E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > My boy got smoked - t-bone steak served - dashcam inside

11-07-2012, 01:29 AM   #1
BigFoig
Banned
Rep
Drives: e92 335is

My boy got smoked - t-bone steak served - dashcam inside

[u2b]http://youtu.be/j_vP5HbaMqc[/u2b]

Becareful out there guys. Expecially with winter around the corner!
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2012, 01:31 AM   #2
BigFoig
Banned
Rep
Drives: e92 335is

Why is utube embedding not working
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2012, 04:53 AM   #3
ELITE_TRAYUNZE
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: AW 07 E90 328i Sport

drive defensively br0...too many idiots out there, have to always be ready to stop on the dime.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2012, 07:13 AM   #4
Revision2
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: JB 2011 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFoig View Post
Why is utube embedding not working
Try just putting the "j_vP5HbaMqc" between the U2B tags. Or use the long version of the link and paste the part after the "v=".
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2012, 08:06 AM   #5
DESI4life10
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: Coding: Desi4life10@gmail.com

Appreciate 0
      11-07-2012, 10:12 AM   #6
Andy M
Canada
Rep
Drives: 09 BMW 335i xdrive

Ouch. Hope you're ok? That was a pretty bad crash. And yeah that guy was completely at fault for not making a safe left turn. A lot of idiots on the road out there so you just have to be careful and assume everyone can't drive. Good thing you have a dash cam (it clearly shows 60 kmph on the bottom for those guys commenting on YouTube that you're speeding)
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2012, 10:25 AM   #7
drevil2k2
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 B9 A4

Ouch! Hope everyone is ok.

Happened to me last year. The other driver person making the (unsafe) left turn wanted to argue why I didn't yield to traffic already in the intersection.

With the weather and the time change, people are a little nutty.
      11-07-2012, 10:27 AM   #8
Andy M
Canada
Rep

Btw where was this? It looks like it's in Edmonton on 102 St NW / 13 Ave at South Edmonton Common (outside the Ikea parallel to Gateway Blvd). This area is a nightmare when it comes to drivers especially. I have a friend who was in an accident in that same area too.

Edit: Actually I took back my last comment about the speed limit. I'm 100% sure that the road's in Edmonton at South Edmonton Common. And I'm very sure the posted speed limit is 50 kmph in that area, not 60 kmph since it's a branch off Parsons Road (and I just checked using Google Maps).

Hope you both are ok but I think both of you were at fault in this sense. With the frozen pavement in Edmonton and video proof you were going 60 kmph (which according to your needle would show 65 kmph), your dash would show you were speeding 15 kmph over the limit with snow and ice on the ground. That being said, the other car should not have turned but I think you probably would have had time to brake or at least limit the damage if you were driving for the conditions and the speed limit.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=South...2,20.97,,0,8.4

Last edited by Andy M; 11-07-2012 at 10:49 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2012, 10:27 AM   #9
Havok_2011
Canada
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 2011 M3 Coupe

60km/h is pretty fast, what regular road has that speed limit?

The guy that is turning is at fault, but I can't say the guy driving with the cam was not careless. He changed lanes at the last minute to pass the guy turning in front of him, so the guy that hit him probably saw no one coming and began to turn as the driver with the cam switched lanes and tried to bolt through.

It's an unfortunate event, if the person with the cam slowed down a bit when changing lanes he might have seen the other guy coming.

Not sure, seems a little careless on both parties involved.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2012, 10:36 AM   #10
ASPEC135i
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: sideways always

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok_2011 View Post

The guy that is turning is at fault, but I can't say the guy driving with the cam was not careless. He changed lanes at the last minute to pass the guy turning in front of him, so the guy that hit him probably saw no one coming and began to turn as the driver with the cam switched lanes and tried to bolt through.

It's an unfortunate event, if the person with the cam slowed down a bit when changing lanes he might have seen the other guy coming.

+1 I agree with Havok.

Driver turning left probably didn't think the dashcam driver would switch away from the most right lane and not wait for the car in front of him to finish turning into the plaza.

Curious as to what the law would say about this, as the dashcam driver did switch lane and try to bolt through at the very last minute.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2012, 10:42 AM   #11
Andy M
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASPEC135i View Post
+1 I agree with Havok.

Driver turning left probably didn't think the dashcam driver would switch away from the most right lane and not wait for the car in front of him to finish turning into the plaza.

Curious as to what the law would say about this, as the dashcam driver did switch lane and try to bolt through at the very last minute.
Law always sides against the guy turning left unless there are witnesses or some sort of evidence to show that the guy going through was breaking the law and was doing something unsafe, then it might go 50/50.

Hate to say it OP but posting the video that shows you speeding actually works against your favor. I would probably take that down before the victim finds it and uses it against you...
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2012, 11:00 AM   #12
Havok_2011
Canada
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 2011 M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M View Post
Law always sides against the guy turning left unless there are witnesses or some sort of evidence to show that the guy going through was breaking the law and was doing something unsafe, then it might go 50/50.

Hate to say it OP but posting the video that shows you speeding actually works against your favor. I would probably take that down before the victim finds it and uses it against you...
I see my post has changed your tune

I was about to say your last post is completely different from your first posts, until I noticed you edited them
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2012, 11:45 AM   #13
Andy M
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I see my post has changed your tune

I was about to say your last post is completely different from your first posts, until I noticed you edited them
Haha yeah, I didn't realize what road that was on. I was thinking it was up in Vaughan but then I looked at it closer and I went "I know that road..."

Toronto posted speed limits are faster but that's because we don't get permafrost here.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2012, 02:12 PM   #14
BRAISKI
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 335xi e92 M-Pak

Garage List
2011 BMW 335xi  [7.00]
Quote:

Thats what I notice too, he seem was driving "fast" then did a quick lane change, the driver turning left saw "no one" then suddenly he pops out, unsafe lane change.

So OP your "boy" or kid. Might have a hard time with this.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2012, 06:09 PM   #15
Dr. G
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black e92 335i

Garage List
e92 BMW 335i  [8.84]
60km/h isn't really fast aren't most roads around 60-80 km/h? I guess it's in the city so it may be different.

Although he did switch lanes, he has all the right to switch lanes at anytime correct? It wasn't in the middle of an intersection or anything so I don't see why he shouldn't have changed lanes. The other driver wasn't being an aware driver.

When I make a turn I don't just look at the one car coming towards me, I usually scan out the whole area. How many times does someone pop on the right turn signal only to keep on going straight? Furthermore, one car slows down to make a right turn, but that does not mean that the car behind it will slow down as well, it will be coming at speed. I never trust a right turn signal and I always make sure someone doesn't make a lane change and pop out of nowhere. I even do the same thing when making a right turn and one lanes open but the lane beside it has a car coming in it because you never know when someone could switch lanes.

I see this so-called un-safe lane change everyday I don't see what's so surprising about it. People making a right turn slow down and the driver behind them always seems to switch lanes so that they can continue on without having to stop/slow down behind the person making a right turn. If this happened in the middle of an intersection it would be a different story.
JB4 / OSS Angel Eyes / Downpipes / F1-Racewerks FMIC / Custom Meth Kit / BMS DCI / ER Chargepipe / HKS BOV / BMS Meth Elbow / BMW Performance Exhaust / Carbon Fiber Inlay Quad Tips / 19" Miro 111 / Front Aero Lip / M3 Sides / VRS CSL Trunk / Mtech Rear / DD CF Quad Finned Diffuser / LCI Tails / BBK / Smoked Reflectors / F1 Euphoria LED Interior / License LED's / GT 5000k Corners / 5000k HID Fogs / Air Scoops / LED Turn Signals / FK Silverline Coilovers / HPA endlinks / Vibrant Resonators / Osram CBI 5000k D1S
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2012, 08:42 PM   #16
Mspeed_1
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: Car

holy shit bro, that looks rough, hope you recover quick!
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2012, 09:16 PM   #17
12beat
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: it's nice

That was hardly a t bone collision. That could have been avoided if he was patient enough and not speed around the car. Where did it happen....Markham?
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2012, 12:51 AM   #18
shaginwagon13
Chartered Accountant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i Coupe

Am I missing something because it's not illegal to change lanes unless you change lanes in an intersection. Even if 60km/h was speeding, the guy making the left has the responsibility to ensure the path is clear before he proceeds to make the turn.

I could be wrong, but thats my understanding of the law...
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2012, 08:47 AM   #19
bling_singh
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i

Garage List
2019 BMW 540i  [0.00]
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaginwagon13 View Post
Am I missing something because it's not illegal to change lanes unless you change lanes in an intersection. Even if 60km/h was speeding, the guy making the left has the responsibility to ensure the path is clear before he proceeds to make the turn.

I could be wrong, but thats my understanding of the law...
I think it's somewhere in between the two. Right of way was to the car in front of the OP's boy. After he makes his right turn, the window for a left turn has closed as the OP's boy is approaching the intersection.

Dude turning left was already attempting the turn while the car ahead was turning right. On top of that the driver does a very quick lane change without losing speed. Likely an unsafe move charge against the OP's boy and failure to yeild on a left turn against the white van/SUV.
      11-08-2012, 08:50 AM   #20
shaginwagon13
Chartered Accountant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bling_singh View Post
I think it's somewhere in between the two. Right of way was to the car in front of the OP's boy. After he makes his right turn, the window for a left turn has closed as the OP's boy is approaching the intersection.

Dude turning left was already attempting the turn while the car ahead was turning right. On top of that the driver does a very quick lane change without losing speed. Likely an unsafe move charge against the OP's boy and failure to yeild on a left turn against the white van/SUV.
Ya makes sense. All the posts above are valid, I was just under the impression no matter what the person making the left has to make sure the path is clear before he proceeds. Like I said I could be wrong, its good to know though.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2012, 01:36 PM   #21
Dr. G
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black e92 335i

Garage List
e92 BMW 335i  [8.84]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bling_singh View Post

This is my take: Already attempting a left means he failed to yield to oncoming traffic. He was making a left turn cutting through free flowing traffic and he needed to yield to both lanes of oncoming traffic not just one.

When you make a lane change you are not supposed to lose speed, that causes accidents so what he did was fine. His speed is shown at a constant 60 km/h meaning he did not accelerate in order to make the lane change.
JB4 / OSS Angel Eyes / Downpipes / F1-Racewerks FMIC / Custom Meth Kit / BMS DCI / ER Chargepipe / HKS BOV / BMS Meth Elbow / BMW Performance Exhaust / Carbon Fiber Inlay Quad Tips / 19" Miro 111 / Front Aero Lip / M3 Sides / VRS CSL Trunk / Mtech Rear / DD CF Quad Finned Diffuser / LCI Tails / BBK / Smoked Reflectors / F1 Euphoria LED Interior / License LED's / GT 5000k Corners / 5000k HID Fogs / Air Scoops / LED Turn Signals / FK Silverline Coilovers / HPA endlinks / Vibrant Resonators / Osram CBI 5000k D1S
Appreciate 0