E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Anyone ever ordered from bmwmercedesparts.com? cheaper than getbmwparts

03-15-2011, 03:21 AM   #1
tracerit
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13 BRZ Limited 6MT

Anyone ever ordered from bmwmercedesparts.com? cheaper than getbmwparts

i've always bought my oil and stuff from getbmwparts.com but while looking at a thread for a pre-lci to lci conversion, someone posted a link to www.bmwmercedesparts.com the conversion from getbmwparts is $2692 while bmwmercedesparts is cheaper at $2360.

anyone have experience with bmwmercedesparts?
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2011, 09:07 AM   #2
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: F80 ZCP 6MT, R55 Clubman S 6MT

If it has Mercedes in the name, stay away.

My delivery experience and beach photoshoot here.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2011, 09:07 AM   #3
talisman311
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90

I have. Ordered an oil change package, antifreeze, brake sensor and some other stuff. All came within a week. My only complaint is they didn't give me an itemized receipt, but not a big deal for me.
      03-18-2011, 11:09 PM   #4
Neutrino45
Major
Rep
Drives: XXX

I've ordered from them before. If you're a BMWCCA member, you get 25% off of the MSRP price. They have free shipping for orders over $200.
      03-18-2011, 11:14 PM   #5
blacknbean
Major
Rep
Drives: e92 335i 6MT

yes! they are cheaper than getbmwparts and cheaper shipping too. they dont have much of a website, but if you know the part numbers you can order what you want. i buy everything from here. havent had to use any customer service...so far so good!
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2011, 09:15 PM   #6
Nvrenuf
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i

Not really sure what to think about these guys. Prices are good, but they are totally non responsive and it is apparent that you are their lowest priority and / or they are just too busy to care.

I have placed 4 orders:

First got canceled.

The second arrived, but had wrong parts that were selected correctly from their automated part catalog that has no part numbers. I ordered E90 Sedan tail lights and they sent me Euro LCI tail lights that fit 330td!? They don't fit north america cars! Now here is the kicker. I contacted them and they informed me there is a 35% restocking fee. I emailed them a couple days ago asking for compromise and no response. Not even a "no". Worse!

The third / fourth orders they said on part was out of stock and would ship in two weeks. I requested them to ship order. The orders were placed Feb 22 so more than a month has gone by and there is no indication of what they are doing. All emails have gone ignored.

I will update once I hear back from Randy, the contact at Husker BMW.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2011, 12:50 AM   #7
x26
First Lieutenant
Rep

Question

Will EVAN at Tischer Match thier Prices??
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2011, 01:45 AM   #8
shazzy04
Lieutenant Colonel
South Korea
Rep
Drives: '15 F22 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by x26 View Post
Will EVAN at Tischer Match thier Prices??
First time I actually heard about this site, but

THIS^

Mods coming soon
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2011, 03:12 AM   #9
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
Rep
Drives: F32 435ix MSport

Garage List
For the last (2) orders I placed for BMW parts I did a price comparison between Evan @ Tischer & the place mentioned.

Each time I found that Evan was slightly higher on some items, but one or two of the items, he was substantially lower (don't know why these items would have such a disparity?

In the end, for all items ordered, Evan was cheaper. Plus I have ALWAYS had great service from Evan and he is quik to email back with my myriad of questions, even if they have nohing to do with buying parts.

I do agree that it seems the Tischer standard shipping rate is $14.95 + the $4.99 handling fee - regardless of the size of the package, when dealing with small to mid size packages. Sometimes this seems high when I get the small box, other times it seems to cheap on larger boxes.

In the end it all comes out in the wash & I like dealing with someone that I have a good history with of great customer service
F32 435ix//MGM//M Sport-Prem-Tech-Driver Assist-Lighting-Cold Weather-Dyn Handling Pkgs//M4 Black Lthr Int w/M4 Alum Blade Trim//HK w/Bavsound Stg3//763M//M4 Euro LCI Tails//M4 Mirrors w/CF Covers//AWCarbon CF F/R Spoilers-Side Splitters-Diffuser 6WB/ID6 HU+HUD/IND M4 Alcantara Armrest//PURE S2 Turbo//AA FMIC+DP//ER CP+TIC//3.5bar TMAP/TS DV//AWE Tuning Exh w/Blk Tips//Turner MS CF Intake//BM3 Cary Jordan Tune//MPerf Diff//PrecRW Ignition Kit
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2011, 09:58 AM   #10
Evan@Tischer
Rep
Drives: Online Parts Sales

Quote:
For the last (2) orders I placed for BMW parts I did a price comparison between Evan @ Tischer & the place mentioned.

Each time I found that Evan was slightly higher on some items, but one or two of the items, he was substantially lower (don't know why these items would have such a disparity?

In the end, for all items ordered, Evan was cheaper. Plus I have ALWAYS had great service from Evan and he is quik to email back with my myriad of questions, even if they have nohing to do with buying parts.

I do agree that it seems the Tischer standard shipping rate is $14.95 + the $4.99 handling fee - regardless of the size of the package, when dealing with small to mid size packages. Sometimes this seems high when I get the small box, other times it seems to cheap on larger boxes.

In the end it all comes out in the wash & I like dealing with someone that I have a good history with of great customer service
Thanks for the feedback!

We not only offer competitive pricing, but pride ourselves on our customer service and support!

Contact Us | Facebook | Twitter | New: Shop Porsche & Audi parts!
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2011, 07:04 PM   #11
Nvrenuf
Private First Class
Rep

Talked to Randy on Thursday and he said they were overnighting the parts. It was nice to be able to talk to someone. However, nothing showed up on Friday and no updates were posted to my order on line.

I am going to cancel and order from getbmwparts where I have always gotten confirmation. I have never hand to question weather my order is getting handled or not from Evan / Jason. It would be nice to be able to call them, but the email response is shockingly fast.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2011, 07:16 PM   #12
burton727
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 330i

+1 for tischer. received an order three weeks ago, all went well. will order with them again in the near future
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2011, 07:33 PM   #13
hipnotic
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

Garage List
2008 335i coupe  [7.00]
don't do it
      03-28-2011, 09:56 AM   #14
orangedawg
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 328xi

Evan and Jason at Tischer are amazing! Last year I ordered a ton of parts and they were always very good at getting me great prices and customer service was excellent! Their shipping is also extremely reasonable when dealing with large packages. Also, one time I ordered an electrical part that was supposed to be non-returnable once ordered, but when I figured out that I didn't need the part they let me cancel with no issue. Amazing service! Can't recommend them enough! I just wish they were on the west coast!
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2011, 10:44 AM   #15
mike-y
just another bmw douche bag
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1.9L of fury

I love how people here are so quick to yell "stay away!" because they don't advertise on the forum. I've ordered stuff from both places before. BMWmercedes parts are a dealership, just like Tischer, and have nearly the same corporate type website design for searching/ordering parts. I've found prices slightly cheaper or nearly the same.

If you qualify for free shipping it comes out cheaper. And if you are on the west cost, the shipping is cheaper since it's coming from Nebraska instead of the East Coast. They saved me a lot of money when I needed manifold parts, and Randy emailed me about my order right away. I've ordered from them a few times and everything worked out fine.

That said, I still order a few things from Tischer, namely oil change kits. Tischer's botique style shopping packages for various items (like oil changes) make it easier to order those type of things, and they usually have a special on shipping for many of those items. And having a presence on this board makes it easy to ask them questions if you are unsure about something.

So bottom line - I use them both, it just depends what I'm buying.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2011, 06:58 AM   #16
Nvrenuf
Private First Class
Rep

Update

Still no parts. My original order date was 2/18 putting us at 6 weeks today. The charges for the parts appeared on my cc last Friday which is when they said the parts would be overnighted. I called Randy yesterday and left another message regarding the order.

I sent back the tail lights that were chosen from their parts system and incorrectly filled with 330td lights and are now subject to the 35% restocking fee. Will update when this return is processed.

Here is another post on bmwmercedesparts.com:

http://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...errerid=107734
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2011, 06:40 AM   #17
Nvrenuf
Private First Class
Rep

Finally got my parts. Total time from order to delivery was 7 weeks. The shipment was standard ground despite promises to upgrade to overnight. I could not cancel because I could not get in touch with anyone. Then the parts just arrived.

My returns were processed and I was assessed a 35% restocking fee despite their system substituting Europe only parts for a car that never came to the US.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2011, 10:24 AM   #18
tracerit
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13 BRZ Limited 6MT

wow that's horrible. i think i'll stay with getbmwparts
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2011, 03:19 PM   #19
VWtoBMW
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neutrino45 View Post
I've ordered from them before. If you're a BMWCCA member, you get 25% off of the MSRP price. They have free shipping for orders over $200.
From their home page, looks like they changed their policy... "We are no longer offering free shipping due to the low pricing. But we still have some of the lowest shipping cost around!!

"We are no longer offering free shipping due to the low pricing. But we still have some of the lowest shipping cost around!!"
      06-07-2011, 01:13 PM   #20
rdub315
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 E90 335i

Garage List
2007 E90 335i  [10.00]
Just wanted to share my experience with bmwmercedesparts.com so far... decided to give them a shot based on their pricing...

Ordered VANOS solenoids on 5/27, and website has shown my order as "processing" since the day I placed the order. To this day, there have been no updates, tracking, nor responses to 2 messages that I left for Randy or whatever the guy's name is. Looking back, I would've gone thru Tischer despite the slightly higher prices. I probably would've had the parts by now.
- VTT Stage 2 turbos, VTT inlets, Cobb Pro Tune (E30 and 93 octane tunes), MFactory LSD, 335is clutch, CSF radiator, slim fans, Walbro 255, AE exhaust, AA downpipes, ETS FMIC, Vishnu DCI, ETS charge pipe, Tial BOV, BMS OCC
- H&R Touring Cup Kit, Apex Arc8, M3 style front bumper, MTech style rear bumper and diffuser
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2011, 02:20 PM   #21
Evan@Tischer
Rep
Drives: Online Parts Sales

rdub - if you get tired of waiting, you might want to see if you can cancel the order. I have these in stock and ready to ship! Just enter part # 11367585425 on our site to order. Put 'priority shipping per Evan' in the comments when checking out and i'll make sure these ship the same day you order (as long as it's during normal business hours).

Contact Us | Facebook | Twitter | New: Shop Porsche & Audi parts!
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2011, 02:59 PM   #22
huskercubfan
STM TRPR
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i MW

I don't have any experience with their parts shop but Husker BMW is the best BMW dealership anywhere near here from everything I hear in the local BMW community
Appreciate 0