E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > about coilovers cockpit adjustable

09-08-2007, 10:54 AM   #1
tatsizsu
Registered
Rep
Drives: 320d Sparkling Graphite Crome

Exclamation about coilovers cockpit adjustable

i have stock e90 suspensions and really want to change them to coilover kit. but there is a problem and i need help about it. anybody help me i really appreciate. here is the problem. where i live there are some places has good motorway and it has no dip or hump but if u want to get to this road u should pass lots of dip and hump so that if i get coilover my car will be low and i will always hit the under of the my car and i dont want that happen as usually i searched the net but i couldnt find any coilover kit to solve my problem. does any body inform me if there is a coilover kit: i can adjust the height of the car from cockpit when ever i want... when i come to a road with humps and dips i want to raise the car so i want hit the under of the car... waiting for the respond... thx to all who will make effort and inform me. ps. sorry for my expression in english
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2007, 02:42 PM   #2
Ron@Modbargains
United_States
Rep
Drives: 996TT/ae86

Not really sure of any, currently the have dampening electronic modules for the coilovers. I am sure a height adjustability is going to be quite a bit expensive. I've seen what your talking about in like the Mercedes S600 or the Lamborghini Gallardo(they have a reall nice feature for it). Anyone else know?
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2007, 04:25 PM   #3
Spool
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: A few

Only airbags and hydraulics allow you to adjust height from inside the car...

general coilover system u gotta get down and dirty and adjust it by hand when the car is parked.

MKIV 6spd 1000hp Club
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2007, 04:38 PM   #4
S4to335
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Audi A4 / 91 Track Miata

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatsizsu View Post
i have stock e90 suspensions and really want to change them to coilover kit. but there is a problem and i need help about it. anybody help me i really appreciate. here is the problem. where i live there are some places has good motorway and it has no dip or hump but if u want to get to this road u should pass lots of dip and hump so that if i get coilover my car will be low and i will always hit the under of the my car and i dont want that happen as usually i searched the net but i couldnt find any coilover kit to solve my problem. does any body inform me if there is a coilover kit: i can adjust the height of the car from cockpit when ever i want... when i come to a road with humps and dips i want to raise the car so i want hit the under of the car... waiting for the respond... thx to all who will make effort and inform me. ps. sorry for my expression in english
The Audi allroad has this...it is not easy to make this...I would suggest you think of other solutions.

Car is now gone .... :-(
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2007, 07:33 PM   #5
marxen
Registered
Rep
Drives: Mini Cooper S

Check out these made by the company Roberuta. Looks like they would be compatible with Bilsteins and would provide what you are looking for.

http://www.topsecretjpn.com/roberuta.shtml
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2007, 01:37 AM   #6
tatsizsu
Registered
Rep
Drives: 320d Sparkling Graphite Crome

thx for your help and caring guys. i will inform u if i will find something about this. and i want to now if i buy bilstein b16 ride control, on normal mode will it reduce my hit when i pass over humps and dips? or when i get sway bars will it help me to reduce hit? also which coilover kit u can suggest me on this issue...
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2007, 11:04 AM   #7
bnj
Banned
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

Most of the coilover kits seem to lower the car too much considering the rolling center and ground clearance. Tein might have coilovers that can keep the car close to the stock height.
Appreciate 0