E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N57 / M57 Turbo Diesel Discussions - 335d > Crankcase pressure & white smoke

06-28-2018, 11:26 AM   #23
32valves
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooLard View Post
Just to conclude, I got my car back last night and the valve cover gasket did indeed fix the problem, I am mighty pleased to say the least! The garage also replaced the inlet manifold gaskets which makes sense while it's apart. It was four hours labour but no charge for diagnosis as I asked them to do the specific job.
Thank you very much for all of the replies and input here, diagnosing a car online does seem like a bit of a gamble but in this example by giving enough detail and description it is possible.
Upon getting the car back I noticed that the idle is smoother and acceleration is smoother too, so for future reference if you have similar issues plus rough idle and rough acceleration then this gasket could be your issue.
Lastly, it looks like the garage didn't need to go near the underside of the car to do this job as there was still pools of oil in there and spatterings of oil on the underside of the car. So last night I spent two hours taking the understay off to wipe and clean it all as best as possible. I didn't really have strong enough chemicals for the job but the pools of oil are now gone.
Lol told you so...
Although was worse than yours cause I'm stage 3 my boost is much higher so much more of a mess...
Appreciate 0