E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > How can I Power my Factory speakers?

12-12-2011, 06:44 PM   #1
Titanium3Series
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

How can I Power my Factory speakers?

Here is my demilma.

Im about to purchase an Dvnavin e9x navi. My car has the logic7 and i have read about relocating the head unit to the trunk or where ever and I understand what is involved to retain chimes, etc.

My next question is I am in need of an amp(s). Does anyone know what options i have to be able to power all or most of the speakers? I am not a real audio buff, so I am not looking to spend insane amounts of money but i do want it to sound decent with some tuning.

I have seen 6 channel amps, or maybe could run multiple 4-ch amps. What would be a good cost effective way of getting power to my speakers? thank you
      12-12-2011, 10:39 PM   #2
pkirk
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 328XI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanium3Series View Post
Here is my demilma.

Im about to purchase an Dvnavin e9x navi. My car has the logic7 and i have read about relocating the head unit to the trunk or where ever and I understand what is involved to retain chimes, etc.

My next question is I am in need of an amp(s). Does anyone know what options i have to be able to power all or most of the speakers? I am not a real audio buff, so I am not looking to spend insane amounts of money but i do want it to sound decent with some tuning.

I have seen 6 channel amps, or maybe could run multiple 4-ch amps. What would be a good cost effective way of getting power to my speakers? thank you
I'm using a JL XD600/6 and love it! Went from professional to the aftermarket amp/dynavin. No direct tuning capabilities - I've almost pulled the trigger on Audiocontrol DQXS but am actually quite happy with the quality and control of sound through frequency distribution.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2011, 12:14 AM   #3
ctuna
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 325xi 06 wagon MT

Example of a L7 retrofit

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=590420

The above would power all your existing speakers and give you surround sound
but its not real cheap.

Last edited by ctuna; 12-13-2011 at 12:20 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2011, 01:11 PM   #4
Titanium3Series
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkirk View Post
I'm using a JL XD600/6 and love it! Went from professional to the aftermarket amp/dynavin. No direct tuning capabilities - I've almost pulled the trigger on Audiocontrol DQXS but am actually quite happy with the quality and control of sound through frequency distribution.
Thats kinda what i am looking to do. If you dont mind me asking how did you wire all the speakers to the 6 channels, and did you hook up your center Dash speaker? Or the tweeters in the doors?

I am also thinking a 6 ch and a small 2 ch for the under seat subs, but i dunno if i want 3 amps, because i also have one for my sub already.
      12-16-2011, 11:17 AM   #5
pkirk
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 328XI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanium3Series View Post
Thats kinda what i am looking to do. If you dont mind me asking how did you wire all the speakers to the 6 channels, and did you hook up your center Dash speaker? Or the tweeters in the doors?

I am also thinking a 6 ch and a small 2 ch for the under seat subs, but i dunno if i want 3 amps, because i also have one for my sub already.
My system does not have the center channel speaker. Not sure what the best approach to that would be, other than ommiting it.

Tweeters are run from the main speaker signals. I have front l/r, rear l/r, and sub l/r for 6 channels. That accounts for all 10 speakers, including tweeters.

I'm running sws-8 underseat subs and the amp has no problem with power.
Appreciate 0