E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > 07 328xi (non-idrive) - BT Voice Dial & Radio Preset Q

12-02-2010, 09:52 AM   #1
namebrandon
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi

07 328xi (non-idrive) - BT Voice Dial & Radio Preset Q

Hey guys, quick questions.. I've searched for this and found some conflicting reports on BT, and not really any useful information on radio presets and the remote key fob..

1 - It doesn't seem like the car is storing my presets to the key fob. If I set 99.1 FM as preset 1 with my key fob in the car (ignition on), then turn off the car, and insert second key fob, set FM preset to 89.9, then go back to key fob 1, FM preset is still 89.9. I know I had to fiddle around to get the remote key fob to store the last-locked seat position (think I had to do it per each fob).. Is there a similar setting to store presets? If so, any idea what the little icons look like in the "SET" menu (non-idrive)? I've got the manual, it's just not here with me.

2 - BT and voice dialing.. With my old BT headset, I could just say "Call xyz" and it worked just fine. When I pair my phone (Verizon / Samsung Fascinate (Android)) the contacts get uploaded fine, but it doesn't appear to translate the contact names.. I can't say "Dial xyz" or "Dial Name xyz".. I did manually (vocally?) create the phone book entries ("Save Name", say name, say number, "Save") and that works. Is that the only way for voice dialing to work, to create each specific entry in the phone book via voice commands? I was hoping it'd work just like my BT headset, where "Call xyz" finds xyz in my contacts.. In a search, someone with an iPhone said it worked for them without creating phone book entries, ( saying "dial xyz" on a 2007 328i) but others said it didn't work like that for them at all..

Thanks!
Appreciate 0