E90Post

N54Tuning.com

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Audi Q5 or RR Evoque or??

03-27-2013, 02:15 PM   #45
ghosty
Lieutenant

Drives: e92 335d se

Garage List
2008 335d SE  [0.00]
How comes no ones mentioned a merc ML after so many posts. Are they really THAT bad?
ghosty is offline   United Kingdom
      03-27-2013, 05:05 PM   #46
Mike in Hampshire
Lieutenant

Drives: None at present!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosty View Post
How comes no ones mentioned a merc ML after so many posts. Are they really THAT bad?
I looked at one in the MB showroom; very nice interior - this was a ML250.
BUT....43k for a four pot 2.1 litre diesel, eek! And if you add on Command and heated seats, better sound system etc. you're well towards high 40's which I could never justify. Perhaps you can get giant discounts? Not sure because the MB sales staff completely ignored me........
Think the body shape is ugly too. The car I mean, not the sales staff! Actually, now I think back.......
Mike.
      03-28-2013, 06:37 AM   #47
Guvernator
Captain

Drives: BMW 335i SE Cabriolet

ML's do seem to suffer from savage depreciation so a 2 year old example might actually be a good idea. They aren't very good to drive though apparently and don't get great reviews. A friend owns one so I might need to borrow it for a test drive.
      03-28-2013, 10:34 AM   #48
CHG
Lieutenant

Drives: A Variety of 4 Wheeled Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guvernator View Post
ML's do seem to suffer from savage depreciation so a 2 year old example might actually be a good idea. They aren't very good to drive though apparently and don't get great reviews. A friend owns one so I might need to borrow it for a test drive.
I've never been a fan of the ML but have never driven one.

The GL on the other hand is one of the best driving 4x4's I've ever driven...
CHG is offline   United Kingdom
      03-29-2013, 01:26 AM   #49
scooba0010
Colonel

Drives: F32 430D-MOTORSPORT

Having owned 3 Range Rovers ,1 ML, 2 X5s, They all lose massive sums off money but I bought mine cash and possibly that was not the best way off owning a large motor, But Andrew (Palmnuts) recently sold a Range Rover Sport and said buy one a year old and the right spec it was reasonable or I believe he said lost the least money on some of his car purchases of late

Search the thread out and dont discount the RRS but I also read Steve (hoops) say the new Disco4 is way better than the RRS .

I would say what ever 4x4 you buy will cost you lots of money ,Dont buy new is the real answer ,I always buy new and they lose way to much money and after 2 months you will have lost the new car feeling and start thinking how much it is depreciating like 750 a month,

My advise buy something sensible and put what you save as extra in to your pension , you younger guys will need it looking at how pensions are performing .
scooba0010 is offline   United Kingdom
      03-29-2013, 01:52 PM   #50
BarrySt
Private

Drives: E91 330d

Porsche Macan could be of interest if you want a Q5 with Porsche badge

Or how about 3 series GT

Or X1 which is much more attractive than X3

Or 3 series touring 4 wheel drive as said earlier

or SQ5 for something fast

Last edited by BarrySt; 03-29-2013 at 01:57 PM.
      03-30-2013, 11:01 AM   #51
Ajerthan
Bimmaaaa

Drives: E92 325D & YZF R125

Garage List
2009 BMW 325  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guvernator View Post
As far as Ive heard ML is a better drive than an X5. Old man drives one of a later models of ML350 and I think it drives fab. Obviously its more suited for an older family oriented person. I prefer the young sporty feel/drive.

| 2009 BMW 325d Coupe | Alpine White | Red Rims | Black Kidney Grills | M Sport| Navigation |

InstaGram: Ajerthan