E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Thoughts please, on whether to delay production

02-22-2007, 07:21 AM   #1
Iceberg
Engaged
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 335xi

Question Thoughts please, on whether to delay production

Greetings all!

First, let me say Thank You to the posters on this forum for helping me decide on my perfect car and mods.

And thus, I would like to ask for for your opinion about a situation I have found myself in:

Background:
Deployed for military, returning to states (MD) Sep 30. I have left my '97 528i with my parents to take care of, (e.g. Mom - Baby the car and show off to family, Dad - Fly like a bat out of hell on the mountain roads of Virginia), knowing that I would end up giving it to them and buying a new 335Xi (see sig).

I have ordered my new car through Pentagon Car Sales, and tried to time it so that the car would be fresh and new when I get home. However, I just rec'd my order email saying "Your new BMW has been allocated factory production # 3185620 and is scheduled to be produced in the Week of the 05.March 2007" which I assume means March 5th. I figure it would take about two weeks to build (+/-). Then, if I add on eight weeks for shipping to the east coast and delivery to dealer, I'm looking at my car arriving in late May.

Facts:
1) The car is being financed through NFCU, and thus will be paid for already.
2) I have not had any contact with BMW of Bel Air, the receiving dealer, in any part of this process.

Dilemma:
1) What risks are there involved in my car sitting at a dealer until Oct 01?
2) How many miles should I expect to see on the odometer?

That said, please share your thoughts.
V/R,
Iceberg
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2007, 08:34 AM   #2
matt_435xi
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Perfomance Model 3

Garage List
if your car starts production march 5, it will be at your dealer in april. not sure about your dealer, but mine will not hold a car for more then 60 days. lot space is valuable.

*RETIRED* 2015 435xi GC [f36] | 2012 335i [f30] | 2009 z4 35i [e89] | 2007 335i coupe [e92] | 2001 325Ci [e46] *RETIRED*
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2007, 01:05 PM   #3
Iceberg
Engaged
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 335xi

Cancelled order

Spoke with admin at PentCarSales and we agreed that I'll cancel my order and re-order in May. Thanks for your advice!
Appreciate 0