E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > JB4 custom map/backend flash question

03-15-2016, 11:47 PM   #1
aaron_
Captain
Rep
Drives: E93 335i LCI

JB4 custom map/backend flash question

Hi guys, cant seem to find the answer to this so thought id ask here.

currently my N55 has JB4 G5, FMIC, sealed CAI and a charge pipe installed. custom catless downpipes and catback exhaust is in the works (but have to wait till after my holiday mid year). i'll have a cat in the mid pipe to take care of the smell whilst still decreasing spool time. I know the jb4 will take care of the CEL light, and I like the integration of meth (as I'm 50% wanting it before the year is out) but id also like a custom ECU remap done on the dyno by http://www.internationalautohaus.com...eries%203.html

my question is, is the "custom map" setting on the jb4 a way to get that company to tune my car on the dyno, whilst still having the meth integration and CEL cancellationthe jb4 enables?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2016, 11:55 PM   #2
_ink
Jedi samurai ninja turtle
Australia
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i 2018

Garage List
2018 X3 M40i  [0.00]
I don't think the n55 is able to achieve this?
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2016, 12:02 AM   #3
aaron_
Captain
Rep
Drives: E93 335i LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ink View Post
I don't think the n55 is able to achieve this?
dam

so how would I go about adding meth, getting the custom dyno tune and deleting the CEL light?

meth is only a maybe but, and if the custom tune improves driveability and response, and the BMS CEL delete works then I could forgo meth...............
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2016, 12:08 AM   #4
_ink
Jedi samurai ninja turtle
Australia
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i 2018

Garage List
2018 X3 M40i  [0.00]
You can still run meth with the JB4, have you considered e85?

I'm not entirely across what is happening on the n55 side though, so not sure what flash options you have.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2016, 01:56 AM   #5
bradsm87
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: F25 LCI xDrive30d

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron_ View Post
Hi guys, cant seem to find the answer to this so thought id ask here.

currently my N55 has JB4 G5, FMIC, sealed CAI and a charge pipe installed. custom catless downpipes and catback exhaust is in the works (but have to wait till after my holiday mid year). i'll have a cat in the mid pipe to take care of the smell whilst still decreasing spool time. I know the jb4 will take care of the CEL light, and I like the integration of meth (as I'm 50% wanting it before the year is out) but id also like a custom ECU remap done on the dyno by http://www.internationalautohaus.com...eries%203.html

my question is, is the "custom map" setting on the jb4 a way to get that company to tune my car on the dyno, whilst still having the meth integration and CEL cancellationthe jb4 enables?

Thanks
It doesn't look like a truly custom map, but instead, they can flash one of three maps, as provided by this company:

http://www.evotech.de/entwicklung/ko...main/index.php

Yes, the JB4 should operate better in conjunction with the flash tune compared to no flash tune. The other option is to buy a Cobb AP for flashing only in conjunction with the JB4.
Appreciate 0