E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > British roads..now just full of c**ts!

09-20-2012, 03:37 PM   #1
Vaheed1
Major
Rep
Drives: E90 330d M Sport

British roads..now just full of c**ts!

Before I get started on my rant, I'd like to say that I'm not a perfect driver - but have more than enough road common sense/manners to be able to label myself very competent, at least.

Is it just me, or have our roads turned into asylums for the mentally retarded? It just feels like everyday now there's an incident which just beggars belief. Selfish and moronic behaviour just seems to be an everyday norm now. It's almost as if NO ONE can be wrong when they're behind the wheel of a car.

Today, some woman with children in her car stuck her fingers up at me for daring to 'beep' her out of my round about lane. I swear, I didn't even look in her direction in the wrong way - just a quick glance, as you do, and there she is - the fat, ignorant, middle aged chav in her (probably) mobility car - giving me the old V's and f****** this and f****** that. WOW! i thought - I've just save her an insurance claim and that's what she repays me with?

A similar thing happened a few months ago - but on that occasion - the old Bill tuned up at my door. On that occasion, the guy made me slam my brakes on - nearly causing a pile up. When I saw him at the next set of traffic lights - him AND his two passengers were giving me the F's and tossers. I lost my cool and asked him, politely, to apologise - he called me a c*** and proceeded to the next set of traffic light. This time, I got out of the car and the big, hairy, tattoo'd pussy locked his doors and drove off through the red lights. The bastard had the audacity to call the Po-lice on me. Nothing ever came of it though.

Parking - why do people think they have the right to park how they feel like it? Even when I have the freedom of a empty car park - I ALWAYS park in a bay, properly. I'm not sure what's worse - people not parking in their own bays or people who drive the car in on an angle and just leave it like that - leaving a corner of their car sticking out. I live on a nice quiet road just outside of the City. Unfortunately, theres a plastic surgery clinic across the (quite wide) road and a dentist 3 doors down. On many occasions I've had to go and find the driver because they've blocked my entrance to my drive - it's always someone from the dentist. I've asked them to put a notice up - but they won't. Next step is to put a clamping sign outside. It's certainly worked for the old lady directly next to me. BUT I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO DO IT. Common bloody sense.

Lane hogger's, people who don't indicate, people jumping lanes in high speed traffic...etc. It's like a every bloody day occurrence now.

Last, but certainly not least - Audi drivers. No offence to anyone here - but they truly are a breed of c***s. Suppose that's what Audi get for literally giving their cars away on PCP. That is all

Last edited by Vaheed1; 09-20-2012 at 03:43 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2012, 03:56 PM   #2
sheps
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG

Your concerns and aggravations mirror my own; it's starting to get me down as the amount time I spend spewing vitriol at people with their head up their arse is now outweighing the amount of time I spend enjoying myself driving.

I genuinely take pride in my driving and whilst I do speed where conditions allow I believe that my anticipation, attention, understanding and consideration of others offsets my 'naughtiness'.

For too many people the physical act of driving the car they're in is a secondary or tertiary task, after eating, drinking, talking, looking at the scenery, singing or shouting at kids etc. sad times.

Increasingly cramped roads should bring with them a more stringent test procedure. I have been an advocate of the building of specific and advanced test centres specific for the purpose of driving training. These centres would allow learning in a sterile environment prior to letting learners onto the roads, and have areas that could replicate wet/low grip conditions, for skid replication and correction training. Drivers shouldn't be allowed to pass without a minimum number of supervised hours on road, including motorways. There is so much wrong with the current system it's laughable; if the government were serious about cutting road deaths then they'd stop testing people against such a thoroughly outdated benchmark.

Replaced by 6.2 litres of AMG powered C class.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2012, 04:43 PM   #3
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F83 and F36

Completely agree with you guys.

To bring smile on your face, have a look at this
      09-20-2012, 05:00 PM   #4
mowflow
Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Golf 7R

On the OPs point about parking.

My parents live in a culdesac opposite a primary school. At certain times of the day their street is a nightmare. Parents park anywhere they want to prevent their fat weans from having to walk more than the length of themselves.

Just this week some guy parked across my parents drive. My dad was having none of this so went out to have a word with the guy. This naturally resulted in the air turning blue. However, my dad noticed the guy was stinking of booze so he went in the house, took a pic of the guys car/reg and called the police. The Police told him they were busy and asked if he could call back later.

2 days later the Police showed up but it was obvious they didn't care.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2012, 06:07 PM   #5
darkcloud
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 VW JSW

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Have you guys driven here in the US ? Everyone thinks they are entitled to drive the exact speed limit in the fast lane. People will literally get on the highway and jump 3 lanes straight to the fast lane and then sit with their thumb up their ass. All while meandering and not paying attention to a car around them. Don't get me started on city driving.

As for parking people do what they please and think they car park wherever however. In downtown Cleveland you can pay extra for "truck" plates. You can put them on any car the registration just costs more. Then there are "truck" zones to park throughout downtown that don't have parking meters, you can park for two hours and be fine. Well everyday as I'm trying to park numerous people are parked there without the proper plates. If caught the ticket is $35. Well I've told people while parking or just after whats up and they act dumbfounded. Seriously people, where on God's green earth can you park in a downtown area for free without paying some sort of meter!!!!!!

Dumb asses are everywhere. I welcome a Mayan catastrophe to hopefully knock of some of the herd weighing society down.

retired 06 E90 325i

New: 09 VW Platinum Grey Jetta Sportwagen 2.0T SEL w/DSG, panoramic sunroof and Ipod adapter
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2012, 06:59 PM   #6
Vaheed1
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowflow View Post
On the OPs point about parking.

My parents live in a culdesac opposite a primary school. At certain times of the day their street is a nightmare. Parents park anywhere they want to prevent their fat weans from having to walk more than the length of themselves.

Just this week some guy parked across my parents drive. My dad was having none of this so went out to have a word with the guy. This naturally resulted in the air turning blue. However, my dad noticed the guy was stinking of booze so he went in the house, took a pic of the guys car/reg and called the police. The Police told him they were busy and asked if he could call back later.

2 days later the Police showed up but it was obvious they didn't care.
One of my staff recently reported a taxi driver for drink driving. He's since had his licence revoked and, ironically, has to get a taxi to pick his kebab up.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2012, 12:58 AM   #7
IanS100
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: 520d F10 LCI M Sport

I have new neighbours that moved in about 2 months ago &, almost every day, a middle aged women in a red VW Polo calls round to see them, but where does she park? ...... smack bang across my driveway . She could park a car length further forward next to clear pavement or a car length back to park across their driveway, but she doesn't, & the sheer ignorance of it really P's me off. Ironically, yesterday she arrived with L plates on & a young girl driving who did park across next doors driveway, fingers crossed the old bat learns from this example.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2012, 02:08 AM   #8
Sir_Pigley
Captain
Rep
Drives: 640d GC / 420i XDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by IanS100 View Post
I have new neighbours that moved in about 2 months ago &, almost every day, a middle aged women in a red VW Polo calls round to see them, but where does she park? ...... smack bang across my driveway . She could park a car length further forward next to clear pavement or a car length back to park across their driveway, but she doesn't, & the sheer ignorance of it really P's me off. Ironically, yesterday she arrived with L plates on & a young girl driving who did park across next doors driveway, fingers crossed the old bat learns from this example.
Next time she does it call the Police and report the car for causing an obstruction on the highway.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2012, 02:14 AM   #9
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3

Garage List
Some right numpties out there.
      09-21-2012, 03:23 AM   #10
IanS100
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: 520d F10 LCI M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Pigley View Post
Next time she does it call the Police and report the car for causing an obstruction on the highway.
Thanks, but I doubt they'd be very interested, last year I called the police because 2 cars had parked opposite each other at the entrance to our cul-de-sac completely blocking it & my numpty son in law couldn't get his car past. The police did attend but it took them 90 mins, & when they couldn't find the vehicle owners they left without doing anything, so I don't think my blocked drive will get much attention
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2012, 04:05 AM   #11
Hotcoupe
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Don't know yet!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by IanS100 View Post
I have new neighbours that moved in about 2 months ago &, almost every day, a middle aged women in a red VW Polo calls round to see them, but where does she park? ...... smack bang across my driveway . She could park a car length further forward next to clear pavement or a car length back to park across their driveway, but she doesn't, & the sheer ignorance of it really P's me off.
That's easily rectified,when you have friends around let them know before they arrive it's OK for them to park across the neighbours driveway.

It's clearly what your new neighbours think,so play them back at their own game.

F*ckin retards,pisses me off when people park across my driveway,can't they see there's a car parked on the drive,or do they think it's a f*ckin helicopter!

While were having a piss boiling contest,what about the cocktards doing the weekly shop while getting their fuel,you're sitting there like a spare cock at a wedding,and the c*nts are perusing the aisles picking out the f*cking evening meal,what the f*ck is going on,why can't they f*ck off to Aldi!

Anyway................carry on

Never argue with an idiot on the internet. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2012, 04:24 AM   #12
nicktyler
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i (sadly gone)

Garage List
The fuel station thing really grinds my gears. Fine they now have almost full on supermarkets at the station but there are spaces for that. Why do they leave the car at the pump causing a huge queue.

It happens too often that you choose the pump with the un attended car as you figure they must be inside paying and therefore about to leave but you end up sitting there while they get 3 pasties heated up and 20p wort of coffee for £4.

To make it worse they will allways miander back to the car knowing you are there and then take forever to move. What are they doing? reading the instructions for the seatbelt because they frogot due to how long they were in the shop!!
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2012, 04:45 AM   #13
shrink
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 325i SE

the state of britains drivers is a thing of distress for me at the moment too, just two weeks ago, some spotty teenage tw*t was driving too close to my back bumper with sunlight in his eye, i put on the brakes for the traffic ahead, he wasnt paying attention and ploughed into my bumper.

So now that the car is booked in for repair, i can breathe a sigh of relief. Except for the fact that in a fairly large open car park, someone has obviously parked next to me, and on either getting in or out of their car, has managed to put a huge scratch down the side of my passengers door. Probably some dosey tart's handbag buckle most likely.

Why can't people show a little respect and decency and just stay away from other peoples cars!!
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2012, 05:06 AM   #14
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F83 and F36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotcoupe View Post
can't they see there's a car parked on the drive,or do they think it's a f*ckin helicopter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicktyler View Post

reading the instructions for the seatbelt because they frogot due to how long they were in the shop!!

09-21-2012, 05:34 AM   #15
zltm089
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Those fcuks that can't park or block your driveway...just need to deflate their fcukin tyres!...

Those fcuktard drivers are everywhere on the roads now...in London its really bad...some fcuking b1tch just stopped right in the middle of the road at a junction last time.....fcukin fat retard didn't where she was going.....( so, why not stop in the middle of the road to "think"...heh)...

I beeped the shit of out of my horn and pull the window down...shouting " oi u fat fucking bitch!!!..." and then drove off.....while she looked at me ...
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2012, 05:43 AM   #16
zltm089
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [10.00]
and call me a chauvinist or whatever ....

MOST WOMEN CAN'T DRIVE FOR SH1T!...
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2012, 05:56 AM   #17
Vaheed1
Major
Rep

Zltm, I totally agree with you mate. 99% of women lack the basic common sense needed to drive a car. They can't negotiate the movement on a roundabout without stopping dead first, they can't park for shit and never use their mirrors.

C**t of the day today: a taxi driver driving up a one way street.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2012, 06:06 AM   #18
phil200tdi
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i M Sport E90 LCI manual

In all honesty the problem is not the poor drivers on the road but infact the impatient ones. Many of the responders to this thread fall into this catagory.

Traffic congestion is not caused by people driving too slowly but by driving eratically. On the UK motorway most congestion is caused by people driving too quickly for the traffic conditions and then slamming the brakes on causing a ripple effect. Variable speed limit enforcement (like around birmingham) eases congestion as people stick to the lower limit whilst here is the threat of the cameras.

There is a general lack of consideration. How many people get aggressive towards cyclists, old drivers even road works purely due to the fact that they have been inconvenienced slightly.

I have been as guilty as the next man on this but have been trying to be more considerate on each journey. When I arrive at my destination I feel more relaxed as a result.

You will never get rid of numpty drivers but if everyone were to drive considerately then the UK would be a much nicer place to drive.

09-21-2012, 06:25 AM   #19
Cyprio
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 Audi S4 B/Edition

There's so many people also driving without insurance nowadays.

So in the immortal words of the 'Hill Street Blues' Sgt - Hey, let's be careful out there.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2012, 06:45 AM   #20
FRG
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E91 325d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil200tdi View Post

I have been as guilty as the next man on this but have been trying to be more considerate on each journey. When I arrive at my destination I feel more relaxed as a result.
+1 on this.

On the other hand though. Put me on the M1 on a weekend and I can't cope. It's full of clueless, shoppers, day trippers etc that don't have the experience of a motorway but also don't exercise common sense. e.g. "there's f$$k all in the left lane - MOVE!" it's a nightmare. I'm getting wound up thinking about it!
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2012, 08:11 AM   #21
zltm089
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by phil200tdi View Post
In all honesty the problem is not the poor drivers on the road but infact the impatient ones. Many of the responders to this thread fall into this catagory.

Traffic congestion is not caused by people driving too slowly but by driving eratically. On the UK motorway most congestion is caused by people driving too quickly for the traffic conditions and then slamming the brakes on causing a ripple effect. Variable speed limit enforcement (like around birmingham) eases congestion as people stick to the lower limit whilst here is the threat of the cameras.

There is a general lack of consideration. How many people get aggressive towards cyclists, old drivers even road works purely due to the fact that they have been inconvenienced slightly.

You will never get rid of numpty drivers but if everyone were to drive considerately then the UK would be a much nicer place to drive.

It's when people become too "tolerant and considerate" that you end up with all these fcuktards on the roads... and same thing goes with all these fcukin do gooder judges that let criminals out...one judge did say that thieves are brave or something like that!...

I swear if one of those convicted BMW thieves had one hand cut off at trial, then we wouldn't have to buy disloks and chase BMW for a software update!!!

if someone is doing something wrong, then you have to let them know!!!...

like when someone stops his car on a double yellow line and other cars have to slow down and overtake the fcuker...why should I be delayed because some retarded donkey is not following traffic highway code?
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2012, 09:49 AM   #22
phil200tdi
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i M Sport E90 LCI manual

I'm saying we wouldnt have these problems if everyone were considerate of their actions. If the guy stopping on double yellows had been considerate then he wouldnt have parked there. There would be no problem.

I watched a 325i tailgate an old lady the other day on a duel carriage way. This pissed me off, she was doing over the limit and overtaking a line of lorries. Once she pulled over she looked shaken by it. I'm not proud to say, I returned the favour to see how he liked it, he didnt - tried to lose me, brake checked me, but resolutely didnt wish to pull over. When he did, I pulled in and slowed down. What did it achieve for either of us? I arrived about 15 seconds earlier to my destination furious and having burnt a few more litres of fuel - realising I had been a complete prick just like him!

For all the comments about poor women drivers, I bet you rarely face aggression from them. They tend to be much more tolerant and cautious. My girlfriend is a good driver, it pisses me off to think that she has to deal with aggression on the road - I bet many of you feel the same when it is your family but are much less tolerant of others..

"The tendency to aggression is an innate, independent, instinctual disposition in man... it constitutes the powerful obstacle to culture" Sigmund Freud