E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > '10 CIC iDrive crashing?

11-06-2011, 03:58 PM   #1
Exwoodchuck
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

'10 CIC iDrive crashing?

OK, this has happened 4x now. I was playing music off the HD, when it stopped-- I could scroll to the next track, but it wouldn't play it. If I went to Nav, it would say it was unavailable. Also, Contacts wouldn't work. Radio/SAT would play-- within a few min it will go to Red Screen of Death, then reboot to the BMW logo. Nav/Music Collection/Contacts would work again within 10min or so, and work fine until the next time this happens.

So what say ye? Failing HD? It's under warranty and I've already made an appointment to get it looked at. Yes, I know how to reset it, but that makes no difference-- it will reboot fine and work until it decides it doesn't want to anymore.

Appreciate 0
      11-13-2011, 03:28 PM   #2
Exwoodchuck
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

OK, got word back from the dealer-- CIC failed, and has been replaced. Too bad programming it failed, or I'd have the car back by now. Do'h!!!
Appreciate 0