E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > What happens when your wife makes you sell your BMW

05-25-2013, 10:52 PM   #1
hardtothepaint
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 328xi

What happens when your wife makes you sell your BMW

I saw this post on maxbimmer Fourms and found it to be hilarious. Thought I share it here with you guys!

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-community...AdIdZ487843914

You know who you are. You're the guy in the dark jacket with dark hair and baseball cap driving the white 2013 Ford Escape who after cashing out at the LOWES at Major Mackenzie and Dufferin at 2:19 pm with one small bag in hand opened your door very hard into my 7 day new Kia Sedona van leaving a huge dent.

How do I know this? Because after seeing the dent and not seeing any note left behind, I reviewed the parking lot security tape with the store manager. You were video taped cashing out at the till at approx. 2:17pm and walking out to your white Ford Escape 3 cars in from the front entrance to the store. Smashed my van and simply drove away through the north exit.

Normally I would forget it and this would be your lucky day. However, after reluctantly selling my BMW 530 just this past week for a minivan to appease my wife in obtaining a more family friendly vehicle, I am feeling like a neutered dog who is not only forced to drive a KIA minivan, but now one that looks abused and fugly.

So, here it is... Contact me now and we can have this settled fairly for both of us (I am a pretty reasonable guy) or wait until the store releases your license plate number to the police over the weekend and they get to you first and lay a hit and run or failure to remain which has been authorized by the loss prevention manager at LOWES.

Your future is in your hands.

Credit goes to Eurostyle at Maxbimmer for the post
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2013, 11:56 PM   #2
Titanium3er
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 335i, '03 Kawa Z1000

Garage List
I guess the answer is you start taking out your suppressed rage on a (relatively) innocent stranger.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2013, 12:01 AM   #3
Game
------
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G87 M2 (sold)

Sell your wife.
      05-26-2013, 12:02 AM   #4
Kalidian
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AW '09 E90 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickvacc View Post
I guess the answer is you start taking out your suppressed rage on a (relatively) innocent stranger.
Not innocent at all. I hope that douche who damaged his van gets it.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2013, 12:07 AM   #5
Titanium3er
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 335i, '03 Kawa Z1000

Garage List
I think his wife should get it. Sounds like he doesn't have the cojones though. A five series is a pretty family friendly car to begin with. What is the argument to get a Kia?
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2013, 01:05 AM   #6
mcpcolas
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 montego blue 335i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickvacc
I think his wife should get it. Sounds like he doesn't have the cojones though. A five series is a pretty family friendly car to begin with. What is the argument to get a Kia?
The argument is, the Kia is a Van . More than 3 kids + the family dog
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2013, 01:12 AM   #7
williamf
Audi Convert
United_States
Rep
Drives: Past: 335i Now: TTRS stage 2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcpcolas View Post
The argument is, the Kia is a Van . More than 3 kids + the family dog
Thats why God invented 2 car garages! One car for her (Mini-Van), one car for you and her (insert preference here).
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2013, 03:18 AM   #8
E902009
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 328i

All joking aside, marriage is about compromises, and it even comes down to the vehicles you own. Some steps are obvious: you shouldn't own a Corvette when you have two kids that aren't out of the child seats yet, unless you have another car that can take them, their seats, and their endless piles of crap. Regardless of who drives it, there needs to be at least one vehicle that can take everyone in the family on a road trip, or run daily errands.

When I got my car, my wife's only requests are: have four doors, can fit two child seats (if need be), and can fit our stroller in the trunk. These are not unreasonable requirements, as I would have made these guidelines myself before I started looking.

The wife doesn't really tell me what to do or dictate what I drive, but I'm sane enough to make the right decisions. Guys who get married and still need adult supervision will never end up being happily married. I often wonder why they lock themselves into a trap like that.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2013, 04:20 AM   #9
adriang
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW X2

Haha I live at dufferin and mack! Lol stories are so much better when they are close to home
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2013, 04:34 AM   #10
Navlex67
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: "08 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by E902009
All joking aside, marriage is about compromises, and it even comes down to the vehicles you own. Some steps are obvious: you shouldn't own a Corvette when you have two kids that aren't out of the child seats yet, unless you have another car that can take them, their seats, and their endless piles of crap. Regardless of who drives it, there needs to be at least one vehicle that can take everyone in the family on a road trip, or run daily errands.

When I got my car, my wife's only requests are: have four doors, can fit two child seats (if need be), and can fit our stroller in the trunk. These are not unreasonable requirements, as I would have made these guidelines myself before I started looking.

The wife doesn't really tell me what to do or dictate what I drive, but I'm sane enough to make the right decisions. Guys who get married and still need adult supervision will never end up being happily married. I often wonder why they lock themselves into a trap like that.
👍👍👍👍👍 well put 👏👏👏
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2013, 07:12 AM   #11
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i cpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by E902009 View Post

I never understood the wife "makes you sell your" car. Are you a man with your own income? Because truth be told, it costs a lot of money to raise a child. 15k for the first year of having a baby is an ok estimate, some will be less, some will be more. That's the easy part.

If you want your child to go to college, assuming a 5% return, 1.5% inflation, $8,500 per year needs to be saved. 1.5% inflation is historically low, so that's a low number that will likely be bumped up to 13k in the near future.

How is "selling a BMW" going to even put any dent into the above? A wife who says that, should go back to night school and take some finance classes.

What a wife should be telling a husband is that with a family, his 150k salary ain't gonna cut it, go out and get a better job.

If the wife is the breadwinner, and the husband is a stay at home dad (I never understood that but that's me), then all bets are off, sell the BMW and do as you're told.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2013, 08:09 AM   #12
3s4u2
Beamer Mantic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i Prem

What the heck is wrong with the X5 sport 7 passenger, that's a compromise!!!
I have a great family, but I fought for the things that makes life exciting on this great earth...

"pretty reasonable guy", simply not enough money or he's wife whipping, this guy is pissed at himself and he's going to take it out on everyone including his wife!
2014 X5 50i M-Pkg
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2013, 08:23 AM   #13
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i cpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3s4u2 View Post
What the heck is wrong with the X5 sport 7 passenger, that's a compromise!!!
I have a great family, but I fought for the things that makes life exciting on this great earth...

"pretty reasonable guy", simply not enough money or he's wife whipping, this guy is pissed at himself and he's going to take it out on everyone including his wife!
I could understand that when you have a family, you don't go out and spend more. You already know you've got $1200 in day care per month, $1200 in college savings fund per month, plus the regular expenses. That's $2400 a month right there--I know people whose mortgages are barely more than that. And that's 1 child. What if you have 2? That's 5k per month.

So if a wife says, don't buy a new car, we need to save, that makes sense. But to say, sell your car, that makes no sense. As a consumer, we lose when we buy, we lose when we sell, a car.

The thing that I see on this forum very rarely is the judgement that says to keep driving what you have until the wheels fall off. Because I get it, that's so boring. But money does not grow on trees, it never has.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2013, 08:24 AM   #14
Mardio
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5

Agree with a compromise...
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2013, 08:30 AM   #15
Das_Stig
I don't drink water. Fish fuck in it.
Rep
Drives: e90 335xi
Location: Some say he naturally faces magnetic north, and that all of his legs are hydraulic...

seem to see a trend with people who own ford escapes being complete inconsiderate a//holes

oem blacklines, m3 rep front. waiting for install oem m3 sides... coming soon. csl trunk mtech rear and more.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2013, 08:41 AM   #16
Jettgee
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game View Post
Sell your wife.
Right!
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2013, 08:41 AM   #17
Sam335ix
Major
Rep
Drives: 335 ix performance edition

If your wife forced you to sell the car you love then it's time for a divorce. She needs a practical car for the family? Her ass needs to buy one and drive the mini van.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2013, 08:59 AM   #18
DUI Elite
///M at Heart
Rep
Drives: 06 SGM E90, 15 BSM E84

I applaud the diplomatic way this guy wants to go after him.

I would probably be in a few month long depression if I was forced to go from anything Audi/BMW to a minivan. But then again, could use it as a bargaining chip later.

#howmid-lifecrisis'aremade

| 3-IM | AA Headers | Eurocharged Stage-3 | BMW PI |
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2013, 09:00 AM   #19
SHEEDI
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i - Sport PKG

Garage List
2009 BMW 335i  [8.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by E902009 View Post

+1 well said
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2013, 09:01 AM   #20
SHEEDI
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i - Sport PKG

Garage List
2009 BMW 335i  [8.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam335ix View Post
If your wife forced you to sell the car you love then it's time for a divorce. She needs a practical car for the family? Her ass needs to buy one and drive the mini van.
Selfish Comments
My dear friend; Family comes first if you are married
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2013, 09:07 AM   #21
ken1137
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW S1000XR

Garage List
2009 e90 335i  [6.40]
Some people are dicks plain and simple. Hope he gets what coming to him.

My compromise...I had to sell my 135 b/c of the wife. She hated it...too loud, too much torque, too low, and tinted windows. So, i bought another BMW and I'll buy another one if she complains again I've had 6 cars in the last 8 yrs so I think she has finally learned her lesson, but I have been leaving pics of the F10 M5 all over the house just in case

BMWCCA member
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2013, 09:17 AM   #22
3s4u2
Beamer Mantic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i Prem

Quote:
Originally Posted by John 070 View Post
I could understand that when you have a family, you don't go out and spend more. You already know you've got $1200 in day care per month, $1200 in college savings fund per month, plus the regular expenses. That's $2400 a month right there--I know people whose mortgages are barely more than that. And that's 1 child. What if you have 2? That's 5k per month.

So if a wife says, don't buy a new car, we need to save, that makes sense. But to say, sell your car, that makes no sense. As a consumer, we lose when we buy, we lose when we sell, a car.

The thing that I see on this forum very rarely is the judgement that says to keep driving what you have until the wheels fall off. Because I get it, that's so boring. But money does not grow on trees, it never has.

I am fortunate to be able struggle through three of my children in collage with no loans and a wife that still loves her well cared for 06 325i with over 206,000 mile on it.

There are demands or compromise, then there is depression or feeling good about your decision made within your family. I personally like the felling good part!
2014 X5 50i M-Pkg
Appreciate 0