E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > sort of a stupid question about drop.

09-18-2009, 10:48 PM   #1
sokdo
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i E92

sort of a stupid question about drop.

Just really curious as I'm looking into the bmw perf susp. kit and other susp systems but generally how much lower or rather how much wheel gap do you need to have before you can actually tell you car is lowered or looks like it's lowered to that sweet spot where it looks good ( yes I understand that what looks good is an opinion but generally there is a standard where people generally agree it looks good ). Not really looking for slammed either as that would be a huge hassle where I drive around.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2009, 12:53 AM   #2
Meat'sG80
Dictator
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M3 Competition

suspension

I have the eibach pro spring kit and koni fsd shocks, the drop is a little over an inch, with the bmw performance suspension you really cannot tell there is much drop at all, unless you are riding side by side next to a stock ride. My kit lowers it 1.2 inch in the front and 1.0 in the rear. I don't have a pic posted yet, but to give an idea it cuts the fender gap by about half enough to tell you are lowered but not slammed by any means. The koni fsd shocks were a must for me because i want some ride comfort. Hope this helps
Appreciate 0