E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Afe or Supersprint

03-22-2015, 02:14 AM   #1
superduty
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E91 M Sport

Afe or Supersprint

I'm going to build my exhaust in two stages. First I'm going to delete the second cats. The second part of the exhaust will use a Supersprint mid section. I haven't decided on whether to use the Afe or the Supersprint cat delete pipes. My preference is use Supersprint pipes from the manifolds back to the muffler. The best price I've been able to find for the Supersprint cat delete pipes is from Turner. To get these from them Turner requires a signed waiver. Any body purchase these pipes from Turner? Any issues with the waiver? Any other competitively priced sources for the Supersprint cat delete pipes that don't ask for a waiver? TIA.
      03-22-2015, 05:59 AM   #2
Mike.
Mike: Everyone's Pal
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
2013 BMW 335xi  [10.00]
AFE are fine, most have them on here
      03-22-2015, 10:58 AM   #3
Tom Droze
Major
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 328i (e92)

Quote:
Originally Posted by superduty View Post
I'm going to build my exhaust in two stages. First I'm going to delete the second cats. The second part of the exhaust will use a Supersprint mid section. I haven't decided on whether to use the Afe or the Supersprint cat delete pipes. My preference is use Supersprint pipes from the manifolds back to the muffler. The best price I've been able to find for the Supersprint cat delete pipes is from Turner. To get these from them Turner requires a signed waiver. Any body purchase these pipes from Turner? Any issues with the waiver? Any other competitively priced sources for the Supersprint cat delete pipes that don't ask for a waiver? TIA.
I too was about to pull the trigger on the Supersprint mid section from Turner Motorsport, as $275 is a really good price. However, before I ordered, I sent them an email to inquire about the connecting pipe to see if it is needed for the e92 328i, which would add an additional $235 to the cost. Turner never responded to my email and I haven't had a chance to call them. It appears (and I could very well be wrong) that the Supersprint mid section they sell for the secondary cat delete is for the 128i and the 3 series will require the connecting pipe. At a minimum, I would call and ask them the question before ordering. The least expensive AFE mid pipe I can find is $390 with free shipping. If the Supersprint works without the connecting pipe I would not sweat over the waiver.

http://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-17...section-2.aspx
2012 Jet Black 328i Coupe / ESS Tuning Gen. 2 Supercharger / Evolution Racewerks Oil Cooler / BMS Oil Catch Can / BMW Performance Exhaust with Dinan Y Pipe / Eibach Pro Kit Springs / Koni FSD Shocks / MFactory LSD & Differential Bushings / Performance Rear Trailing Arms / BMW Performance Strut Brace / Stop Tech Slotted Rotors / Hawk HPS 5.0 / SS Brake Lines / Brass Guide Pins / M3 Front Control Arms, 28 MM FSB, Engine Cowl, and DCT Paddle Shifters / Michelin PSS / APEX ARC-8
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2015, 04:19 PM   #4
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

AFE

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2015, 09:24 PM   #5
superduty
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E91 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Droze View Post
I too was about to pull the trigger on the Supersprint mid section from Turner Motorsport, as $275 is a really good price. However, before I ordered, I sent them an email to inquire about the connecting pipe to see if it is needed for the e92 328i, which would add an additional $235 to the cost. Turner never responded to my email and I haven't had a chance to call them. It appears (and I could very well be wrong) that the Supersprint mid section they sell for the secondary cat delete is for the 128i and the 3 series will require the connecting pipe. At a minimum, I would call and ask them the question before ordering. The least expensive AFE mid pipe I can find is $390 with free shipping. If the Supersprint works without the connecting pipe I would not sweat over the waiver.

http://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-17...section-2.aspx
Yeah I noticed the same. The way I read the Turner web page is the E90/1 need the extra connecting pipes.
      03-23-2015, 11:09 PM   #6
Tom Droze
Major
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 328i (e92)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
AFE
I didn't see this product on your website:

http://afepower.com/shop/details_new...0L&&brandID=84
2012 Jet Black 328i Coupe / ESS Tuning Gen. 2 Supercharger / Evolution Racewerks Oil Cooler / BMS Oil Catch Can / BMW Performance Exhaust with Dinan Y Pipe / Eibach Pro Kit Springs / Koni FSD Shocks / MFactory LSD & Differential Bushings / Performance Rear Trailing Arms / BMW Performance Strut Brace / Stop Tech Slotted Rotors / Hawk HPS 5.0 / SS Brake Lines / Brass Guide Pins / M3 Front Control Arms, 28 MM FSB, Engine Cowl, and DCT Paddle Shifters / Michelin PSS / APEX ARC-8
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2015, 05:58 AM   #7
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Droze View Post
I didn't see this product on your website:

http://afepower.com/shop/details_new...0L&&brandID=84
You are correct we are missing quite a few afe products on our website, we will try our best to add them asap. That being said we do offer all AFE products (even non bmw ones) even if they are not on the website yet.

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0