Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Hate to ask but... Black wheels W red line? Who? Where?

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

06-24-2007, 01:04 AM   #1
Revlis
Now With 33% MORE Sarcasm Free!
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 i3 X3

Hate to ask but... Black wheels W red line? Who? Where?

Sorry, I cannot seem to find the magic search combination...

Whose got the Black wheels with the red stripe? Someone refered to them as "time Attack?"

Dunno, but a Point in the right direction would be a Bonus, I seem to be missing em'...
      06-24-2007, 01:27 AM   #2
NaTuReB0Y
Powered By 36DD
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90

that's longtran's little bro....robbensays....

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...ght=robbensays

that would be $.50 please............
      06-24-2007, 01:48 AM   #3
HRC
MAUI BUILT
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i MT

Garage List
2002 E46 325i  [0.00]
2012 E70 35i  [0.00]
Black rims with a red piping around the rim edge is a limited edition style from Volk Racing called "Time Attack". Long has duplicated this on a couple of sets of BBS CH's. Also I think DPE has a similiar line out as well.

Danny
Arctic/Blk Leather/Alum.Trim/MT/ZSP/Sunshades/Blk Lines/M3 Illuminated Knob/Alcantara Performance Wheel/M-E-Brake Handle/Euro Fog Switch/Koni Yellows/H&R Sport Springs/19" VMR V718's w/PS2 Tires/M-Tech Body Kit/Carbon Fiber Spoiler/Bimmian Interior Bulbs/OEM Eye Glass Tray/SSK/Alcantara Boot/Split Armrest/OEM Dual Rear Power Outlets/Rear Ashtray Delete/OEM Alum. Pedals/Osram 6000K/Brex Rings/LED Side Markers/BMS Power Box
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2007, 08:51 PM   #4
Revlis
United_States
Rep

Thank You gentlemen, I owe you a beer...

DPE is what I was thinking of I think.
      06-24-2007, 10:20 PM   #5
spacedogg
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Debadged

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...gn+time+attack
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2007, 12:40 PM   #6
Revlis
United_States
Rep

Hmm, Looks like my tastes are once again far surpassing what I am wanting to shell out...

Typical... I don't want to spend more than about $500 a wheel. I know that's pretty inexpensive but I am not looking for Top of the line Forged 3-piece wheels. I'm looking for a lighter than stock black wheel with a brushed lip or "time attack" lip...

I dunno, maybe I've got it all wrong but I was planning on simply pulling the OEM wheels and tires off and putting them in storage while they are in excellent shape. So when it comes time to return the car to the dealership it will the RFTs on there and wheels will be good to go and then I can sell the after market wheels or put them on my next BMW.

If I was wanting to track the car, or if I was really trying to squeeze every last bit of performance out of it I could see spending $1k or more per wheel, but I'm looking for a little lost weight and good looks...

Hmm... Looks like Breytons, OZ, or M6 Reps might be the way to go.
      06-25-2007, 12:42 PM   #7
HRC
MAUI BUILT
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i MT

Garage List
2002 E46 325i  [0.00]
2012 E70 35i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revlis View Post
Hmm, Looks like my tastes are once again far surpassing what I am wanting to shell out...

Typical... I don't want to spend more than about $500 a wheel. I know that's pretty inexpensive but I am not looking for Top of the line Forged 3-piece wheels. I'm looking for a lighter than stock black wheel with a brushed lip or "time attack" lip...

I dunno, maybe I've got it all wrong but I was planning on simply pulling the OEM wheels and tires off and putting them in storage while they are in excellent shape. So when it comes time to return the car to the dealership it will the RFTs on there and wheels will be good to go and then I can sell the after market wheels or put them on my next BMW.

If I was wanting to track the car, or if I was really trying to squeeze every last bit of performance out of it I could see spending $1k or more per wheel, but I'm looking for a little lost weight and good looks...

PM me.

Danny
Arctic/Blk Leather/Alum.Trim/MT/ZSP/Sunshades/Blk Lines/M3 Illuminated Knob/Alcantara Performance Wheel/M-E-Brake Handle/Euro Fog Switch/Koni Yellows/H&R Sport Springs/19" VMR V718's w/PS2 Tires/M-Tech Body Kit/Carbon Fiber Spoiler/Bimmian Interior Bulbs/OEM Eye Glass Tray/SSK/Alcantara Boot/Split Armrest/OEM Dual Rear Power Outlets/Rear Ashtray Delete/OEM Alum. Pedals/Osram 6000K/Brex Rings/LED Side Markers/BMS Power Box
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2007, 05:44 PM   #8
polok with a 328
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: black on black 328i

Garage List
2007 328I  [0.00]
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...light=subydude ... just picked me up a set
Black on black 328i..Flat black with red lip 18x8.5 & 18x9 Rota SVN's..Muffler and resonator delete..Injen intake..Black kidney grilles..black headlight overlays..black roundels..20% tint..Nokya yellow fogs
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2007, 10:39 PM   #9
bzabodyn
Montego Blue Mini-Beast
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW E90 335i Sedan

Garage List
Quote:

I got just the thing for you...

1) get the standard 19" CSL reps (with the +30 rear offset) - approx. $1k

2) take the wheels to a local powdercoater and have them powdercoated a matte black with a clear coat - $150/wheel, shop around

3) get red vinyl overlays made for the outer edge of the wheel at a local vinyl (best part about this - damaged or change of taste = easy removal) = $40-50

4) get General Exclaim UHP tires (235/35, 265/30) - $550

So for around $2200 you have a unique set of wheels that would easily cost twice as much if you bought them already "time-attacked"...

Good luck!

BZ
      06-25-2007, 11:59 PM   #10
Revlis
United_States
Rep

Hmmm, I've some PM'n to do and I thank you folks for the help. The subydudes wheels look pretty good...

I was thinking that some OZ ultralaggera's weighing in at 20 or so lbs could be just the ticket... No red stripe but I could get over it.

Again thanks for the help folks, I appreciate it. Lots of good options presented.

The Problem I have is one of practicality, I have no problem spending $4-5K on a new laptop or something for work. But when I have wheels on the car that are brand new I have a really hard time convincing myself that it's OK to spend money on after market wheels just for looks alone...

I need to go blaze by an 8" curb and rash the shit outta my wheels. That'll get em' replaced in a hurry. OK, Maybe not the best idea. I'll get over it.

Here's the Tire Rack OZ's I was looking at. Wrapped with some Contisport 2s should just about do it.
Attached Images

06-26-2007, 08:51 AM   #11
ALPINE6SPD
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 328i Sport

Quote:

Breytons are very heavy for the cost. M6 Reps are a great wheel for the money.
2008 AW X3 3.0si: 6 speed Returned
2006 AW e90 330i: 6 speed Dinan Stage 1 Returned
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2007, 08:52 AM   #12
ALPINE6SPD
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 328i Sport

Quote:
Hmmm, I've some PM'n to do and I thank you folks for the help. The subydudes wheels look pretty good...

I was thinking that some OZ ultralaggera's weighing in at 20 or so lbs could be just the ticket... No red stripe but I could get over it.

Again thanks for the help folks, I appreciate it. Lots of good options presented.

The Problem I have is one of practicality, I have no problem spending $4-5K on a new laptop or something for work. But when I have wheels on the car that are brand new I have a really hard time convincing myself that it's OK to spend money on after market wheels just for looks alone...

I need to go blaze by an 8" curb and rash the shit outta my wheels. That'll get em' replaced in a hurry. OK, Maybe not the best idea. I'll get over it.

Here's the Tire Rack OZ's I was looking at. Wrapped with some Contisport 2s should just about do it.
Those are very good wheels but I am curious how the thin spokes are going to look on the coupe.
2008 AW X3 3.0si: 6 speed Returned
2006 AW e90 330i: 6 speed Dinan Stage 1 Returned
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2007, 12:06 PM   #13
Revlis
United_States
Rep

You know the more I look at the "Time Attack" red stripes the more I want em' it's all DPEs fault in this case and I found the image that got my wheels turning.

Well and the wife really digs the red stripe. So I'm prolly going to bite the bullet and find something Gloss or Flat black with a Red stripe. Besides, if the finance department (Wife) is on board it helps things a long nicely.

It's this shot that got the wheels turning so to speak.

Probably 19''s 235s/265s But while the DPEs might be the inspiration I'm still not spending DPE Money for wheels I don't NEED, just WANT.
Attached Images

06-26-2007, 12:10 PM   #14
Revlis
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALPINE6SPD View Post
Breytons are very heavy for the cost. M6 Reps are a great wheel for the money.

Thanks good to know. That is what attracted me to the OZs, lightweight and inexpensive. Volk Wheels might be a solution.
      06-26-2007, 01:49 PM   #15
danielg
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 335i sedan

Not too many rock OZs. I would go that route.

Volks are still a little pricey, and for a little bit more money, you can get whatever you want.

Don't go replica's in my opinion...unless you track the car a lot.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2007, 02:17 PM   #16
Vegas_Sirk
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 JKU Wrangler

Garage List
Good set of 19" Volks will still run you close to 3K without tires.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2007, 10:35 PM   #17
montreal_bimmer
OEMconcept
Italy
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2006 325i  [10.00]
looks hot hot hot.... especially on AW
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2007, 03:31 PM   #18
Vegas_Sirk
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 JKU Wrangler

Garage List
I am really impressed with how they look. I didnt think a 3pc rim would look good like that but its damn hot!
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2007, 07:57 AM   #19
powdercoater
Rep
Drives: 2001 BMW 330ci Titanium Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzabodyn View Post

2) take the wheels to a local powdercoater and have them powdercoated a matte black with a clear coat - $150/wheel, shop around

BZ

Hi everyone! A forum fan called our shop yesterday and directed us here! So, hello!

We just wanted to clarify the above- if you have your wheels coated in a matte black and put a clear coat over that, the wheels wont be matte anymore (unless you put a matte clear instead of a gloss clear over). But the price point above is right on target!

PLEASE make sure your powder coater knows what they are doing. Replacing custom wheels isnt cheap, and most coaters will not accept responsibility if something should happen. If in doubt, ship them to a reputable facility.

Thanks for the invitation to this board!

Sandee Andrews
Andrews Powder Coating, Inc.
Custom powder coating since 1980!
www.powdercoater.com
Appreciate 0