E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > What rims to get??

10-08-2013, 11:59 PM   #1
jevanh
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 323i E90

What rims to get??

Hi everyone

im after some 19'' rims for a sapphire black 323i e90 M sport.(currently have 18'' M sport rims)

just looking for some suggetions.

Probably looking to spend around 1000 and then ill also need tyres that are non run flat and just would like some good recommendations for DD non track car that has some grip but generally comfortable.

I have looked on BMR's site before but its currently down..

thanks heaps for the reply's
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2013, 01:30 AM   #2
froop
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 08 AW 6MT E82

Hey buddy, for those prices you could definitely get a set of either VMRs or GTC wheels from BMR Autowerkes. Either give Stuart@BMRAutowerkes a call or else maybe you can just pop down to Advan. He has all of the GTC wheels on display in all different styles and colours.

In regards to the tyres it depends on how much you are willing to spend. If it's for a daily driver that isn't tracked at all then I guess you don't need to spend a bunch of money.

I've only really looked at the more high performance street tyres so I'm not sure I'd be able to help on recommendations for a street only tyre.

FYI I'm currently using Federal 595RSRs. They're not expensive (~200-250/tyre if buying from eBay, then you can Stuart to mount them) and they have good grip in the dry as well as are quite comfortable depending on what tyre pressure you run them at. I don't really notice any tyre roar or noise (although my car is generally crazy loud so that could be masking the sound). They aren't however the best in the rain if that matters to you. Gotta take it easy. I've gone sideways quite significantly in a few roundabouts and corners before with only the slightest throttle input through the corner.