E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > BT tool Enthusiast version... commands?

03-15-2014, 12:20 PM   #1
AviatorBimmer
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i E92

BT tool Enthusiast version... commands?

I want to reset adaptations such as air control, throttle valve, fuel/air and secondary air injection as per Mike's recommendations.

I have a BT tool cable and software which shows me the commands and even when I click on SEND for each adaptation I want to reset, it says "Working please wait...", then it says "Command sent successfully".

My question is... Did it really reset it? According to BT's website, it says you cannot send commands with the enthusiast version.

I wonder if the software is just going through the motions but nothing is being resetted.

Can someone please shed some light on this?

If it is not resetting, then I guess I will have a BT tool enthusiast version for sale today.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2014, 12:45 PM   #2
fmonteiro444
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 23 M3 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AviatorBimmer View Post
I want to reset adaptations such as air control, throttle valve, fuel/air and secondary air injection as per Mike's recommendations.

I have a BT tool cable and software which shows me the commands and even when I click on SEND for each adaptation I want to reset, it says "Working please wait...", then it says "Command sent successfully".

My question is... Did it really reset it? According to BT's website, it says you cannot send commands with the enthusiast version.

I wonder if the software is just going through the motions but nothing is being resetted.

Can someone please shed some light on this?

If it is not resetting, then I guess I will have a BT tool enthusiast version for sale today.
I've done it with this cable and it resets every time. When I reset my air fuel adaptations I knew it right when I started the car. It ran like crap for the first few minutes.

23 M3 Competition - Stock
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2014, 01:32 PM   #3
AviatorBimmer
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmonteiro444 View Post
I've done it with this cable and it resets every time. When I reset my air fuel adaptations I knew it right when I started the car. It ran like crap for the first few minutes.
What really got me doubting is the fact that I had tried resetting the transmission adaptation and even though it said completed, the car still ran the same. Very "heavy" when accelerating from a standstill and crappy throttle response.

Just 10 minutes ago, I did the transmission reset via the gas pedal to the floor for 30 seconds procedure. The car even gave out the little chime indicating the tranny was resetted and when I gave the car a test drive, difference was NIGHT and DAY! Feels like a new car now. This means that the tranny reset via the cable did not work even though the software said it did.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2014, 01:36 PM   #4
fmonteiro444
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 23 M3 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AviatorBimmer View Post
What really got me doubting is the fact that I had tried resetting the transmission adaptation and even though it said completed, the car still ran the same. Very "heavy" when accelerating from a standstill and crappy throttle response.

Just 10 minutes ago, I did the transmission reset via the gas pedal to the floor for 30 seconds procedure. The car even gave out the little chime indicating the tranny was resetted and when I gave the car a test drive, difference was NIGHT and DAY! Feels like a new car now. This means that the tranny reset via the cable did not work even though the software said it did.
That's bizarre. I have no idea what the issue would be.

23 M3 Competition - Stock
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2014, 01:58 PM   #5
AviatorBimmer
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmonteiro444 View Post
That's bizarre. I have no idea what the issue would be.
Yea man

Why would BT even say on their website that their Enthusiast Version does NOT allow for commands to be sent. Unless their software like I said earlier, is going through the motions but nothing is really being sent.

I will call them on Monday and get the answer straight from them.
Appreciate 0