E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Bluetooth phone reception --> WTF?

12-14-2011, 02:23 PM   #1
dinkoh
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 e90 lemon/black

Bluetooth phone reception --> WTF?

I had great bluetooth phone reception on my '07 E90 with my EVO phone. I recently upgraded my phone to the EVO 3D, and now my reception is god awful.

I can hear the other person clearly, but everyone complains that my reception appears garbled or cuts off. My phone reception is pretty good, and it doesn't appear to be the phone itself since I can talk on the phone without bluetooth just fine in the car.

Any ideas?
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2011, 12:59 PM   #2
Denny347
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 E90

I know that my reception is horrible when my WiFi is turned on. For some reason, when my phone is searching for WIFI, my reception is terrible. SO bad, no one can hear me. Turn off Wifi and all is back to normal. Funny thing is that I installed a new cardock program from app store and it automatically shuts off WiFi when it is engaged so it would prevent possible interference.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2011, 03:14 PM   #3
dinkoh
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 e90 lemon/black

Someting is wrong with the bluetooth connection with my car and Evo3D. Seems to be there regardless of WiFi though.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2011, 04:59 PM   #4
zivyn
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: for enjoyment

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinkoh View Post
I had great bluetooth phone reception on my '07 E90 with my EVO phone. I recently upgraded my phone to the EVO 3D, and now my reception is god awful.

I can hear the other person clearly, but everyone complains that my reception appears garbled or cuts off. My phone reception is pretty good, and it doesn't appear to be the phone itself since I can talk on the phone without bluetooth just fine in the car.

Any ideas?
If it worked before you changed phones I'd try the old one again, if that's working fine you might have a BT or software problem with the new phone.

If the problem persists with the old phone that used to work fine then something may have come loose or gone bad. My BT module went bad and had to be replaced. (Good thing it was under warranty because they had to check the whole segment of wire that runs from the drivers footwell to the trunk!)
Appreciate 0