E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Formula D Anyone?

11-14-2007, 09:36 AM   #1
hl0m4n
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Formula D Anyone?

is anyone on here into the formula d (drifting)? i have been watching it on speed and it is growing on me. the japanese guys are really amazing but a very good japanese drifter said that in 1-2 years americans will be better. drifting is really increasing in the US.

very fun sport to watch. sometimes i wonder how they do it. like one drift on a corner i understand but doing multiple side by side and still having control wow.

is drifting cars mainly based on tires, suspension, and tq?
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2007, 11:13 AM   #2
NYBMW335
Lieutenant
Portugal
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i jet black/black

Well drifting involves alot more then just car setup. Drifting is more of how a driver adapts to a car. For example you can have a great drifter and he can drift a "normal" car, but you cant have a drift car and expect to drift.

Drifting aka power sliding has been around for a while, starting back in Rally and even ice racing. Its a matter of going around a corner with limited traction.

I also remember that when drifting started here in the US, people use to say that drifting is for people who cant go fast around turns, so they just drift around it. I think it takes alot mroe skill to drift then people give it credit to.

This is just my .02 cent from my experience.
Appreciate 0