E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > May be the end for me on this forum...

10-10-2012, 05:26 PM   #1
Chris@codemybimmer
Canada
Rep
Drives: AW F30 328i Xdrive

May be the end for me on this forum...

So this morning i got a phone call from my mom and she told me that the car got into an accident. She sounded calm and all so i thought its just a minor bumper accident or something. Then i got a phone call from the emergency crew saying my parents are being taken to the hospital.
At this point my i knew my car was messed up bad so i went and made sure my parents were fine. then i went to the storage unit where the towing company took the car.

this is how it looks....

my heart sank....
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2012, 05:36 PM   #2
Kriston
The Ultimate Driving Machine
Canada
Rep
Drives: Like Donkey Kong on Roids

forget the car buddy,

make sure your family is good. Cars are just cars, no matter how much you love em.

Appreciate 0
      10-10-2012, 06:20 PM   #3
marcvtec
Banned
Rep
Drives: M5

Completely agree
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2012, 06:20 PM   #4
GreekboyD
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 335d

Garage List
2009 BMW 335d  [8.00]
Kriston offers up some good perspective here. If your parents were seriously harmed or killed in the accident, you wouldn't even be thinking about the car.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2012, 06:34 PM   #5
ELITE_TRAYUNZE
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: AW 07 E90 328i Sport

lol, I'm in shock.....who gives a fuck about your car....I've lost close family members due to car accidents so, needless to say, the original post of this thread has me enraged! UGHHH
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2012, 06:46 PM   #6
KCX_335xi
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 | 2013 e70 X5

Sorry to hear your parents were in an accident, but glad to hear they are ok.... Cars can be fixed or replaced, family can not....
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2012, 06:47 PM   #7
Chris@codemybimmer
Canada
Rep

Just because i dont spill out my feelings for my parents on a forum doesnt mean i dont care for them.
I like how quickly you guys come to a conclusion just on one post.
This is a car forum not a family relationship forum, so i decided to keep it that way.

Thanks for the support guys
maybe i shouldnt be on this forum afterall
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2012, 06:53 PM   #8
ELITE_TRAYUNZE
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lyfe View Post
Just because i dont spill out my feelings for my parents on a forum doesnt mean i dont care for them.
This is a car forum not a family relationship forum, so i decided to keep it that way.

Do you have any idea how retarded you look, coming on a forum to talk about how devastated you are about your car being damaged, only hours after your parents had been taken to the hospital?.............Have your parents been released from the hospital? How have you already gone down to look at your car? Forget about your car and go take care of your parents....
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2012, 06:57 PM   #9
PepE92M3
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 12 E92 M3

Moving forward just get another E90 or F30 bro. And hopefully the next will be a lucky car.

Retired: 12 E82 135i, 11 E88 128i, 05 E46 M3, 07 E92 328i, 07 X3 3.0is, 88 E30 325i, 84 E30 318i
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2012, 07:00 PM   #10
Chris@codemybimmer
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELITE_TRAYUNZE View Post
Do you have any idea how retarded you look, coming on a forum to talk about how devastated you are about your car being damaged, only hours after your parents had been taken to the hospital?.............Have your parents been released from the hospital? How have you already gone down to look at your car? Forget about your car and go take care of your parents....
My parents were released from the hospital 9 30 am after spending 2 and a half hours with them they were the ones who wanted to go see the car so i drove them up. and then spent the rest of the day WITH them dealing with insurance/towing and body shop crap. missing out on midterms and shit

ive had a hell of a day
i dont need to take crap from you
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2012, 07:08 PM   #11
ELITE_TRAYUNZE
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
My parents were released from the hospital 9 30 am after spending 2 and a half hours with them they were the ones who wanted to go see the car so i drove them up. and then spent the rest of the day WITH them dealing with insurance/towing and body shop crap. missing out on midterms and shit

ive had a hell of a day
Um...pretty sure your parents shouldn't be doing anything but resting for at least a week or so.......and oh no, missing midterms and having to reschedule for later!! What a disaster!!!
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2012, 07:16 PM   #12
shaginwagon13
Chartered Accountant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i Coupe

Quote:
So this morning i got a phone call from my mom and she told me that the car got into an accident. She sounded calm and all so i thought its just a minor bumper accident or something. Then i got a phone call from the emergency crew saying my parents are being taken to the hospital.
At this point my i knew my car was messed up bad so i went and made sure my parents were fine. then i went to the storage unit where the towing company took the car.
Dude fuck the car, thats why you have insurance. As long as your parents are alright your the luckiest man alive. Money can always buy a new car, you can't buy back a life.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2012, 07:21 PM   #13
markham335i
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 335i

for ppl saying "omg dude who cares about the car!!@!@ at least ur family is ok omg why dont u worry about ur rents#@%#@%"

OBVIOUSLY HE CARES ABOUT HIS FAMILY... are u that blind to not think that? >.>
Upgrades: <Cobb V3, DCI, BMS downpipes, ER charge pipe, Forge DV, bbs ch-r, 30%tint all around, bmw performance exhaust, umnitza V4 angel eyes>.....Next upgrades (I would like):intercooler, BBK, turbo upgrade....etc....
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2012, 07:23 PM   #14
shaginwagon13
Chartered Accountant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by markham335i View Post
for ppl saying "omg dude who cares about the car!!@!@ at least ur family is ok omg why dont u worry about ur rents#@%#@%"

OBVIOUSLY HE CARES ABOUT HIS FAMILY... are u that blind to not think that? >.>
Quote:

my heart sank....
His heart should have sank when he found out his parents were in an accident. Not because his car was a write-off. I don't care if it was a Ferrari, who cares its just a car.

I am sure he does care about his parents obviously, but honestly in the big picture the health of the people in the crash is all that matters.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2012, 07:24 PM   #15
markham335i
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaginwagon13 View Post
His heart should have sank when he found out his parents were in an accident. Not because his car was a write-off. I don't care if it was a Ferrari, who cares its just a car.

Just my .02 cents
i think he agrees with u
Upgrades: <Cobb V3, DCI, BMS downpipes, ER charge pipe, Forge DV, bbs ch-r, 30%tint all around, bmw performance exhaust, umnitza V4 angel eyes>.....Next upgrades (I would like):intercooler, BBK, turbo upgrade....etc....
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2012, 07:24 PM   #16
Dr. G
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black e92 335i

Garage List
e92 BMW 335i  [8.84]
Quote:

I hope your parents are doing well and wish them a full and speedy recovery from the incident. It sucks to see what happened to the car it must really suck to sit there looking at it, but hopefully you can get everything sorted out and get the car fixed / get a new car without going through too much of a hassle.

I don't know why anyone would come to the conclusion you cared about the car and not your parents. I don't think anyone would really come onto a car forum and make a post which expresses concern for family members since that is more of a personal thing to deal with. It's a car forum so typically people post concerns related to their car.

He clearly stated he went straight to the hospital to see his parents and not the car. Parents were released within 2.5 hours which leads me to believe they were brought in as a precautionary measure which is standard procedure. I don't see what's wrong with going to see the car after and being upset about it especially if his parents were the ones who wanted to go see the car?

The whole if your parents died crap is totally unnecessary and I don't see who it is relevant at all.
JB4 / OSS Angel Eyes / Downpipes / F1-Racewerks FMIC / Custom Meth Kit / BMS DCI / ER Chargepipe / HKS BOV / BMS Meth Elbow / BMW Performance Exhaust / Carbon Fiber Inlay Quad Tips / 19" Miro 111 / Front Aero Lip / M3 Sides / VRS CSL Trunk / Mtech Rear / DD CF Quad Finned Diffuser / LCI Tails / BBK / Smoked Reflectors / F1 Euphoria LED Interior / License LED's / GT 5000k Corners / 5000k HID Fogs / Air Scoops / LED Turn Signals / FK Silverline Coilovers / HPA endlinks / Vibrant Resonators / Osram CBI 5000k D1S

Last edited by Dr. G; 10-10-2012 at 07:30 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2012, 07:25 PM   #17
markham335i
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. G View Post
I hope your parents are doing well and wish them a full and speedy recovery from the incident. It sucks to see what happened to the car it must really suck to sit there looking at it, but hopefully you can get everything sorted out and get the car fixed / get a new car without going through too much of a hassle.

I don't know why anyone would come to the conclusion you cared about the car and not your parents. I don't think anyone would really come onto a car forum and make a post which expresses concern for family members since that is more of a personal thing to deal with. It's a car forum so typically people post concerns related to their car.

+1 well said g
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2012, 07:28 PM   #18
shaginwagon13
Chartered Accountant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by markham335i View Post
i think he agrees with u
This thread is going to turn into an argument lol

I've said my opinion, now I'm gonna grab some
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2012, 07:32 PM   #19
Chris@codemybimmer
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELITE_TRAYUNZE
Quote:

ive had a hell of a day
Um...pretty sure your parents shouldn't be doing anything but resting for at least a week or so.......and oh no, missing midterms and having to reschedule for later!! What a disaster!!!
unlike you who probably has a lot of money to blow
my family doesn't.
65 dollars a day at the storage adds up quick so we rather get everything taken care of asap. and missing out on exams is a big deal for me considering I pay my own tuition I can't afford to fail a course and spend another 5 grand on tuition fees to repeat a semester. I work hard for my money. it doesn't just appear out of nowhere
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2012, 07:54 PM   #20
ELITE_TRAYUNZE
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
unlike you who probably has a lot of money to blow
my family doesn't.
65 dollars a day at the storage adds up quick so we rather get everything taken care of asap. and missing out on exams is a big deal for me considering I pay my own tuition I can't afford to fail a course and spend another 5 grand on tuition fees to repeat a semester. I work hard for my money. it doesn't just appear out of nowhere
You didn't MISS OUT on an exam......Your exam will be rescheduled if you were smart enough to e-mail your prof to explain the situation....and you need to practice patience and due diligence in this situation with your car otherwise, before you know it, you'll end up with a car that is unfit to drive and should've been a write-off....Then you'll be blowing money for years to come....
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2012, 08:19 PM   #21
itrocks4u
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80, F36, E90

Sorry to hear what happened man. Hope your parents feel better soon.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2012, 09:59 PM   #22
Crulexis
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i // E92

Thank god for Insurance... that's all I can say