_ANZEIGELOGIK
	anzeige_ihkx
MSA_E89
	nicht_verbaut
MSA_MEMORYFUNKTION
	nicht_aktiv
HVAC_MSA_EFFICIENCY
	nicht_aktiv
EDC_LED_SWITCH_MSA
	nicht_aktiv
MSA_DDE
	nicht_aktiv
MSA_KENNLINIENSATZ_US
	nicht_aktiv
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2011, 09:01 AM   #2199
rubdom
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 08 E90 AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim View Post
You know, it's an entirely random idea and I don't think I recommend trying it, but I just had a thought - it's been discussed that we shouldn't try adding non-existent values to modules, but WHAT IF you have that value in the full dump but not in the individual module, and you are reasonably certain that that value goes into the said module? (you can actually determine its location by searching the full dump and seeing the values around it - so you can usually figure out from whence it came). THEN maybe you can manually "force" the value into the module, i.e. add it by hand and set it to the value that you want?

I wonder whether that makes sense and whether anyone is adventurous enough to try, or at least offer some counter-opinions.
Interesting. I would like to add the home lights automatic option to NFRM. Its only in my main file and not in the module.
I don't think I am brave enough to try it.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2011, 09:04 AM   #2200
spera23
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubdom View Post
Interesting. I would like to add the home lights automatic option to NFRM. Its only in my main file and not in the module.
I don't think I am brave enough to try it.
What is the value for the auto home lights?
Appreciate 0