E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Paralyzed vet, Ordered My new 335i

02-08-2007, 11:00 PM   #1
RokX
'07 E92 335i SOLD
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 Jeep SRT8, SC'd '06 GTO

Talking Paralyzed vet, Ordered My new 335i

I finally went in and ordered my new 335i yesterday, and let me tell ya. I'm more excited about this one then the first time when I went in and ordered my 330! You all know, its always a great experience filling that paperwork out. 335i coupe, TiAG, fully loaded, WOOT!

I have been reading these forums for a while now, but never post. Haven't had the need! I would just like to thank many of the members for their help in answering my questions even thought they didn't even know they were. The search button is a great thing! (hint, hint, for some..........) But many thanks to the other members and their knowledge

I'm in such a good mood right now I just had to post. I had to I also wanted to let you guys know that even though I am a paraplegic (I was wounded in Afghanistan and shot 3 times, one paralyzing me which may explain the avatar) I didn't let that stop me from getting the Ultimate Driving Machine and not some crappy van like many people thought I would have to settle for With an injury like this, driving my beamer is one of the greatest things! There are a number of us driving around and you probably dont even know it Not to mention I get out of tickets pretty easy with the collapsed wheelchair in the front seat and purple heart plates (2 tickets out of 11 traffic stops haha)

Again thanks all for the info and can't wait for delivery day!
      02-08-2007, 11:12 PM   #2
IrvRobinson
Banned
Rep
Drives: X3

Congrats on your new baby,you deserve it,you know be the pround owner of the ultimate driving machine.Now don't forget to join the BMWCCA.org so on your next purchase or lease ,being a member for 12 months prior,you'll get 500 back on a 3 series,and !k on an X5 or a 5 series.You will also get mailings for the Local Chapter and will have the opportunity to get involved with the car club,it's a nice group of people.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2007, 12:01 AM   #3
S4to335
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Audi A4 / 91 Track Miata

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RokX View Post
I finally went in and ordered my new 335i yesterday, and let me tell ya. I'm more excited about this one then the first time when I went in and ordered my 330! You all know, its always a great experience filling that paperwork out. 335i coupe, TiAG, fully loaded, WOOT!

I have been reading these forums for a while now, but never post. Haven't had the need! I would just like to thank many of the members for their help in answering my questions even thought they didn't even know they were. The search button is a great thing! (hint, hint, for some..........) But many thanks to the other members and their knowledge

I'm in such a good mood right now I just had to post. I had to I also wanted to let you guys know that even though I am a paraplegic (I was wounded in Afghanistan and shot 3 times, one paralyzing me which may explain the avatar) I didn't let that stop me from getting the Ultimate Driving Machine and not some crappy van like many people thought I would have to settle for With an injury like this, driving my beamer is one of the greatest things! There are a number of us driving around and you probably dont even know it Not to mention I get out of tickets pretty easy with the collapsed wheelchair in the front seat and purple heart plates (2 tickets out of 11 traffic stops haha)

Very cool...cant wait to get mine. BTW, this is a friend of mine that is a paraplegic as well. He drives this stage 3 Audi S4 with 305mm wide tires all around. If you need help with some custom hand controls...let me know..and I will get you in contact with him. He is in Davis CA. He recently has been encouraging a number of paraplegics to do the high performance driving schools...there were 2-3 at our last event. If youre up for it...try to make it out to one of the Audi club events in NorCal...we would be glad to teach you the ropes. I have been an instructor for the Audi club for the past 9 years.

Appreciate 0
      02-09-2007, 12:33 AM   #4
Ado
King Kong
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Welcome RokX,

Glad you decided to post, it's great having ya year I hope you enjoy the ride as much as all the other guys.

Seeing your great record of not getting tickets I think you may enjoy it a little bit more then some of us .
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2007, 12:52 AM   #5
shadowcoder
Captain
Greece
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Welcome to the group RokX. Congrats on ordering your car I hope you
post some pictures when you get it.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2007, 01:03 AM   #6
Zeiss
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bicycle

Welcome to the boards sir. Congrats on the order
So now then, let the waiting game begin
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2007, 02:03 AM   #7
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

:rocks: :rocks:
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2007, 02:41 AM   #8
jhalbri
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2002 330ci to 2007 328xi

Thanks for your service and you are getting a great car.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2007, 03:10 AM   #9
THE JEDI
Major
Rep
Drives: 2005 Z4 2.5i

From a former Devil Dog, I say to you thank you, and that our troops no matter what an idiot we have in the white house. Our men and women are truly the "GREATEST ASSET" this country has. Ohh Rah and Semper Fi.

The Jedi
Okinawa Japan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RokX View Post

Appreciate 0