E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > BMW of Bakersfield....Incredible!!!

12-02-2011, 12:44 PM   #1
Rotweil
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '11 328i, '12 335is, '12 X5

BMW of Bakersfield....Incredible!!!

Bakersfield BMW…..All I can say is, WOW!!!
I worked personally with the General Manager Ali Douglas and Mohsen Vaziri. I’ve never owned a BMW and felt a little overwhelmed walking into the dealership and seeing the price tag!

After being welcomed and made felt like I was with friends Ali gave me the reassurance that he could get me into a BMW for what I was paying for my 2009 Honda Civic!!

All I can say is, I walked out that day with a BMW and my wife built her a BMW X5 35d that we will be picking up today, we would have picked it up yesterday but Ali was waiting for the December rates to be released….Since I picked up my BMW in October, eight of my coworker have driven from Los Angeles to purchase BMW’s in Bakersfield!!!
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2011, 12:51 PM   #2
obert
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i

Very nice..........always good to hear of a good dealer.

How did the price compair to the civic. I traded in my 08 civic si for the 08 BMW I have.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2011, 01:18 PM   #3
Rotweil
Enlisted Member
Rep

My BMW is a hundred dollars more than what I was paying for the civic….at twice the msrp!!!
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2011, 11:57 AM   #4
Rotweil
Enlisted Member
Rep

We drove home our new 2012 X5 35d last night “WOW” what a gorgeous ride……My buddy at BMW “Ali” said it’s the most equipped X5 they ever had on their lot, other than an X5M!!
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2012, 08:26 PM   #5
E9TOU
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 335i

Garage List
Glad you had a good experience with them. I, on the other hand, have mixed feelings about Bakersfield BMW.

I was looking at a CPO'd 335i...drove a few hours to see it and was glad that the sales person whom I was dealing with (internet sales manager) had the car prepped and detailed the night before and it was ready for me to look at.

Upon inspecting the car, I found the passenger fender to be ripped (yes, literally torn), the rear bumper looked like it was popped out from a fender bender and badly repaired, and the a couple of the body panels were way off compared to a normal 335. I asked about this and the general manager comes out and give me a spiel about how BMW would never CPO a bad car...and I'm thinking to myself..how the heck can you and your techs miss these obvious flaws? He goes on to say how the car has a clean carfax...and I'm thinking to myself, I'm not about to spend 40k on a car with these kinds of cosmetic flaws and who knows what's wrong with the car mechanically.

They were trying to swindle me and I politely let them know how I felt. Walked away and ended up with an even better car from a different dealership. Also didn't like the fact that I knew more about the car than the salesperson..I don't expect them to know everything but he couldn't even answer the most basic of questions without having to reference it. He was a good guy, but definitely not helpful.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2012, 08:30 PM   #6
matrix76
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 Z4 M40i Black/Red

Nice to hear a good news story about a dealership, congrats,

Also,

Appreciate 0
      07-13-2012, 01:59 PM   #7
BMV///M3
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW f80 M3

Local here. Their service dept. has treated me well on a few issue's. Their parts guy has helped me out with price matches on a few items. Was thinking about a PPK, although I was talking with an SA and he wasn't sure if they've ever done one so we'll see if they can price match some other dealers and offer a reasonable installation time. I've heard 1.5 hours all the way to 6 for some dealers.

As long as you make appts for loaners they are excellent in setting you up. I ended up purchasing my car in Santa Maria due to the fact I couldn't find what I was looking for. Although they did try, dealt with Moshen a few times, nice guy.

Update on service department: Once you get there they offer great service and stay in touch when your vehilce is there. However it is very difficult to get someone to call you back. Also the SA's rarely answer. I had an SA checking on some wear and tear claims we looked at when I was there and I never heard back. Going to have to bring it up again when I'm back in there next month. Not trying to bash but they could definitely improve that aspect of their business. Called an SA about PPK installation time yesterday, we'll see if they get back to me or I have to start calling LA.

Last edited by BMV///M3; 08-07-2012 at 09:05 AM..
Appreciate 0