E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Quick question regarding Tuning Procede Flash to other tuner.

04-17-2015, 08:03 AM   #1
matthewo
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quick question regarding Tuning Procede Flash to other tuner.

Hi Everyone, I am a new owner of a used 335i coupe that I bought from a member of this forum. the car is FBO and a blast to drive. I hope to get to know everyone here and post more often. I have been a very active member on car forums in the past when owning other cars and found them to be great asset and I hope I helped out as well.

So on to my questions. I am learning what I can as I go regarding these cars, I guess you can call me a newbie at this point.

The car has procede v5 rev3, and a procede flash. it also has Vishnu trunk mounted methanol kit along with other bolt on such as downpipes, diverter valves, dual intakes and helix IC.

I do like the power the methanol supplies in the map, but in the future I may want to remove it and am thinking about going straight 93 oct, or 93 oct. and around 25%-30% e85. I know I may loose some power on straight 93oct. and may gain a little bit depending on e85 mixture and tune not a huge deal either way.

the question is with a procede flash, I assume this wouldn't allow me to use JB4 or Cobb, without having another flash done, and I assume this would mean sending the DME to someone to have it done, or will a procede flash integrate with JB4 or other. I know I will loose my methanol control that is integrated into procede, but I will just do away with it anyways.

anything you can help me with would be great, I would probably just sell the procede and the meth kit, I know they don't bring much anymore.

Last edited by matthewo; 04-17-2015 at 08:11 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2015, 09:51 AM   #2
JamesM3M5
Some dude
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

You can have any shop with Autologic and BMW support flash back to stock. There may be other ways with non-dealer tools as well, but I only have experience with the Autologic.

I loved the Procede + meth on my 335. Excellent power and reliability. Only thing that goes wrong is the damn flow sensor craps out. Otherwise it was set it and forget it.
      04-17-2015, 02:57 PM   #3
matthewo
First Lieutenant
Rep

Hmm, after some searching it looks like there is a Vishnu Flex Fuel sensor kit, that might be my best bet, just trade out the methanol injection kit for the flex fuel kit.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2015, 03:28 PM   #4
Ilma
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

I also still run a procede with meth integration and it has served well over the years.

But there is just no more active support or development by Vishnu anymore.....so if anything happens or you just need basic tuning support....it won't be there.

If you are going the E85 route and ditching meth.....I would go with a flash tune and custom tuning.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2015, 10:03 PM   #5
matthewo
First Lieutenant
Rep

I think I want to go lastest JB4 but im not sure how I would overwrite the procede flash? I would have to see if the pervious owner of the car still has the stock file, I don't know if Vishnu sends the stock file back to the owner when they flash the DME.

I guess the only option if I wanted to DIY is the open flash with a cable of some sort and JB4, heck even if I could get the stock flash back on I could just run the JB4 by itself as I am just full bolt on, and would just run a map that works good up to about 30% e85
Appreciate 0