E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > The $350 dollar coilover thread

02-15-2013, 08:52 PM   #89
R.G.
Captain
Rep
Drives: Isetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post
Here's where I have a beef with the whole premise.

A full set of decent sport springs cost ~$200. A full set of decent direct replacement dampers cost ~$400. To me, a reasonable expectation for a height adjustable only "coil-over" should, at the bare minimum, cost around $600 for any manufacturer to have a reasonable expectation to make a very slim profit. So logically speaking, a $350 SET of coil-overs that has any reasonable expectations of being even remotely "quality?" Either said manufacturer is selling the parts at a loss, or some, in fact, A LOT of corners are cut.
Two words Hack

"Global Economy"

I use a product that is made by Foxcon that costs the manufacturer pennies that is much more complicated then any set of coilovers.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2013, 10:24 PM   #90
unrealii
Captain
Rep
Drives: '09 335 E93 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.G. View Post
I use a product that is made by Foxcon that costs the manufacturer pennies that is much more complicated then any set of coilovers.
It won't kill you when it fails ... or will it...

Appreciate 0
      02-15-2013, 11:20 PM   #91
R.G.
Captain
Rep
Drives: Isetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by unrealii
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.G. View Post
It won't kill you when it fails ... or will it...

No not of it fails, but they do kill about 6,000 people a year behind the wheel.
      02-16-2013, 01:32 PM   #92
project335i
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: Wide Load

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSRe92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarty Fruit View Post
Project335i is a straight balla. Always feels the need to shit on everyone else's car and posts.

I guess owning a entry level luxury sedan with some nice wheels has made your head swell up three times its normal size. I see ya bruh no surprise you are from mississauga damn fobs.
true in all counts
You got something to say dude. I have owned many luxury cars and I ain't no fob kid as this racists member put it. I'm the exact same as when I owned my Lexus, and other BMWs.

You should be a shamed of yourself to agree to a racist remark as this.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2013, 02:24 PM   #93
inline6ix
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Deep Green E90 325i

Garage List
It's pretty fun watching everyone beat eachother up over a thread about cheap coilovers. When I owned my E39, people complained about people putting the same (JOM) coilovers for $350 on their cars, saying that they'll break and handle like crap, but the couple of people that did buy them never had any problems.

With that being said, I'm willing to bet that these are pretty good for having stock, non sport like handling and lowered looks with a ride that'll probably be more rough.

02-16-2013, 07:48 PM   #94
mauibuilt_328
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 328i e92

Garage List
2011 BMW 328i  [10.00]
not sure if i missed it reading through this thread, but when are you installing these bad boys
      02-16-2013, 11:23 PM   #95
gzim335
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 m3

Garage List
2007/1 e90 335i  [2.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by project335i
Quote:
Quote:
Project335i is a straight balla. Always feels the need to shit on everyone else's car and posts.

I guess owning a entry level luxury sedan with some nice wheels has made your head swell up three times its normal size. I see ya bruh no surprise you are from mississauga damn fobs.
true in all counts
You got something to say dude. I have owned many luxury cars and I ain't no fob kid as this racists member put it. I'm the exact same as when I owned my Lexus, and other BMWs.

yea but you shitting on everyone's thread isnt very nice either
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2013, 01:23 PM   #96
project335i
Banned
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzim335
Quote:
Originally Posted by project335i
Quote:
Quote:

true in all counts

yea but you shitting on everyone's thread isnt very nice either
I hardly shit on people's thread bud. I just tell them what they actually need

Nothing like that compares to throwing around racial slurs
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2013, 04:15 PM   #97
SirHoward
Captain
Rep
Drives: Da Car I Wanted

This is to to funny! Everybody that's beating OP up over this NEVER had "JOM Coilovers". But just because it's $350. These are the same people that have bought, or will buy a pair of Michael Jordan shoes for $160+ & it only cost MJ $7 to make, go figure..
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2013, 04:35 PM   #98
WesleyC
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirHoward View Post
This is to to funny! Everybody that's beating OP up over this NEVER had "JOM Coilovers". But just because it's $350. These are the same people that have bought, or will buy a pair of Michael Jordan shoes for $160+ & it only cost MJ $7 to make, go figure..
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2013, 10:09 AM   #99
project335i
Banned
Canada
Rep

Just thought I would share my experiance, I went for a ride in a car that just had these JOM coilovers installed. I like stiff and always have stiffer suspension then most beacause of aggressive wheels that I run but wow these things feel like you riding on a board and my lord are the bouncy as hell. He could not even get his coffee and take a sip without spilling it everywhere worst ride I have had in a lowered car and I have been a ton over the years
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2013, 12:20 PM   #100
jjellyneck
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by project335i View Post
Just thought I would share my experiance, I went for a ride in a car that just had these JOM coilovers installed. I like stiff and always have stiffer suspension then most beacause of aggressive wheels that I run but wow these things feel like you riding on a board and my lord are the bouncy as hell. He could not even get his coffee and take a sip without spilling it everywhere worst ride I have had in a lowered car and I have been a ton over the years
Yes, the coffee sipping test. Coffee soiled my trousers when it spilled while hitting a pothole (enroute to a party) and the people at my destination merely thought I must have been on an exciting drive.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2013, 12:24 PM   #101
project335i
Banned
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjellyneck View Post
Yes, the coffee sipping test. Coffee soiled my trousers when it spilled while hitting a pothole (enroute to a party) and the people at my destination merely thought I must have been on an exciting drive.
Lol it was like being on a really old shitty roller coaster but even that might be a bit better then the ride of these coils...
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2013, 12:37 PM   #102
pits200
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 335i X-Drive Black Sapphire

When some people have 1 coil that is worth more than an entire set of coilovers, that's when you need to rethink your purchase.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2013, 12:49 PM   #103
///M3NACE
Banned
Rep
Drives: E36 M3, E36 Vert , E90 N52

[QUOTE= Originally Posted by Tarty Fruit View Post

I guess owning a entry level luxury sedan with some nice wheels has made your head swell up three times its normal size. I see ya bruh no surprise you are from mississauga damn fobs.[/QUOTE]

This is the internet he has the right to his opinion. On another note your racist comments are childish and ignorant. Come to Ontario and see how how many stitches in your anus you'll get.

Jai hind.

This guy still risking his life for these POS coilovers.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2013, 01:41 PM   #104
GreekboyD
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 335d

Garage List
2009 BMW 335d  [8.00]
Quote:
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2013, 02:13 PM   #105
idrift4wd
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Three Hundred and Thirty Five

Garage List
2007 BMW  [7.00]
Quote:
Thanks ill take a note on that. Im totally down for other e90post members to take a ride with me and see what they think. I would love pics and for the owner to post in this thread on his view and opinions before i validate yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihsanshaik View Post
This is the internet he has the right to his opinion. On another note your racist comments are childish and ignorant. Come to Ontario and see how how many stitches in your anus you'll get.

Jai hind.

risking my life?? how so? please explain to me how i will die, specifically.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2013, 02:41 PM   #106
BklynTico506
Pura Vida
Costa Rica
Rep
Drives: Monaco Blau '08 E90 Xi

(In my best Liam Neeson) Good Luck.

Im really curious to see how this is going to pan out.
Someone made a point of MJ kicks being made for $7 and sold for $200+,
So theres no reason that a set of coilovers couldnt be manufactured just as cheaply, yet function like its more expensive counterpart.

BUT, at the same time... Just like someone else said, I've never even seen functional coilovers that cheap when I was in the Honda game. So that does make me question them a bit.

But im definitely in here for updates on how this goes...
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2013, 03:26 PM   #107
project335i
Banned
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrift4wd
Quote:
Thanks ill take a note on that. Im totally down for other e90post members to take a ride with me and see what they think. I would love pics and for the owner to post in this thread on his view and opinions before i validate yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihsanshaik View Post

Jai hind.

risking my life?? how so? please explain to me how i will die, specifically.
Dude I don't know why you take everything to heart I am just simply stating how the experience was riding with these installed in a friends car. If you read what I wrote then you would see they were installed in a 2000 golf that one of the lot kids at the dealership I work at drives as well . The next day another one of the lot kids that owns a 95 golf went out and got them. Both equally road as bad and both felt like riding on a board. After talking to them I get that these are used in the vw scene alot just to get the stance but even they stated they ride fucking horrible. So you don't need to believe me and there obviously not going to post on here considering they both drive golfs. But go in vortech or whatever forum that vw guys regularly use ad they all love them cause there cheap and they go low.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2013, 03:50 PM   #108
tigermack
OPN DIFF
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 10' E90 M3 6MT LB

Garage List
2010 M3  [0.00]
1995 BMW e36 325i  [7.91]
2006 BMW e90 330i  [8.34]
What did I just read...

Autocross vids https://www.youtube.com/user/tigermack
https://www.instagram.com/tigermack
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2013, 04:51 PM   #109
idrift4wd
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Three Hundred and Thirty Five

Garage List
2007 BMW  [7.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Dude I don't know why you take everything to heart I am just simply stating how the experience was riding with these installed in a friends car. If you read what I wrote then you would see they were installed in a 2000 golf that one of the lots kids at the dealership I work at drives as well as the next day another one of the lot kids that owns a 95 gold went out and got them as well. Both equally road as bad and both felt like riding on a board. After talking to them I get that these are used in the vw scene alot just to get the stance but even they stated they ride fucking horrible. So you don't need to believe me and there obviously not going to post on here considering they both drive golfs. But go in vortech or whatever forum that vw guys regularly use ad they all love them cause there cheap and they go low.
not taking to heart at all I must have missed the part where you said it was a golf.

im just saying for verification, i have no problem giving an e90post member a ride if they are interested. Im hoping these dont ride like that lol i just hope the springs matched up with these dampers arent to rough, bouncy ride would be annoying of course. Im guessing the rebound on the dampers wouldnt be to great for daily but we will see.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2013, 05:13 PM   #110
project335i
Banned
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrift4wd
Quote:
Quote:
Dude I don't know why you take everything to heart I am just simply stating how the experience was riding with these installed in a friends car. If you read what I wrote then you would see they were installed in a 2000 golf that one of the lots kids at the dealership I work at drives as well as the next day another one of the lot kids that owns a 95 gold went out and got them as well. Both equally road as bad and both felt like riding on a board. After talking to them I get that these are used in the vw scene alot just to get the stance but even they stated they ride fucking horrible. So you don't need to believe me and there obviously not going to post on here considering they both drive golfs. But go in vortech or whatever forum that vw guys regularly use ad they all love them cause there cheap and they go low.
not taking to heart at all I must have missed the part where you said it was a golf.

im just saying for verification, i have no problem giving an e90post member a ride if they are interested. Im hoping these dont ride like that lol i just hope the springs matched up with these dampers arent to rough, bouncy ride would be annoying of course. Im guessing the rebound on the dampers wouldnt be to great for daily but we will see.
Oh no worries dude for the price your lucky if they are built solid and don't break definitely can't expect good ride quality. I just hope for how much more solid are cars are the ride isn't that awful and atleast somewhat bearable. Good luck dude
Appreciate 0