E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Not Just Another Review for Alan************

11-15-2011, 12:03 PM   #1
hypnotiq
Excited New 335i Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Not Just Another Review for Alan************

I've had the recent experience of working with Alan in purchasing my Vanguard Exhaust. I'd like to tell the story of my experience so that everyone will have a better idea of Alan's excellence and professionalism.

About three weeks ago I PM'd Alan inquiring about the Vanguard Exhaust. His responses are spot on and extrememly prompt. He would answer within minutes my several questions. I must have had about a 40 - 50 PM correspondence with him over the course of my purchasing experience and he was prompt on every single PM. There was no question that I was receiving very attentive service or that I would hear back within a very quick time.

Once I placed my order on a Tuesday afternoon, the order was shipped out the same day. I received the tracking number before close of business via email. It was shipped ground but since I only live one state over (Arizona they are based in California) it was at my door on Thursday afternoon!

I opened the boxes and found some very fresh looking pipes. Looked like a very solid exhaust and I was excited to install it. Felt like a kid again on Christmas day expecting an N64. I pulled the pipes out to examine them and they came in pristine condition. Ready to go.

Installation of the exhaust began on Friday night. I had my brother and pops to help me. We first went to install the midpipes. Once we installed those we went to install the next section. It was at this time that we noticed that we were sent some incorrect pipes. We received one pipe that did not fit to the next section. To be honest I was a bit frustrated at this because I now was facing a longer wait period to have this corrected. It was already Friday night and receiving the correct part would take until next week or longer. All this could of been a disaster, but good thing I was working with Alan!

Once I PM'd him of the issue I sent him some pictures of the incorrect pipes. He immediately did research to find out what the issue was. Turns out it was a manufacturer error in shipping the wrong pipes out. The manufacturer immediately rectified the situation in the most ideal way. They resolved to send out the correct pair of mid pipes immediately with a return label for me to ship the incorrect ones back. It was shipped I believe on Monday afternoon/night from what I remember. I received it on Wednesday, another two day turn around. Just my 2 cents here, **********s must have a great relationship with the manufacturer in order to pull something like this off. It also speaks volumes about the manufacturer themselves to correct issues and provide excellent and prompt customer service. I was expecting 3 weeks or more to resolve this issue. Instead it took five or six days to completely resolve the issue, not only to have the correct pipes but have them installed and send the other one's back!

After installation my miles per gallon concern turned into smiles per minute. This exhaust is fantastic! Its pretty tame under 3500 rpm. It is still significantly louder than stock and will get attention, but its not overbearing. What is really fun is waiting for the exhaust to open up above 3500 rpm. Once it hits 4k this exhaust comes to life! A very fun car to drive just got more fun.

Overall though, I write this on behalf of Alan to applaud his professionalism, honesty, diligence and excellence. Despite having a hiccup in the shipping, my experience was above fantastic at every point of my working with Alan. He truly goes above and beyond what is needed to really make modifying our cars a joy. Also a huge kudos to Vanguard for resolving the issue so quickly. It was only a couple of hours before they resolved to correct the issue.

If you are looking for some outstanding service, look no further than Alan at **********s. Thanks again Alan and I do look forward to working with you in the future.
- Vanguard Catback Exhaust
- Nitto 555's
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2011, 12:04 PM   #2
SpmnE9zero
DENY THE WORLD THAT SURROUNDS YOU
United_States
Rep
Drives: JB 33ZERO

Garage List
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Looks like another discount was handed out in exchange for kind words.....

Just kidding!!!!!! Alan is a great dude! Forum members are lucky to have em!
      11-17-2011, 01:21 PM   #3
ar design
United_States
Rep
Drives: 04 M3

Alan FTW
      12-07-2011, 01:30 PM   #4
ModBargains.com
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: JB E92 335i

I do my best to take care of my customers and I'm glad to hear that you were happy with the service. It was my pleasure helping you out with the Vanguard 335i exhaust and thank you for always giving me the opportunity to earn your business!
Appreciate 0