E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > Tri-State Stealership Experiences

05-01-2012, 10:33 PM   #89
mikekilpatrick
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW F10 550 Xdrive Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzy89 View Post
did you have any mods on?? since i have the cobb i'm not worried about that, i can just reflash it back to the stock map. the only "obvious" mods will be the fmic & the occ

regardkessm after the service plan expires there are plenty of places i'll be able to pick from to maintain the car -- rogue engineering, ak motorsports, autocouture, vac, etc
Just minimal for obvious mods. All the lighting in the car was upgraded to LEDs. Switched out the halogen Headlights for HID lights with error correctors inside casing. Remote radar detector and some others. They did not seem to have issues with them.

...Mike
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2012, 09:51 AM   #90
mave198
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

Always happy with JMK. No problems here.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2012, 10:26 AM   #91
benzy89
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [7.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mave198 View Post
Always happy with JMK. No problems here.
Do you have any mods installed when you go there?? JMK is a little closer to my house then Mt. Laurel
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2012, 05:26 AM   #92
sickem
Freude am fahren
Rep
Drives: E90 N54

Garage List
Just FYI...took my car in last wk to bridgewater BMW for some minor things with catless downpipes, DP fix installed, and my dci all installed (took my procede out of course) and nobody made a peep. Was just maintenance stuff, but thought u might be interested in that info.
      05-18-2012, 08:19 AM   #93
benzy89
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [7.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickem View Post
Just FYI...took my car in last wk to bridgewater BMW for some minor things with catless downpipes, DP fix installed, and my dci all installed (took my procede out of course) and nobody made a peep. Was just maintenance stuff, but thought u might be interested in that info.
You close w/ anyone there or just a customer?? Regardless, this is EXACTLY what I've been looking for. Morristown BMW seems like they're "by the book" kinda people so I'm real glad that there's somewhere nearby that I could it in for an oil change, + not have to worry about taking everything off OR getting an earful from the service rep.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2012, 09:49 AM   #94
sickem
Freude am fahren
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
You close w/ anyone there or just a customer?? Regardless, this is EXACTLY what I've been looking for. Morristown BMW seems like they're "by the book" kinda people so I'm real glad that there's somewhere nearby that I could it in for an oil change, + not have to worry about taking everything off OR getting an earful from the service rep.
I'm just a customer. I bought my 335 from them back last june when they were still hunterdon bmw but hadn't brought the car in since. Morristown gave me a hard time when I brought my car in throwing an electrical code with the cheap shitty AE bulbs I had bought from BMS. They wouldn't touch them, which I don't really blame them to be honest. (Now with LUX 5.1 I haven't had an issue...) Morristown has babes at the service counter though!
      05-18-2012, 10:23 AM   #95
benzy89
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [7.50]
Quote:
Morristown has babes at the service counter though!
+1 tell me something I haven't noticed
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2012, 11:25 AM   #96
mave198
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Do you have any mods installed when you go there?? JMK is a little closer to my house then Mt. Laurel
Had downpipes on when I had the last on my maintanence done last year and no problems.

No warranty work needed since I put dp's in. Don't count the injectors or HPFP since it was done on a recall, and nope no problems.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2012, 11:26 AM   #97
hemi to e90
dat boost doe
Poland
Rep
Drives: 10 335i 21 740li

Quote:
Originally Posted by mave198 View Post
Had downpipes on when I had the last on my maintanence done last year and no problems.

No warranty work needed since I put dp's in. Don't count the injectors or HPFP since it was done on a recall, and nope no problems.
they did hpfp when u had ur downpipes on?

thats good to know.
      05-18-2012, 11:31 AM   #98
mave198
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemi to e90 View Post
they did hpfp when u had ur downpipes on?

thats good to know.
Yeah, but like I said it was a recall job, not a warranty claim. So they had to do it regardless....

Been tempted to ask a SA (always get a different one when I go) but held back. A cool looking SA can always turn into a prick..
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2012, 11:38 AM   #99
hemi to e90
dat boost doe
Poland
Rep
Drives: 10 335i 21 740li

ehhh i got a buddy in edison that helps me out, but i dont wanna push it cause hes a friend
      05-18-2012, 06:57 PM   #100
jasonX
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 13 335is 6MT

My Experience coming from a Supercharged Acura and Modded 335i

Stick with the same Service Adviser all the time
Occasionally, provide them some non-monetary items such as meals. If I were to have my car serviced in the morning, I'll buy those boxofjoes from DunkinDonuts and 2 dozen donuts. If I have an appointment around lunchtime, 2 pizza's and a 2 liter of Pepsi will do you well.

My old Acura I had close to 10k+ worth of servicing done with all mods (boltons, suspension + Aftermarket Supercharger) and had my turbos replaced on my first 335xi. Only cost me 20-30 bucks for food.

Former:
2009 335i e92 6MT , 2008 335xi e92 6MT
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2012, 07:39 PM   #101
benzy89
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [7.50]
I mean I only have that maintenance plan til September, so luckily I'm not super worried about it -- I'm just thinking if they'd be difficult when I go to get an oil change, tires rotated or need brake pads put on. Once it ends there are PLENTY of top notch shops in NJ that do quality maintenance/aftermarket work on BMWs: ACM, Rogue, AKM
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2012, 10:35 PM   #102
Greekstyle
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 22' X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemi to e90 View Post
i wouldnt make that assumption, and would rather hear from a member thats been helped by them.

Took my 07 E92 in to dealership last week for waste gates. They confirmed the rattling and agreed to replace it under extended warranty from settlement. Tech took it for a ride with me to confirm it was wastegates. I get car back and they are telling me it is now misfiring and idling rough. Injectors, spark plugs, and low pressure fuel sensor are malfunctioning and need replacement. $3,000 is what they are asking for. Bunch of no good scam artists. They messed up my car. I had no such issues prior to dropping it off for waste gate fix.How could all these parts go bad when the car was off and on a lift the whole time? Contacted BMWNA about this before I storm back in to dealership and end up making the local news.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2012, 06:02 AM   #103
sickem
Freude am fahren
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greekstyle View Post
Took my 07 E92 in to dealership last week for waste gates. They confirmed the rattling and agreed to replace it under extended warranty from settlement. Tech took it for a ride with me to confirm it was wastegates. I get car back and they are telling me it is now misfiring and idling rough. Injectors, spark plugs, and low pressure fuel sensor are malfunctioning and need replacement. $3,000 is what they are asking for. Bunch of no good scam artists. They messed up my car. I had no such issues prior to dropping it off for waste gate fix.How could all these parts go bad when the car was off and on a lift the whole time? Contacted BMWNA about this before I storm back in to dealership and end up making the local news.
Seems awfully sudden...but have you had the intake valves cleaned?
      06-05-2012, 06:57 AM   #104
Bimmer100_
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 23 G80 M3 6SPD

Garage List
Quote:
Which dealership was this?
      06-05-2012, 08:58 AM   #105
benzy89
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [7.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwsteg View Post
Quote:
+1, seriously -- avoiding this place like the plague
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2012, 12:38 PM   #106
Greekstyle
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 22' X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwsteg View Post
This was at Rallye in Westbury Long Island. I never had issues in the past but this was unneccessary and and insult to my intelligence. I e-mailed SA and she said that she will have a meeting with the "foreman" as to why they feel these repairs are neccessary. I don't really care why they are neccessary....I should not have to pay for them. No way in hell were any of these components even slightly acting up prior to taking it in. BMWNA is looking into this as well. Hopefully mentioning BBB or legal action will make them fess up and do whats right....which is repair at no charge
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2012, 01:37 PM   #107
psmitty95
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 M340i xDrive

My car's at BMW of Greenwich right now for it's last service before warranty ends and so far everything's gone fine. I gave them a list of things to check and replace if they wouldn't mind. Some things were necessary like brakes since mine were screeching and fixing my misfires/long cranks. I dropped it off yesterday and they've changed the oil and replaced my front brake pads and rotors. I took the JB4 out but left the intake, LED interior lights, Radar, and all my other mods still on. Haven't had any problems yet. I'm waiting to hear back from them about the other things on my list which i doubt they'll do. I requested all new plugs, coil packs, injectors, replacing the water pump with the new continental one, flushing all fluids, and lastly looking at the turbos and the wastegates to see how they're holding up.
More Pictures: Build Thread /// 683AWHP/675AWTQ
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2012, 03:37 PM   #108
sickem
Freude am fahren
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by psmitty95 View Post
I requested all new plugs, coil packs, injectors, replacing the water pump with the new continental one, flushing all fluids, and lastly looking at the turbos and the wastegates to see how they're holding up.
I'm sure they're laughing at that wish list! GL I hope they do it for you!
      06-05-2012, 03:53 PM   #109
psmitty95
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 M340i xDrive

Quote:
I'm sure they're laughing at that wish list! GL I hope they do it for you!
Hahah i would laugh too... I even wrote that i don't expect most of the things to happen although who knows maybe they'll be in a good mood. I'm glad they haven't even said anything about the mods on the car though and they've already fixed my two main concerns
More Pictures: Build Thread /// 683AWHP/675AWTQ
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2012, 05:31 PM   #110
sickem
Freude am fahren
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by psmitty95 View Post
Hahah i would laugh too... I even wrote that i don't expect most of the things to happen although who knows maybe they'll be in a good mood. I'm glad they haven't even said anything about the mods on the car though and they've already fixed my two main concerns
But hey, if you don't ask you don't receive! Yeah I went in to have my vanos solenoids replaced with dci and catless dps and they didn't make a peep. My guess is that they only start asking questions if you try to get major engine work covered...