E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > VK Motorwerks and American/China Made...so what

Closed Thread

09-24-2009, 04:13 PM   #111
bubbletea 4 me
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Finally here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZTUNER View Post
Are you guys serious ? Why are you shitting on a guy for offering cheap parts. If you think they are junk buy elsewhere. Leave the guy alone. Just because a vendor has a german or american sounding name does not imply that the products they sell are made in that country. Heck even your precious 335i is made in freeking south africa.

Harry

+1
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2009, 04:21 PM   #112
vbmw335
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZTUNER View Post
You are from Australia right ? Do you really want people to focus on the human rights situation in Australia ? Look in your own house before you open your mouth.

http://www.globalissues.org/article/...d-human-rights

Australia itself is a fairly racist country.

Harry
+100...I have read many articles recently about these abuses, Not saying it doesnt happen here in the US. But its just not the third world, if the developed nations cannot behave ..how do you expect change ?
BMW X5 4.8 is
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2009, 04:28 PM   #113
vbmw335
Second Lieutenant
Rep

AR ...Honestly man if you cannot compete ...just shut your shop and find something else to do...If you can compete...stay here and offer quality products and speak about the benefits of your products and stop ranting about other vendors.

Go and buy this book " world is flat" its a good read for people like you who live in a cave...and fail to realize that you live in a global world. Dont give us this save american worker BS....we all have imported cars in the first place and funnel money into the german economy for the most part.

I havent seen another vendor like you who is resorting to these shameless tactics...

If it wasnt for VK ...you wouldnt have dropped the prices...now come down to 300 bucks ..or you know what...
BMW X5 4.8 is
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2009, 04:36 PM   #114
lpphreakx06
Professional Moose Racer
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: SG 335i E92 RIP + 2015 SS M3

o snap

BMW Dream Team PNW Chapter, member #1
|HP Autowerks | AR DESIGN | BMW PERFORMANCE | STOP TECH | Volk Racing| AMS | ARKYM
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2009, 04:48 PM   #115
cu_north
Seasoned Lurker
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 335i Black/Black

"The World is Flat" is definitely a good read. Helped me understand that we should all be a bit more accommodating.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2009, 04:49 PM   #116
AlpineG05
hi
Rep
Drives: Alpine White G05

Wow this thread is getting crazy
      09-24-2009, 04:55 PM   #117
ar design
United_States
Rep
Drives: 04 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbmw335 View Post
AR ...Honestly man if you cannot compete ...just shut your shop and find something else to do...If you can compete...stay here and offer quality products and speak about the benefits of your products and stop ranting about other vendors.

Go and buy this book " world is flat" its a good read for people like you who live in a cave...and fail to realize that you live in a global world. Dont give us this save american worker BS....we all have imported cars in the first place and funnel money into the german economy for the most part.

I havent seen another vendor like you who is resorting to these shameless tactics...

If it wasnt for VK ...you wouldnt have dropped the prices...now come down to 300 bucks ..or you know what...
LOL, we always have been $699. Our MSRP has never changed.

If you consider calling someone out on 100% bogus claims being "shameless", I dont know what to tell you. Guess we will have to agree to disagree and leave it at that.
      09-24-2009, 05:06 PM   #118
BMdblU
Brigadier General
Zimbabwe
Rep
Drives: F80

All this 'mine is better then yours' is so childish, and quite pathetic if you ask me. AR, you have to have a quote in your sig to help justify price to yourself and customers? Let your products speak for themselves, you're business tact is poor to say the least. No need to chop the other trees down to make yourself taller.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2009, 05:13 PM   #119
john boxter
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 e93

to be far he has not really chopped anybody down all he is asking is people to back up what they say i have yet to see a post saying "you are dumb" or anything like that he is very politely asking him to back things up is that so bad? i am glad vince came out with these new pipes helps the prices drop i to wanna see facts though what you guys think
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2009, 05:20 PM   #120
Kensta335
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by john boxter View Post
to be far he has not really chopped anybody down all he is asking is people to back up what they say i have yet to see a post saying "you are dumb" or anything like that he is very politely asking him to back things up is that so bad? i am glad vince came out with these new pipes helps the prices drop i to wanna see facts though what you guys think
Whoa, super run-on sentence brah.

I'll agree that AR isn't doing anything wrong but he is definitely losing respect from alot of the members on here.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2009, 05:24 PM   #121
john boxter
Captain
United_States
Rep

ye that is true
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2009, 05:53 PM   #122
ar design
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensta335 View Post
Whoa, super run-on sentence brah.

I'll agree that AR isn't doing anything wrong but he is definitely losing respect from alot of the members on here.
A bit perplexed how one can lose respect by asking another person to back up what they claim? I can't quite get my head around the fanbois on here claiming I am cutting someone down and attacking them by asking them to back up claims that have been posted on a public forum. You don't see me calling anyone "stupid" etc anywhere.
      09-24-2009, 05:57 PM   #123
john boxter
Captain
United_States
Rep

hey im with ya i wanna see his data im truly curious as to which one is best?
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2009, 06:01 PM   #124
JesusFrEAk
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by john boxter View Post
+1000

Ya it's great that Vince can offer another downpiper to the community at an aggressive price but I don't thin there's anything wrong with asking someone to prove how their product is pretty much identical to a more expensive one at half the price.

Bottom line, I and I'm sure others don't want to blindly buy a product that claims to be equal in quality a half the price but yet fails to provide the data to prove it. If it would affect AR's business so much to reveal that then it doesn't make sense for Andrew to be asking Vince to back up his claims.

In the end I will probably buy some, if not all, of Vinces products but I'm no completely sold on the fact that Vince says quality is the same.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2009, 06:08 PM   #125
vbmw335
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar design View Post
A bit perplexed how one can lose respect by asking another person to back up what they claim? I can't quite get my head around the fanbois on here claiming I am cutting someone down and attacking them by asking them to back up claims that have been posted on a public forum. You don't see me calling anyone "stupid" etc anywhere.
AR , why should Vince prove anything to you?? You are not his customer, you are a competetior. He already said ...if there are issues these are warrantied for life. Its between him and his customers, he has been on this forums longer than you have...has been standup guy on all my transactions...that's why i am backing him up. No manufacaturer has the liability to prove anything to another manufacturer. BMW doesnt have to prove to Infiniti...they sell on their own merits. I hope you are sharp enough to understand this basic business tact. The customers are all that matters.

When i had Dinan rip me off for a stupid OC charging 3k ...Vince sold me one for 600 bucks ...to this day its working excellent and i track the car...no limp modes nothing. Same thing when IC's where 1500..i wanted a direct fit...it goes on.

Just end this there and stop asking proof , data and other useless info...Just compete ...or just die. Simple as that.

Whether he provides data and answers to your questions are not ...he has already sold 70+ DP's and stop disrespecting and second guessing collective intelligence of all these people who purchased on their own will.

The longer you stay on here with your rant ...the more respect you lose...save yourself.

And yes ..the fact that he has a fan following ...must tell you something about his products.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2009, 06:10 PM   #126
JesusFrEAk
First Lieutenant
Rep

If anything I see it as an attack from Vince on AR. Basically making it seem like AR is trying to pocket more money. Although that may very well be the case it doesn't change the fact that if Vince claims they are basically identical then let's see some data and this thread can be over.

In my minds eye it's almost like Vince is saying "Hey AR I have a downpipe that is of equal quality at a better price and everyone knows it and I don't have to prove it's better."

that would be ok if he provided data comparing the two downpipes. If this was the case there would be no doubt that Vinces downpipes are a better bet cuz of identical quality, lifetime warrant and half the price of competition.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2009, 06:13 PM   #127
JesusFrEAk
First Lieutenant
Rep

vbmw335 you don't want to really get down to who's product is the best???

I know I do. In the end it doesn't matter cuz people will still buy VK downpipes because they are a great product at a ridiculously cheap price.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2009, 06:14 PM   #128
ar design
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbmw335 View Post
AR , why should Vince prove anything to you?? You are not his customer, you are a competetior. He already said ...if there are issues these are warrantied for life. Its between him and his customers, he has been on this forums longer than you have...has been standup guy on all my transactions...that's why i am backing him up.

When i had Dinan rip me off for a stupid OC charging 3k ...Vince sold me one for 600 bucks ...to this day its working excellent and i track the car...no limp modes nothing. Same thing when IC's where 1500..i wanted a direct fit...it goes on.

Just end this there and stop asking proof , data and other useless info...Just compete ...or just die. Simple as that.

Whether he provides data and answers to your questions are not ...he has already sold 70+ DP's and stop disrespecting and second guessing collective intelligence of all these people who purchased on their own will.

The longer you stay on here with your rant ...the more respect you lose...save yourself.

And yes ..the fact that he has a fan following ...must tell you something about his products.
He certainly doesn't have to. But not backing claims made on a public board certainly looks pretty weaksauce.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusFrEAk View Post
If anything I see it as an attack from Vince on AR. Basically making it seem like AR is trying to pocket more money. Although that may very well be the case it doesn't change the fact that if Vince claims they are basically identical then let's see some data and this thread can be over.

In my minds eye it's almost like Vince is saying "Hey AR I have a downpipe that is of equal quality at a better price and everyone knows it and I don't have to prove it's better."

that would be ok if he provided data comparing the two downpipes. If this was the case there would be no doubt that Vinces downpipes are a better bet cuz of identical quality, lifetime warrant and half the price of competition.
Wow. Someone gets it. The accusations and libel in this thread have been directed at ME - not Vince. We are constantly accused of ripping people off, and overcharging. I am here to tell you otherwise. Bottom line. So if anyone needs to stop the "shameless tactics", its not me.
      09-24-2009, 06:17 PM   #129
ar design
United_States
Rep

Pics as requested earlier. Taken on our fab bench, before final prep for shipment, so ignore the dust/fingerprints please
Attached Images

09-24-2009, 06:19 PM   #130
vbmw335
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusFrEAk View Post
vbmw335 you don't want to really get down to who's product is the best???

I know I do. In the end it doesn't matter cuz people will still buy VK downpipes because they are a great product at a ridiculously cheap price.
Best is a subjective term..in this case you will not know the answer. Its the risk you are willing to take...whatever works for you is the best. Some are price sensitive , some think more $$ means better quality , some just go based on past experience with the vendor and CS.

I dont think Vince is going and saying his is better than AR , ...but AR is the one saying his is better than VK's .

I honestly think ..there is not much difference in such a low tech component. But that's my take. I dont need an overengineered DP, need something to serve my purpose.
BMW X5 4.8 is
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2009, 06:21 PM   #131
Kensta335
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar design View Post
I don't know. I guess it's the way you are handling the situation.

I don't own any DP's or plan on buying any. I'm just here to observe and join in all the fun.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2009, 06:22 PM   #132
ar design
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensta335 View Post
I don't know. I guess it's the way you are handling the situation.

I don't own any DP's or plan on buying any. I'm just here to observe and join in all the fun.
I am always open to suggestions, if you have any specific ones, feel free to PM me!