E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > How to: QUADS for the n52. Pics.

06-27-2012, 08:22 AM   #23
N0OS3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by taranonline View Post
oh no.. THIS is where it's at!
http://www.electricsupercharger.com/test-results.html
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2012, 08:44 AM   #24
stevenc
Coming Soon
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4 Alphine White MT

Listen its clear that with all those boxes under the right side, there is simply impossible to do a true quad setup. The OP did what he had to in order to achieve the look he wanted.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2012, 09:17 AM   #25
N0OS3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenc View Post
Listen its clear that with all those boxes under the right side, there is simply impossible to do a true quad setup. The OP did what he had to in order to achieve the look he wanted.
you 'listen'... regardless if there's other parts in the way or not, they are still fake quads and still a poser's mod. (like sticking an "///M" logo on a non-M car)

Also, those boxes can be cut and/or moved away. The box in the middle is your trunk's emergency kit box... this can be unbolted and an aluminum plate be put in its place. Also, the box to the far right is the battery housing. You can take the battery and mount it some place else and just cut the box away...

A more effective way of making a quad exhaust from a single tube would be to run a y-pipe before the tips [on the driver's side]and route your pipe parallel to the bumper and connect the tips from there... probably would cost the same $100 for the same job, just more creative.

I'm kind of curious though, what was the muffler guy thinking when he made this? "Oh man... i can't believe this guy is doing THIS to his bimmer! Oh well, at least i'm getting paid..."

Last edited by N0OS3; 06-27-2012 at 09:22 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2012, 10:03 AM   #26
Mattshokri
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i space gray metallic

what kind of exhaust is that?
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2012, 10:44 AM   #27
carlos916
Semper Fi
United_States
Rep
Drives: E60 ///M5

Garage List
2008 E92 328i  [5.00]
Its not imposible to do quad or a dual set up with all that stuff back there .. Shoot this member did dual with a BMWPE!!!
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...=674077&page=3

Just ad two more tips and u git quad
      06-27-2012, 12:47 PM   #28
Hooy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 328i, E92 M3

Garage List
2008 E92 328  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by N0OS3 View Post
you 'listen'... regardless if there's other parts in the way or not, they are still fake quads and still a poser's mod. (like sticking an "///M" logo on a non-M car)

Also, those boxes can be cut and/or moved away. The box in the middle is your trunk's emergency kit box... this can be unbolted and an aluminum plate be put in its place. Also, the box to the far right is the battery housing. You can take the battery and mount it some place else and just cut the box away...

A more effective way of making a quad exhaust from a single tube would be to run a y-pipe before the tips [on the driver's side]and route your pipe parallel to the bumper and connect the tips from there... probably would cost the same $100 for the same job, just more creative.

I'm kind of curious though, what was the muffler guy thinking when he made this? "Oh man... i can't believe this guy is doing THIS to his bimmer! Oh well, at least i'm getting paid..."
Try not to judge before you know the facts. OP has a Magnaflow catback. He didn't want to alter it for resale AND convenience purposes.

And frankly, who gives a shit? It looks exactly the same. N52 exhaust isn't going to shake violently like a Corvette's would or anything, so it's unnoticeable even with throttle.

If you want to talk about "fake" mods, look at your own car and make a post about all the shitty replica parts you have on it. Don't have "real" wheels? Just save up the extra 3k they cost. This community thrives off of replicas and clever solutions.

The N52 powered BMW is slow. It will always be slow. After a tune, there's essentially no cost effective way to get power.. So we go cosmetic. Why go through all the extra BS to have "true" quads when it makes no difference in aesthetics, damages the value of his catback, and doesn't make it any faster or louder? Give me a break.
      06-27-2012, 12:50 PM   #29
boogiee90
POGI
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 06 E90 Jet black

Garage List
2006 e90  [5.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooy
Quote:

Try not to judge before you know the facts. OP has a Magnaflow catback. He didn't want to alter it for resale AND convenience purposes.

And frankly, who gives a shit? It looks exactly the same. N52 exhaust isn't going to shake violently like a Corvette's would or anything, so it's unnoticeable even with throttle.

If you want to talk about "fake" mods, look at your own car and make a post about all the shitty replica parts you have on it. Don't have "real" wheels? Just save up the extra 3k they cost. This community thrives off of replicas and clever solutions.

The N52 powered BMW is slow. It will always be slow. After a tune, there's essentially no cost effective way to get power.. So we go cosmetic. Why go through all the extra BS to have "true" quads when it makes no difference in aesthetics, damages the value of his catback, and doesn't make it any faster or louder? Give me a break.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2012, 01:04 PM   #30
adubey
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooy View Post

Don't listen to the negative feedback from some of the people I'm simply going to label haters. The outcome was what you wanted and it looks great IMHO especially as it is purely a COSMETIC mod.
      06-27-2012, 01:17 PM   #31
RWD Man
Dark Templar
Rep
Drives: E92

haha awesome man!... I have exactly the same "liar" setup...
even the dark tips
      06-27-2012, 01:34 PM   #32
boogiee90
POGI
Philippines
Rep

Garage List
2006 e90  [5.50]
Some serious haters issues here. Op we have the same rear setup minus the diffuser. Fck the quad haters
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2012, 01:44 PM   #33
e90pilot
Freight Dawg
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325i

Dinan's exhaust on the E46 M3 and E9X M3 both have fake tips. One pair of tips on te E46 is fake. You can only really tell if you look at the water vapor coming only from one side during a cold start. On the E9X, one tip on each pair is inactive. On both stock setups all tips were active but required lots of extra piping which increased weight and hurt efficiency. Dinan's setup is more free flowing but required it to be this way to get the results they wanted. Also on the E9X there was horrible drone when a y-pipe was used to make both tips on each pair active.

http://www.dinancars.com/university/
Click on "Dinan's E90-92 M3 Exhaust"
'06 Arctic Metallic 325i | Sport Package | 6MT | Dinan Stage III suspension | Dinan exhaust | 330i manifold swap! Click here! | Active Autowerke tune | 135i Brake Calipers | Deiselboost caliper brackets | E46 M3 front rotors
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2012, 01:57 PM   #34
Johnny D
Major
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i

Garage List
2006 BMW 325i  [9.16]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooy View Post

Well said!
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2012, 02:53 PM   #35
ramirez330i
MATTE
Rep
Drives: '13 VW Golf R

Quote:
Originally Posted by boogiee90 View Post
Some serious haters issues here. Op we have the same rear setup minus the diffuser. Fck the quad haters
HATERS GONNA HATE
      06-27-2012, 02:54 PM   #36
ramirez330i
MATTE
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattshokri View Post
Magnaflow catback #16539
      06-27-2012, 04:50 PM   #37
darkw1sh
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2002 E46 ///M3
Location: Los Angeles/Woodland Hills/Thousand Oaks/ ***Santa Cruz***

not hating just think that the OEM dual is what the 328i is about its a signature, if you like the quads, good. it doesnt look bad, but its not my cup of tea. Also I hate the dual set up that guy created that is just dumb and looks cheap, those connections and the way he routed that exhaust, once agian my opinion.

but if u like it by all means, rock it, not hating. Just opened the thread and i was expecting a quad on an n52, sound would probably be dull, i was surprised. anyways enjoy.

personally, probably more expensive, but i would rock something like this

PN: 51 12 2 147 973

Appreciate 0
      06-27-2012, 05:27 PM   #38
e90pilot
Freight Dawg
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkw1sh View Post
not hating just think that the OEM dual is what the 328i is about its a signature, if you like the quads, good. it doesnt look bad, but its not my cup of tea. Also I hate the dual set up that guy created that is just dumb and looks cheap, those connections and the way he routed that exhaust, once agian my opinion.
You really can't say you aren't hating and follow it up by a sentence that begins with "Also, I hate..." :-P
'06 Arctic Metallic 325i | Sport Package | 6MT | Dinan Stage III suspension | Dinan exhaust | 330i manifold swap! Click here! | Active Autowerke tune | 135i Brake Calipers | Deiselboost caliper brackets | E46 M3 front rotors
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2012, 06:33 PM   #39
ramirez330i
MATTE
Rep

Quote:
I think I will go this route actually...

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...source=message
      06-27-2012, 06:34 PM   #40
Mattshokri
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i space gray metallic

can you put a vid if u reving your car?? i want to hear the sound
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2012, 09:27 PM   #41
Pseudo Nim
twinborific
Rep
Drives: fast, sometimes slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by tororosso1 View Post
imo its a good setup.
for the looks of it
And its a good balance between performance vrs looks
plus, OP managed come up with a solution of not losing much low end torque performance...
to me spliting n52 to quads is even more of a fail due to not having torque at all LOL i mean minivan will probably keep up with it on exit power.
Um... what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattshokri View Post
It isn't. :]

Seriously, all of you guys who do this, why do you do this? Yes, it looks aggressive, but only until one realises it's a hoax (exactly, in fact, like the idiotic unplumbed IS-F exhausts - except I heard they improved them in the latest version?). As someone posted upthread, the 328 with the performance diffuser is a very pretty look, especially when painted to match the body. Fake quads can be even seen from a little bit below the car, why bother? Not that 335 owners are exempt from this criticism - I think even 335 quad mods look rather pathetic. I dunno. I just think the quad exhaust fascination should be confined to cars that actually benefit from it, and for cars that don't, people should focus on other aspects that make the car look good.

A fake Rolex, despite looking "good", is nevertheless fake, and shouldn't ever be defended as anything other than that. Just my, maybe unsolicited, two cents.

[edit] and btw, for what it's worth, really like the look of the car otherwise. I just think this is one mod you shouldn't have done - it's rice, and you're losing respect from anyone who knows anything about cars (which is your ideal appreciating audience). Anyhow - it's not like you can undo it now, but regardless.
      06-27-2012, 11:17 PM   #42
Torobimmer
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 Pre-LCI prem+sport 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim View Post
Um... what? .
inhibit exhaust gas scavenging, DUH!
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2012, 11:33 PM   #43
e90pilot
Freight Dawg
United_States
Rep

So is the E46 M3 rice? There is absolutely no need for a quad setup on that car. There is no need for a dual setup on a 335. There is no need for a quad setup on the e92 M3 or any M5 for that matter. BMW went out of thier way to make them have quad exhausts at the expense of weight and performance. And like I said above Dinan puts fake tips on thier exhausts because they don't want to loose the look.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2012, 01:19 AM   #44
boogiee90
POGI
Philippines
Rep

Garage List
2006 e90  [5.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by e90pilot View Post
So is the E46 M3 rice? There is absolutely no need for a quad setup on that car. There is no need for a dual setup on a 335. There is no need for a quad setup on the e92 M3 or any M5 for that matter. BMW went out of thier way to make them have quad exhausts at the expense of weight and performance. And like I said above Dinan puts fake tips on thier exhausts because they don't want to loose the look.
+111111

Bmw couldve made Production m3 exhaust like this....Fugly exhaust
Appreciate 0