Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > *** Review *** Hankook Ventus V-12 Evo

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

09-28-2009, 10:49 PM   #1
GreenPlease
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i e92

*** Review *** Hankook Ventus V-12 Evo

Just got them mounted today on my 750i. 245/45-19F, 275/40-19R. Check back for updates. I'll post up pics tomorrow

Initial Impressions: this car previously had Pirelli PZero Nero A/S tires in the same size. Decent tires, though they had very soft side walls which made the car feel like a boat in the turns (one of the reasons I hardly drove it). The Hankooks make a world of difference. Much firmer sidewall and a much quicker turn in response. The car feels "alive" now. I took John Young Parkway back home and threw the car around a little in the turns. For the first time, I actually appreciated how well the e65 handles for such a large car. Despite the firmer sidewalls, however, the ride isn't any harsher. In fact, I'd venture to say that ride quality is exactly the same as with the PZeros only better because the ride is more composed. In terms of noise, the tires are pretty darn quiet, though they are brand new so that doesn't say much. We'll see how they hold up as the miles run up. For what it is worth, the Continental ExtremeContact DWSs on my 335i are quieter. Those things are like stealth. Truly unreal.

500 Mile update:
2000 Mile update:
5000 Mile update:

Purcahsed from: The Tire Rack ~$790 shipped
Installed at: GoodYear Tire at the corner of U.S. 50 and John Young Parkway. Ask for Ben or Bill. Great guys and great service. They'll get all of my business in the future
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2009, 12:18 AM   #2
enrita
Major General
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 335i - Big turbos

i have heard very good things about this tyres and are on my list for the next purchase.
07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD E85 BMS flash - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Snow Stg. 3 - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2009, 03:41 PM   #3
Peter@VMRWheels
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: P85D

The Hankooks are definitely on the short list for my next set of tires. I've seen enough of them go thru the warehouse, that I now want a set
Appreciate 0