E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Aftermarket Fabric Headliner Info

01-05-2014, 08:38 PM   #1
hatton
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Coupe

Aftermarket Fabric Headliner Info

All right so I'm close to doing this DIY myself since the gray headliner with my black interior is just a NoGo. I'm looking for others that have tackled this recently or in the past. The usual fabrics I see are Alcantara, Ultrasuede and Suede. Mainly the debate is between Alcantara and Ultrasuede. Basically here's what I want to know:

Which fabric did you choose and why?
How did and does it hold up against UV fading?
How much was it?
Where'd you get it from?
What did you do about the plastic pieces? Painted with what or just bought OEM?

I haven't been able to find another thread covering all these topics and it seems to be becoming a more and more popular mod.

Appreciate 0
      08-02-2014, 02:54 AM   #2
bmwphill92
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 335i 6MT

did you end up doing this?
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2014, 12:25 PM   #3
NightStalker
Rep
Drives: Audi

I have done it. It's not easy lol.

Things you have to consider are the center light modules, vanity lights from sunvisor and headliner handles. The center lights I plasti dipped them black with silver holographic flakes
And the sunroof cover I painted it using fabric spray wasn't going to spend 250+ just for a oem black one

I wrapped the headliner with black fabric from ebay did not go with alcantara already have that on my performance shift knob and handbrake.

The following I ordered oem from factory. pillar columns were oem black, airbag caps oem black, headliner black handles oem black, sunroof seal oem black and sunvisors oem black.

There's much more to it than it seems everything has to be colored match or ordered from factory like how m sport is.

Also used 3m multipurpose spray

I finished all this in two weeks between getting parts and installing and etc

Goodluck
Appreciate 0