E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > Competition BMW

05-26-2011, 12:02 AM   #1
maristgrad09
Major
Rep
Drives: Orange e92 m3 FBO+E85

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
2007 335i  [0.00]
Competition BMW

After looking around for 335's for about a year I finally saw one in my price range about 5 miles away from my house. I went and talked to Russel who I met with about a year ago and he advised me that the particular 335 that i inquired about was just recently discounted by $3k ... I test drove the car, he wasn't very pushy, and I fell in love with it.

I went through financing and was called that day with the approval. I purchased the car and when I picked it up, it was FLAWLESS. Not to mention I really appreciated the gift they gave me for buying a car from them (bmw mug, key chain, pen, tire pressure gauge, BMW hat).

Driving to CT later on in the day, my "flat tire" indicator came on and I was NOT happy. I made my way to BMW of Greenwich and met with Norbert who was extremely helpful. He told me that the air level in the tires were uneven so that is what was throwing that code. Not really a big deal for me though, as it was nice to see where the dealerships were on the way to the gf's house.

Driving back from CT a couple of days later, my check engine light went on and so did my yellow oil light. I was NOT happy. It was too late to get back to Competition BMW so the next morning I went in at 8am and met with Matthew who was my service assistant. He took my keys and told me he could give me a ride home because he didn't know how long my car was going to take. This pissed me off because I just got my new car and I didn't want to go back to driving my '99 infiniti all day. THEN he comes back about a minute later and told me he had a loaner . HELL YES. 09 335i with idrive in powder blue (it was cool for a day) and this really made my day. I got a call later on in the day from Matthew and he told me what was from. Something about my Vanos intake and filter being broken. Everything was fixed for free and I got my car back at about 3pm.

Overall I would give this dealership a 7/10 because of their deal I got on the car and the service department as a positive note. BUT I can't rate it any higher because I wasn't happy with the problems I had within just 4 days of owning the car.

-Jason
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2011, 09:59 AM   #2
mrbuckets
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i Xdrive

i agree with you on Russel...best car salesman i have dealt with (other than when i bought a maxima and my friends brother was my salesman lol)...i had a scuff on my drivers side front rim and Russel got me into service the following week and they replaced both of my front rims...knock on wood i havent had any problems in the first 2 weeks with my car...but if any one is going to buy from Competiton i suggest go to Russel i suppose theres a reason his desk is filled with thank you cards..
Appreciate 0