E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > Pure Euro Presents: WüsteFest 2007 European Car Event (Pure Euro)

04-29-2007, 03:08 AM   #1
will@longbeachbmw
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M Coupe

Pure Euro Presents: WüsteFest 2007 European Car Event (Pure Euro)

Reposting this for a buddy of mine! This is going to be so much fun guys - let me know if any of you decide you want to go! The link to the thread on VWVortex is at the bottom

-Will

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure Euro

WüsteFest Is Officially A Go

Ladies and gentleman, European car enthusiasts of all ages, I am extremely proud to officially announce WüsteFest 2007. WüsteFest started as a idea to have a few people to have a small group from SoCal caravan to Vegas for a weekend. Simple as that. After putting some legwork into this, I saw that there were many interested in doing this. From there, people from areas outside of SoCal were wanting the join in on the festivities. So, WüsteFest was born.

WüsteFest's Mission Statement: I, along with the rest of the Pure Euro members intend for WüsteFest to be an incredible weekend of activities, events, and all-around fun (yes, for all-ages). The goal is to bring the European car enthusiast community together for one weekend dedicated to our love for our cars. The point is to HAVE FUN. No show-politics, no cliques, no competition... We will drive, party, hang out, eat, and have an incredible time.

First, and most important piece of information: Hotel Rooms

We have a confirmed rate of $79.99 per night at Imperial Palace. After taxes, this is just under $90. Imperial Palace is located directly in the heart of the strip and is an easy walk to basically any hotel on the strip. You must be 21 to check in to a room. Period, end of story, no exceptions. I did everything I can to work around this, but the fact is that anywhere in Las Vegas (and even places at Stateline) require a person at least 21 years old to check in to a room. What does this mean? This means that if you're under 21, you will not be able to put the room in your name/check in without someone 21 or older. Our solution, either a) Room with someone 21 or older or b) find someone 21 or older that is willing to put your room in their name and you pay them for the room. If we all work together, we can make this happen. Anyone that can truly not find a solution, PM me and I'll see what we can do. These room rates are based on no more than 2 people in the room. I am going to say to do your best to not put more than 2 people in a room... The rates are cheap enough that split between two people, it is less than $100 for the weekend. If there is a problem and there are more than 2 people staying in your room, you could potentially be asked to leave (I HIGHLY doubt this would happen, but I certainly don't want to find out.)

To Reserve A Room:
- Call Imperial Palace Reservation Department @ (800) 800-2981.
- In order to get the group rate, make sure to identify yourself as part of the Pure Euro group.
- You are reserving a room for Friday, June 22nd and Saturday, June 23rd.
- The rooms will be handed out on a first-come-first-served basis, so the earlier you get there, the better the chance of you being able to get a room close to your friends... I have been talking to the hotel and we're doing everything we can to get us in the same area, but there are NO GUARANTEES...
- RESERVATIONS MUST BE MADE BY FRIDAY, MAY 18TH in order to secure the discounted rate.
- Please be sure to discuss cancellation policy with Imperial Palace if you have any further questions.

What does this mean? This means that, despite the sizable deposit I put down to secure 30+ rooms, anything and everything having to do with your room is between you and the hotel. If something breaks, it is your reponsibility. If you have an issue with the room or anything involving your stay, please contact the hotel. The rooms are in your name, show up when you want, leave when you want, call whatever questionable (900) numbers you'd like... because, in the end, it is all your responsibility.

Imperial Palace? Ech... I refuse to listen to people complain about the hotel choice... If you have a problem with the hotel selection, I urge you to get yourself a room at whichever hotel better suits your needs. I stayed in one of the exact rooms we will be staying in less than a month ago, and literally the only complaint I have was that there was NO conditioner in the shower The parking situation is perfect (no crazy speed bumps, secure, monitored, and patrolled), the rooms are clean and plenty big enough, they have been very helpful in making this event a possibility, and for the money, we are getting an amazing deal to be in the heart of the Strip on a weekend in the Summer. So, be sure to bring your own conditioner.

How You're Getting There:

Caravans, caravans, caravans. Details are being finalized for a caravan from So Cal, Nor Cal, Utah, Arizona, and other locations... Look for detailed information for your areas caravan in your respective Regional Forums. These caravans will be leaving a location at a set time and will arrive to Las Vegas whenever they show up... Remember, you all have your own hotel rooms, so if you feel like you want to "Gumball Run" it there, no one is going to stop you... But the main pack, led by a specified lead/tail car will keep up a decent, reasonable pace and will be worried about getting to Vegas in a safe and organized fashion.

What do you do when you get to Vegas?

Whatever you'd like. I am working on establishing a place for the people to hang out when they get there, because different caravans will be staggering in at different times of the day... It's Friday in Vegas! We'll definitely find something to keep us busy.

Saturday Plans:

Saturday late morning, we will be heading out to a meet-up point for our Valley Of Fire cruise. We will be meeting at a TBD meet point, then will go on a drive through the Valley Of Fire. For those that don't know, V.O.F. is an unbelievable road winding through a picturesque background of red rocks and desert. It has been used in countless films, car commercials, etc... We will all cruise to a location for a BBQ which will be catered and should cost you guys $0. Stay tuned to this thread for updates on finalized information (time, cost, etc..). Realize that we are going to get this drive going as early as sleep-deprivation will allow... We will be hanging out in the middle of the desert during the summer. IT WILL BE HOT. So bring water, a full tank of gas, sunscreen, and anything else you can think of to make the event more enjoyable for you. The plan is to then drive back together to the strip. We will travel the strip together at this point... Imagine 60-100 European cars cruising down The Strip together... it will be quite an impressive site.

I am currently talking to GameWorks to host a hang-out on Saturday evening. This is an all-ages location and everybody will be able to have a good time. Dinner plans are hopefully going to be included in this event and will go until early enough that those that want to go out and about in Vegas (whether that be clubbing, walking around the strip, or whatever else you'd like to do) will still have ample time left.

Sunday Plans:

This is "the day". We will be having a GTG/Show and Shine at a location (which will be announced once the location has been finalized). BBQ, music, cars, etc... Everything you'd expect and hope for. We should get a good showing from Audi, Volkswagen, BMW, Porsche, Mercedes, and Mini, so it should be an awesome day... At this point, there is not a lot of information to report because it is still "in the works", but we will 100% be having this event and it will be an event that will be remembered and talked about for a long time to come.

From there, you can do whatever you'd like. I'd imagine each caravan to Vegas will have an arranged time/place to meet to caravan back... I am going to be staying Sunday night most likely, so I can drive back on Monday and avoid the traffic.

Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: Can we stay at a friends house or another hotel in Las Vegas:
A: Yes. However, realize that there will be a lot of the "experience" you will be missing out on. Hotel room parties, the ability to not have to drive anywhere, etc... I highly recommend staying at the I.P. so you can experience all that the event has to offer.

Q: Do we have to do everything planned?
A: Absolutely not. Again, highly encouraged, but nothing is required. You have your own room, your own car, and your own money.. Use each to your hearts desired.

Q: How much should I expect to spend?
A: Figure $100 total for both nights at the hotel (assuming double-occupancy), then add food (figure an average of $10/meal but keep in mind that at least one or two of our meals will be sponsored by companies involved with the event), then consider gas expenses, and finally "play money". I am not planning to gamble (we probably won't have much time anyways), so I am bringing up about $150 in cash to cover expenses... So $150 cash + $100 hotel + gas.

Q: I'm under 21... Will I have fun?
A: ABSO-FRIGGEN-LUTELY! Assuming you are able to figure out the hotel situation (again, my apologies, but nothing I could do about it), there should be little to nothing you will "not be able to do". The amount of free-time we'll have to gamble/club will be negligible... Also, keep in mind, there is no ID needed in your room (use this information however you'd like... I do not condone underage drinking). Vegas is the entertainment capitol of the world and simply walking around the strip with a group of friends can take up countless hours... PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO COME IF YOU ARE UNDER 21!!! I am absolutely committed to making underagers not feel left out of anything.

What You Should Get Busy On...
- Make your reservations!! There are a relatively limited number of rooms available...
- Join our MySpace! Add us as friends, subscribe to our blog for up-to-date information, and comment so we can all start getting excited for this event!
- Check your regional forums for your caravan information (if it's not there yet, it will be asap)
- Start packing! (Ok, not really...) But this event will be here quicker than you'd believe and make sure to get work covered, take your time off, let the wifey know, etc...
- Once you make a reservation, please email wustefest@yahoo.com with your first and last name, and email address so we can keep you up-to-date.
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3199256
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2007, 08:54 PM   #2
will@longbeachbmw
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M Coupe

glad to see everybody is so excited to come!
Appreciate 0