E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Procede Wastegate Comp Reset?

04-21-2011, 11:57 PM   #1
dbjb
I sweat pheromones
Rep
Drives: e92 335i, retired SLK55

Procede Wastegate Comp Reset?

Hey Procede owners, I need some help here...

I just got my car back from the service center. The car went in for wastegate rattle and I was lucky enough to get new turbos. Now, I had planned to upgrade to the new 3-30 DIC maps. However, I can't find my serial cable atm. Therefore, I'll just run the old maps for now. Problem is I had the WG Position turned all the way down to 30% whereas the default is 90%. I'd like to go back to default and found this part in the owners manual. Am I right in believing command 7 resets the WG to 90%? Or does it reset it to some other adaptive number?

Thanks in advance!

MODE 4 - PROCEDE SETTINGS
Command 1 - DTC Mapswitching OFF
Command 2 - DTC Mapswitching ON
Allows maps to be changed by double clicking the DTC button.
Command 3 - Nitrous Output OFF
Command 4 - Nitrous Output ON
Command 5 - AutoTune (Map1) Reset
Resets AutoTuning parameters for Map 1
Command 6 - AutoTune (Map2) Reset
Resets AutoTuning parameters for Map 2
Command 7 - Wastegate Comp Reset
Resets the Wastegate Compensation
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2011, 12:21 AM   #2
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
The Wastegate position user adjustable that you are referring to is different from wastegate compensation. They have nothing to do with each other. The WG position adjustable simply positions the wastegate actuators during low load conditions to avoid rattle or to make the exhaust deeper upon your preference. WG Compensation is an adaptive system that adjusts boost control gain based upon feedback from the PID system. It's job is to make sure your boost mapping is perfectly matched to your particular turbo/wg combination. This has a big effect on performance whereas WG position doesn't.

Since you have new turbos/wgs just go ahead and do a WG Compensation reset through the command center. Or you can leave it alone and let the Procede adjust it by itself as you drive.

The WG Position is something you can adjust yourself later when you hook up your laptop. If you even want to that is.

Shiv
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2011, 12:56 AM   #3
dbjb
I sweat pheromones
Rep

Thanks Shiv. That explains a lot. While waiting for a reply, I did a few tests.

I executed Command 5,6, & 7 (reset autotune and WG comp). I then started driving near a brick wall. In Map 0, I get no WG rattle upon decelleration. However, in Map 1 & 2, I get WG rattle. Is that normal or is that caused by my Procede still at a WG value of 30%?

I will hook up my laptop once I find my cable. Of course I'll update to the new DIC maps at the same time.

BTW, Thanks for the quick reply!
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2011, 01:06 AM   #4
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsbj View Post
Thanks Shiv. That explains a lot. While waiting for a reply, I did a few tests.

I executed Command 5,6, & 7 (reset autotune and WG comp). I then started driving near a brick wall. In Map 0, I get no WG rattle upon decelleration. However, in Map 1 & 2, I get WG rattle. Is that normal or is that caused by my Procede still at a WG value of 30%?

I will hook up my laptop once I find my cable. Of course I'll update to the new DIC maps at the same time.

BTW, Thanks for the quick reply!
Just set the wastegate DC to the default value of 90%. This will closely mimic the stock DME tune which is rattle-free for you (Map0). The purpose of that adjustable is to be able to tune out rattle for your particular turbo/wg setup. Unless you are getting rattle, just leave it at the default.

Shiv
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2011, 01:08 AM   #5
dbjb
I sweat pheromones
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
Just set the wastegate DC to the default value of 90%. This will closely mimic the stock DME tune which is rattle-free for you (Map0). The purpose of that adjustable is to be able to tune out rattle for your particular turbo/wg setup. Unless you are getting rattle, just leave it at the default.

Shiv
Thanks again Shiv! You rock brotha!
Appreciate 0