E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic > Hunt Valley Cars & Coffee - Planning Thread

03-15-2012, 08:10 AM   #67
Wonka
Racer 5
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 E92 335i xDrive M Sport

Garage List
Facebook has received a nice bump in the past 2 days...

88 IN
31 MAYBE
...and those folks invited 122 others

If my summer wheel/tire install and alignment are on time today, I'll take a drive to Arena Motor Group for the 8x12 ad drop off. There are also 2 collections and an exotics repair shop that'll get visits on the way. If it does happen today, it'll be tomorrow afternoon.

There'll also be a visit to Greenberg and Gibbons in the next 72 hours to pick up the indemnity agreement for review. Chik-fil-A's involvement will also be a topic.

The Ferrari folks have 'broken the online ice' in regards to the C&C. Very nice.

Remember, if you are interested in attending, note your intentions on the Facebook page. Also, there will be a group page created in about 9 days so everyone can congregate in one long term location.

Thank you for the tremendous response. Continue to spread the word!

Represent e90Post!

Will
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 07:54 AM   #68
Spydeputy
Brigadier General
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2015 F23 M235i/2008,E90,335xi

Garage List
Cars & Coffee at Hunt Valley Town Center

Well, I got a 20' telescoping pole to display my BMW flag at the C & C. I'm just not sure yet how I'll get it to stand up. Maybe up thru the sun roof and somehow attached to the back of the passenger seat. If it's windy or inclement weather, no flag. 15 days and counting.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 09:05 AM   #69
Wonka
Racer 5
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spydeputy View Post
Well, I got a 20' telescoping pole to display my BMW flag at the C & C. I'm just not sure yet how I'll get it to stand up. Maybe up thru the sun roof and somehow attached to the back of the passenger seat. If it's windy or inclement weather, no flag. 15 days and counting.
I'm envisioning thick foam (or a towel) wrapped around the pole to secure it in the nearly-closed sunroof. Straps secure the pole to the cargo anchors and the...wait for it...cupholders and gas pedal. I believe that I mentioned the parking lot pole anchor that sits under the car tire.

For the non-Facebookers, here's yesterday's update...

Today was truly special day in Owings Mills. Allison Timms of Treasured Motorcar Services, Ltd. and Richard Garre of Radcliffe Motorcar Company are tremendous people and true credits to the automobile enthusiast community.

Allison and Richard not only have beautiful facilities and, of course, amazing vehicles but they are truly passionate about their craft. These are two of my favorite people from my Cars and Coffee travels. There were at least 10 times where I found my mouth hanging wide open due to the sheer diversity and history behind the cars and trucks. Allison and Richard, thank you once again. These visits will be remembered for a very long time.

Pictures from the day have been added to the photo warehouse. To top off the Owings Mills theme, a recent visit to Arena Motor Group is also captured in the pictures.

(You'll probably have to be a member of Facebook to see a picture link but I'm not sure. I'll move them to Photobucket eventually.)

Added note not posted on Facebook...Richard is my link to Ferrari Chat and the Filling Station C&C. He'll be bringing his Ferraris over time as well as some other cars. There'll be cross-promotion for the 5th Annual Vintage Ferrari/All Italian Car Event set for May 5. Go to the C&C and cruise to Owings Mills for the first tech session at 10 a.m.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 01:37 PM   #70
Spydeputy
Brigadier General
Germany
Rep

Garage List
Flag

Well, at least you didn't suggest I drill a hole thru the floor under the sunroof.

I'm envisioning thick foam (or a towel) wrapped around the pole to secure it in the nearly-closed sunroof. Straps secure the pole to the cargo anchors and the...wait for it...cupholders and gas pedal.

Last edited by Spydeputy; 03-16-2012 at 01:51 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 10:50 PM   #71
EngineCo52
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Montego 328xi CPE

hey Dave what time are you heading down there on the 31st

E9x Picture Game-8 Points-Roundabout, Something Remarkable(stack of 50 g's), Cruise Memorabilia, Dirt Road w/ Trees, Michael Jackson, Police Station ,Dress-Up Funny, TPMS
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2012, 05:55 AM   #72
Spydeputy
Brigadier General
Germany
Rep

Garage List
I want to be there by no later than 0700, Rich will be there a little earlier. We will have signs to but up. Check the cones security is putting up the night before and such. Are you working the night before ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EngineCo52 View Post
hey Dave what time are you heading down there on the 31st
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2012, 11:19 AM   #73
Wonka
Racer 5
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I want to be there by no later than 0700, Rich will be there a little earlier. We will have signs to but up. Check the cones security is putting up the night before and such. Are you working the night before ?
The plan for the Dave's BMW flag is 'under development'. Since we should be the only group with a flag at the first meet, its smart to get it high so other clubs can't even fathom employing more verticality down the road.

This morning while filling up at Shell in Hunt Valley, I met a local M3 owner that happens to know a few college-age enthusiasts from my neighborhood. Spreading the word with one can mean that another 10 spread the word.

There are more updates on the Facebook site. Check it out and note your intentions if you haven't already. Its Saturday. Its a commercialized holiday. For at least a few seconds today, get your dance on.

Appreciate 0
      03-18-2012, 12:02 PM   #74
Wonka
Racer 5
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Here are a recent update on the Facebook page...

3/16/12
After spending so much time traveling to Owings Mills to talk with car collectors and garage owners, I must pay respect to an absolutely fabulous set of roads. Greenspring Valley Road (east) to Falls Road (north) to Shawan Road (east) to Hunt Valley on warm, sunny day is tough to top.

Today, I spent a good amount of time with Randy Moss from Collectors Car Corral in Owings Mills. He's a true example of living it, breathing it and loving it. Randy provided so much quality information on the local car scene. His advice will help form the direction of Hunt Valley Cars and Coffee. It was truly an honor to spend part of the afternoon with Randy, his customers and of course, his cars.

Thank you to each and every one of the 127 people noting their interest. Continue to spread the word! March 31 is right around the corner!
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2012, 08:33 PM   #75
Wonka
Racer 5
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Here's an update that was first posted on 6speed...

Today, the indemnity agreement was acquired and it'll be reviewed by my 'indemnity agreement pro'. Also, I took a tour of the meeting area with a representative of Greenberg Gibbons Commercial. The expansion of business in the HVTC will cause our space to gradually shift over time but of course it'll remain in the Best Buy parking lot. A healthy Towne Centre contributes to the local economy and provides us with a steady meeting location. (insert thumbs up here)

For those that signed up on Facebook, be sure to check your accounts later this week for a notice of transition from an Event Page to a Group Page.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2012, 01:17 PM   #76
EngineCo52
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Montego 328xi CPE

Quote:
yeah i work the night before, so i should be heading down there just after 0700

E9x Picture Game-8 Points-Roundabout, Something Remarkable(stack of 50 g's), Cruise Memorabilia, Dirt Road w/ Trees, Michael Jackson, Police Station ,Dress-Up Funny, TPMS
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2012, 08:21 PM   #77
Wonka
Racer 5
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Its a desire that tomorrow will mark the signing of the indemnity agreement for the C&C. Good advice goes a long way. Parking issues have been settled. Its more of walk from Caribou but its the safest option for the cars due to construction at the end of the Caribou's block. There'll be 3 coffee options - Caribou, Panera and Chik-fil-A. Options are good...and essential for any proper Cars & Coffee.

Facebook Update:

127 "Going"
47 "Maybe"
149 "Invited"

Last edited by Wonka; 03-22-2012 at 08:26 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2012, 03:57 AM   #78
Wonka
Racer 5
United_States
Rep

Garage List
134 "Going"
47 "Maybe"
174 "Invited"

If you have already signed up on Facebook, join the long-term home of Hunt Valley Cars & Coffee.

If you are coming from the DC/NOVA area, join the BMW caravan.

If you are part of the BMW community are are attending from anywhere, let us know by joining the roster here.

6 days.

Will

UPDATE

In a few hours, the word is getting around...but more...

143 "Going"
50 "Maybe"
230 "Invited"

Last edited by Wonka; 03-25-2012 at 08:46 PM.. Reason: Same day stat update
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2012, 05:43 PM   #79
Wonka
Racer 5
United_States
Rep

Garage List