E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > IPhone Station audio issues

12-14-2011, 03:11 PM   #1
boxim
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 AW E92 Xdrive

IPhone Station audio issues

I ordered an OEM part (BMW Part 84 21 2 219 219) the BMW station for Apple Iphone, this product is not sold in North America yet.
It may be that it is only available in Germany. I had the product installed by an authorized BMW dealer, but am having issues with the quality of the audio. Music sounds like my speakers are blown. Goes from low to high pitch depending on what part of the song is playing. Song levels are completely off. I tried adjusting the settings on the radio and iphone, to no avail. What is interesting as well is the fact now the aux jack in the center console which played fine before is emitting the same quality sound now that the station is installed.

I think it’s probably an issue with the coding, I don’t see it being an issue with the actual station since the connection is analog.
I was hoping to get some information for my dealer on troubleshooting the issue, or coding the product, maybe an update is required that isn’t available in Canada yet?

I drive a 2007 BMW 328xi coupe
Any information will be greatly appreciated
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2011, 08:19 PM   #2
taibanl
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

As discussed over the phone, its not coding. Coding has nothing to do with the analog signal.

You're just going to have to be firm and make the dealer retrace their steps.

There shouldn't be any "splicing" of wires as mentioned in the xbimmers thread. There is a single wire TAP using an included wire tap but that isn't in the audio wiring.

In reality, this should be too too hard to trace. look at the wiring diagram in the posted instructions and follow any audio leads from their source to termination point.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2011, 10:36 PM   #3
boxim
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 AW E92 Xdrive

im gonna take the car in on monday they're gonna have a look at it. last night i adjusted the orientation and it was playing properly until i changed it again, haven't been able to replicate.

I appreciate all Tai
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2011, 01:30 PM   #4
taibanl
Brigadier General
Rep

You might pull the dash trim to see if they crimped wired. Its a tight fit. I also forgot to leave enough slack to rotate initially.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2011, 07:17 PM   #5
taibanl
Brigadier General
Rep

Btw. How did coding work out? What does it do?
Appreciate 0