E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Lease pricing?

12-01-2007, 02:16 AM   #23
MAZNG
I found Jesus...He was Hiding behiind my Sofa
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 MW F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaZin View Post

So your saying put the 5k in lets say a 5.5% CD and at the end of the term i will be in the +side?
You'll never be on the "plus" side of any lease (perhaps 1:1,000,000). However, let's say your MF (money factor/ interest rate) on your lease equates to 6% and you've had your $5K earning 5.5%, $5K worth of payments would have only cost you .5%.

There are many variables that would affect your net expense (e.g. credit rating, tier, early termination fees, mileage, etc.), but my example above is a quick example of what I was referring to.

The choice is yours. Just keep in mind that dealers are there to make $$$... yours! IMO A lot of consumers do not or cannot comprehend the concept I've described or they're convinced by the dealer to put large amounts of money down to "help" keep their monthly payment within their budget. It's still YOUR money, just don't blow it on something else.

It is ALWAY beneficial for THEM to have YOU put as much cash down as possible - it's instant cash flow for them. No waiting on allotments, bank wires, etc.

I'm always scratching my head as to why so many people do not grasp the concept or lack the will power to make their money work for THEM. Mortgage payments is another example. People pay (sometimes tens of thousands) escrows to pay their property taxes, haz. insurance, etc. However, if you pay these items yourself, the money would be earning interest for you - not your bank/ mort. company.

I guess I'm bringing this up because of a recent convo. with people at work. The #1 response was "If I have to save the money to pay for it myself, I'll probably spend it on something else". No self control

By the way, the last 8 of my leased cars have been with ZERO $ out of my pocket - I'll usually have the stealer pick up/ absorb the tag/reg. fees as well. It will take some time & research, but making/ saving money usually will. Probably one more reason why I love buying BMWs, cuz I found a dealer/CA that knows what I want and what he has to do to keep me loyal.

oh well, my rant is over - GL

Last edited by MAZNG; 12-01-2007 at 02:32 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2007, 04:14 PM   #24
asif163
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '19 M5C, '23 X7 LCI

I just ordered my car last week and I'm paying $660/mo with a $1300 cap cost reduction ($4k out of pocket total). The MSRP for my car was $48,950 but, I got the CA down to about $46,500. My car included almost everything you have (no comfort access) plus the premium package.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2007, 09:04 PM   #25
JoeClothing
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E60 M5

please tell me what your technique is for getting the dealer to absorb the taxes and tags. That is something they have to pay, so how are you able to do this?
Appreciate 0