E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > NYC parking at its finest!

11-12-2009, 04:22 PM   #23
itsbrokeagain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1999 528iT, E53 X5, E46 325xi

we used to have this dumb fuck in his honda civic hybrid here in valley stream try to give out tickets when we were movin cars around at my old job. We would pull them out on the street for a minute, go move the other car out of the way to get the first car back in the shop, and he would be there writing a ticket.

he knew all of us parked there all the time, yet wrote us tickets anyway.

so one day he left his car running in front of our shop while he scoured all the way down the block out of view lookin for possible cars to give tickets to. We took the needle valves out of all his tires, and took his caps too...so the tires went flat, and no way to keep air in the tires lol.

So nassau county flatbedded the car back to whereever, but next week it was back in business. So he did his routine stop in front of the shop, walked away, and my tint guy went and got in the car, put it in drive and stepped out...it rolled down the street for a good block before it pulled to the right and ran right into a parking meter, and it was going at a good clip too...busted the radiator and the rad support and everything. Guy was steamin mad, but all of us played stupid and had a good chuckle out of it..
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2009, 05:25 PM   #24
2M
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Mineral Grey M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevC View Post
i just got a ticket for street parking in new brunswick at 5:01 (time of issuance) and i am legally allowed to park on the street at 5pm on the dot, which i was. this girl MUST have been camping out waiting for me, im going to make sure she never ruins anyone's day ever again..
yo thats sum real f-ed up ish man how do u get a ticket at 5:01 wen u are allowed to park there after 5:00 lmao thats hilariouss
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2009, 05:57 PM   #25
RevC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: a couple fast toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsbrokeagain View Post
we used to have this dumb fuck in his honda civic hybrid here in valley stream try to give out tickets when we were movin cars around at my old job. We would pull them out on the street for a minute, go move the other car out of the way to get the first car back in the shop, and he would be there writing a ticket.

he knew all of us parked there all the time, yet wrote us tickets anyway.

so one day he left his car running in front of our shop while he scoured all the way down the block out of view lookin for possible cars to give tickets to. We took the needle valves out of all his tires, and took his caps too...so the tires went flat, and no way to keep air in the tires lol.

So nassau county flatbedded the car back to whereever, but next week it was back in business. So he did his routine stop in front of the shop, walked away, and my tint guy went and got in the car, put it in drive and stepped out...it rolled down the street for a good block before it pulled to the right and ran right into a parking meter, and it was going at a good clip too...busted the radiator and the rad support and everything. Guy was steamin mad, but all of us played stupid and had a good chuckle out of it..
hahaha, you took the needle valves, oh man thats hilarious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine3 View Post
yo thats sum real f-ed up ish man how do u get a ticket at 5:01 wen u are allowed to park there after 5:00 lmao thats hilariouss
right? ..i went to court today pleading not guilty (even though it was such a miniscule ticket, it was the principle of it) i argued that the ticket was issued at 5:01 and legally i was allowed to park at that time, knowing im going to win, get this, the lady somehow tries to argue this: that i park my car there all the time with no tags, are you f'ing kidding me? what are you stalking me you petty bi*ch? in the end i had the ticket dropped and im no longer parking on that street where petty meter maids are camping out with no remorse and or empathy for anything or any body. they really grind my gears.

SGM e92 335xi|Helix|AFE|AWE|PROCEDE|SYNAPSE|ER|OSS|BMW PERFORMANCE|P3|always growing..
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2009, 02:43 PM   #26
Bagelfast
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

so what is the deal with the new 5 minute grace period?

Is it in effect 100% yet? can this be ground for me to dismiss my ticket!
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2009, 03:16 PM   #27
RevC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: a couple fast toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LUMI335 View Post

i wish i knew/heard of that before.

SGM e92 335xi|Helix|AFE|AWE|PROCEDE|SYNAPSE|ER|OSS|BMW PERFORMANCE|P3|always growing..
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2009, 04:22 PM   #28
2M
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Mineral Grey M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LUMI335 View Post

no i dont think so ..i think its jsut a suggestion and hasnt been passed yet..i think the mayor disagrees with it
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2009, 06:37 PM   #29
328i
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E46 ///M

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevC View Post
hahaha, you took the needle valves, oh man thats hilarious

right? ..i went to court today pleading not guilty (even though it was such a miniscule ticket, it was the principle of it) i argued that the ticket was issued at 5:01 and legally i was allowed to park at that time, knowing im going to win, get this, the lady somehow tries to argue this: that i park my car there all the time with no tags, are you f'ing kidding me? what are you stalking me you petty bi*ch? in the end i had the ticket dropped and im no longer parking on that street where petty meter maids are camping out with no remorse and or empathy for anything or any body. they really grind my gears.

I fought an RU Parking Authority ticket through their appeal form and won, even though I was completely in the wrong. I wrote some bs and made up hand drawn diagrams.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2009, 09:37 PM   #30
Donald-335i
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: The Hoes Crazy!

I WOULD HAVE SMACKED THAT BI***

Appreciate 0
      11-21-2009, 10:36 PM   #31
Bagelfast
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

^^ +1!!!

Found this today:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/17/ny...17parking.html

"...the Council approved it by 47 to 2, a vote well in excess of the two-thirds support needed to override a veto."

ALso sent my ticket in with a not guilty plea, so lets see what happens, will update here.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2009, 11:27 PM   #32
itsbrokeagain
United_States
Rep

I was down off DeLancy in NYC this morning, the parking enforcement creeps were out in full force. I was waitin for my girl to finish gettin her hurr did, talkin with a friend out in front of the car (mind you I had paid at the muni-meter) and the first woman walked up to the car and checked it over, I went and told her I was gonna put more money in in like 2 minutes when it was up (they only allow one hour parking per ticket), and she said 'relax, im not here to bust chops, but you dont have a front plate on the car'...

I made up some story about how I just got the bumper painted yesterday and the bracket was all mangled, and she was very chill and said she wasnt gonna give me a ticket, but she said if the actual NYPD comes by and sees it, they dont care if you are Obama, you're gonna get a ticket for no front plate. So I thanked her for the good manners, and she was on her way.

No less than 10 min later, some eastern former soviet block f a g was walkin on the far side of the intersection which I was parked at, happened to look my way, saw the car with no front plate, and he walked diagonally across the intersection, making a beeline for the car. I tell him take it easy, another one of your peoples just came over and told me about the plate. I tell him the same story and he proceeds to not give a shit and try to write a ticket, sayin its not his problem. I argue with him for a bit and he throws his hands up in disgust sayin 'NYPD is going to get you anyway' and walks off.

3 more nazis happen to show their face within the next 10 min AGAIN (just in the area, they all spotted the car but made no attempt to come towards us since I was practically sitting on the hood), so I know they were circling us like vultures, waiting for us to leave so they could slam us with a bunch of tickets. I said screw that, got in the car, giving a dirty stare to one of them as he was comin up to the car, and took off down the block.

I went 3 blocks over and had it parked in a valet lot. The $14 it cost me to park the car for 3 hours was well worth not getting harrassed by some idiots with nothing else better to do and getting a ticket for $150. Not to mention the valet put some effort into parking the car, and parked it off in the corner with 4 other BMWs, one being an E46 M3 under a car cover.

I feel bad cuse that first parking enforcement woman who came up to us actually showed some decency towards us. The rest of them were like mindless zombies, you could shoot them all you want but theyd still find a way to ticket your car lmao...she gets such a bad rap from the rest of the derelicts...
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2009, 11:40 PM   #33
Crisp
Lieutenant Colonel
Albania
Rep
Drives: F95 X5M

Garage List
Quote:
I was down off DeLancy in NYC this morning, the parking enforcement creeps were out in full force. I was waitin for my girl to finish gettin her hurr did, talkin with a friend out in front of the car (mind you I had paid at the muni-meter) and the first woman walked up to the car and checked it over, I went and told her I was gonna put more money in in like 2 minutes when it was up (they only allow one hour parking per ticket), and she said 'relax, im not here to bust chops, but you dont have a front plate on the car'...

I made up some story about how I just got the bumper painted yesterday and the bracket was all mangled, and she was very chill and said she wasnt gonna give me a ticket, but she said if the actual NYPD comes by and sees it, they dont care if you are Obama, you're gonna get a ticket for no front plate. So I thanked her for the good manners, and she was on her way.

No less than 10 min later, some eastern former soviet block f a g was walkin on the far side of the intersection which I was parked at, happened to look my way, saw the car with no front plate, and he walked diagonally across the intersection, making a beeline for the car. I tell him take it easy, another one of your peoples just came over and told me about the plate. I tell him the same story and he proceeds to not give a shit and try to write a ticket, sayin its not his problem. I argue with him for a bit and he throws his hands up in disgust sayin 'NYPD is going to get you anyway' and walks off.

3 more nazis happen to show their face within the next 10 min AGAIN (just in the area, they all spotted the car but made no attempt to come towards us since I was practically sitting on the hood), so I know they were circling us like vultures, waiting for us to leave so they could slam us with a bunch of tickets. I said screw that, got in the car, giving a dirty stare to one of them as he was comin up to the car, and took off down the block.

I went 3 blocks over and had it parked in a valet lot. The $14 it cost me to park the car for 3 hours was well worth not getting harrassed by some idiots with nothing else better to do and getting a ticket for $150. Not to mention the valet put some effort into parking the car, and parked it off in the corner with 4 other BMWs, one being an E46 M3 under a car cover.

I feel bad cuse that first parking enforcement woman who came up to us actually showed some decency towards us. The rest of them were like mindless zombies, you could shoot them all you want but theyd still find a way to ticket your car lmao...she gets such a bad rap from the rest of the derelicts...

LMAO!

Damn white people.

It's pretty bad owning an "expensive" car.
To them, it looks like you have millions and can afford another $150 ticket.

I'm picking up my 535 this Wednesday and told the dealer not to put a plate on it because it's M sport and I don't want them destroying my front bumper by opening holes.
Now I need to figure out a way to put that plate up there without drilling holes.
It looks like the M bottom grill is big enough to house the plate so I might zip tie it there, or buy one of those hinges that fits into the towing hole in the front bumper.

What are you doing with yours?
I know windshield does not work...
      11-21-2009, 11:46 PM   #34
MemphisRheins
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 330xi

I got towed a week ago in Boston for Street Cleaning... puts some things in perspective
      11-22-2009, 01:45 AM   #35
sd390r
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW M3

Garage List
2008 E90 335i  [0.00]
if it makes you feel better those parking enforcement people rarely last at that job for more than a few months... seems like theyre always getting fired quick
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2009, 08:22 AM   #36
itsbrokeagain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisp View Post
LMAO!

Damn white people.

It's pretty bad owning an "expensive" car.
To them, it looks like you have millions and can afford another $150 ticket.

I'm picking up my 535 this Wednesday and told the dealer not to put a plate on it because it's M sport and I don't want them destroying my front bumper by opening holes.
Now I need to figure out a way to put that plate up there without drilling holes.
It looks like the M bottom grill is big enough to house the plate so I might zip tie it there, or buy one of those hinges that fits into the towing hole in the front bumper.

What are you doing with yours?
I know windshield does not work...
winging it with no front plate. I use EZ-Pass and try not to park on the street wherever I go.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2009, 04:29 PM   #37
Crisp
Lieutenant Colonel
Albania
Rep
Drives: F95 X5M

Garage List
Quote:
winging it with no front plate. I use EZ-Pass and try not to park on the street wherever I go.
I'm surprised they haven't pulled you over while you are driving.

I'm sure these days they would pull a U-Turn on your ass if they see no front plate and chase you down as if you stole the car.

That's what they did for me JUST for tints (35%).