E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Jb4 no lift shift install

03-30-2016, 06:34 PM   #1
Bmwfixerguy
Banned
Rep
Drives: 07 335i 6sp

Jb4 no lift shift install

So I just ordered and received the JB for no lift shift relay I wanted to install it this weekend and I noticed on the burger Motorsports page it says BMS data cable required now I'm looking at the install instructions it says that you need a bms data cable I don't know what I'm missing here but I don't really see what the cables for, does it stay inside the box can I just make my own jumper why do I need to hack up the data cable to install this?

I don't own a data cable but my budy does? I thought on the site where it say bms data cable required that is was for settings purposes...

I'm reallyyyyyy bummed here for a few reasons.. One the vagueness of why it's needed, two I can't get it by this weekend!

Can I use any old cable for this I'm not buying g a 35 dollar cable just to cut it up.. Tell me what I'm missing here
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2016, 06:42 PM   #2
theweebabySeamus
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmwfixerguy View Post
So I just ordered and received the JB for no lift shift relay I wanted to install it this weekend and I noticed on the burger Motorsports page it says BMS data cable required now I'm looking at the install instructions it says that you need a bms data cable I don't know what I'm missing here but I don't really see what the cables for, does it stay inside the box can I just make my own jumper why do I need to hack up the data cable to install this?

I don't own a data cable but my budy does? I thought on the site where it say bms data cable required that is was for settings purposes...

I'm reallyyyyyy bummed here for a few reasons.. One the vagueness of why it's needed, two I can't get it by this weekend!

Can I use any old cable for this I'm not buying g a 35 dollar cable just to cut it up.. Tell me what I'm missing here
A lot of punctuation and grammar, for starters. But to the point, I think they offer rush shipping on those cables? Not sure if just any cable will work OP, but I doubt it.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2016, 06:54 PM   #3
Bmwfixerguy
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by theweebabySeamus View Post
A lot of punctuation and grammar, for starters. But to the point, I think they offer rush shipping on those cables? Not sure if just any cable will work OP, but I doubt it.
Thank you I will ask my friend if I can have his then buy him a new one.. It was talk to text with a baby in my other arm.. I never recognizes my periods ect
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2016, 07:30 PM   #4
dreyo27
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i e92

i instal myne nd if I remamabar once pin go 2 ze BMD DATA conectorrr.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2016, 08:10 PM   #5
Bmwfixerguy
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreyo27 View Post
i instal myne nd if I remamabar once pin go 2 ze BMD DATA conectorrr.
Grammer homos are annoying.. One either don't have kids and get to sit on the toilet and type all day and night or two don't take care of a two year old on there own...

If you did, that's impeccable spelling and Grammer for having a squirmy toddler putting stickers on your phone while you type...
Appreciate 0