E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > I just poured engine oil into the coolan tank!

02-02-2013, 08:58 PM   #23
badassfajita
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 e70 3.5i

Quote:
Originally Posted by apme123 View Post
People like you should not own expensive german cars. Not only did you screw up the cooling system, but you drove the car for A WEEK!!! You sir are an idiot. Go buy a honda. Enjoy the replacing the whole cooling system as those seals and gaskets are not designed for oil contamination, it will be a nice expensive lesson. I don't even know how you can mix those up. Are you mentally challenged, retarded??
Wow all this from someone who owns a Honda. I guess by your own definition, you are an idiot.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2013, 09:38 PM   #24
nukezero
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 3 series

I wouldn't take any chances. I would spend the money now and buy a new coolant refill tank. It's probably a hundred bucks or so but I don't want remnants of oil going into my radiator, water pump, hose, thermostat, etc. You'll ruin a lot of stuff.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2013, 09:44 PM   #25
N54Love
Veteran BMW owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 335iA Sil/Blk (JB4)

I can one-up you on this mistake in other areas of life, like grilling with coals. you're not that bad.
If it was Chateau Mouton Rothschild 1945 the OP should probably be on the market for a Bugatti Veyron.
If it was Red Ripple 2010 the OP should sell all of his cars and start using public transportation.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2013, 03:32 AM   #26
apme123
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2002 Honda S2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by badassfajita View Post
Wow all this from someone who owns a Honda. I guess by your own definition, you are an idiot.
I had 2 e90's you turd. All of my vehicles have been exceptionally maintained by me. i have never screwed up any kind of repair. what do you think it says about a person when they don't read the owners manual and just think ohh, if i can add oil into my radiator maybe it will go into the crankcase. Drive an S2k, its unlike any kind of honda you have ever driven.
      02-03-2013, 07:20 AM   #27
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaz_master View Post
Yes I understand. My point was that it wasn't wise for him to do it himself considering he put oil in the coolant tank, and rather let a garage do it...
Ah, I didn't get your point. Then we agree. My first assumption was he did do some DIY stuff since he was conscience enough to actually try to add oil to the engine and had a brain fart. What I suggested was not hard to do even for a novice. But you are correct; his later post indicates he has no business wrenching on the cooling system.

Last edited by Efthreeoh; 02-03-2013 at 07:31 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2013, 07:35 AM   #28
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
I had 2 e90's you turd. All of my vehicles have been exceptionally maintained by me. i have never screwed up any kind of repair. what do you think it says about a person when they don't read the owners manual and just think ohh, if i can add oil into my radiator maybe it will go into the crankcase. Drive an S2k, its unlike any kind of honda you have ever driven.
Well what badassfajita was saying, regardless of how an S2000 drives, was you suggested that the OP (who you called an idiot and retarded) not try and maintain his own, fine German automobile, and suggested the the OP sell his BMW and buy a Honda (apparently because the owers of Hondas need no DIY skills to own one); which, since you own a Honda, can be transferred as all Honda owners, regardless of model owned, can be or are idiots.

It was a dammed good reply to such a harsh statement as you originally posted.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2013, 09:08 AM   #29
3s4u2
Beamer Mantic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i Prem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
Well what badassfajita was saying, regardless of how an S2000 drives, was you suggested that the OP (who you called an idiot and retarded) not try and maintain his own, fine German automobile, and suggested the the OP sell his BMW and buy a Honda (apparently because the owers of Hondas need no DIY skills to own one); which, since you own a Honda, can be transferred as all Honda owners, regardless of model owned, can be or are idiots.

It was a dammed good reply to such a harsh statement as you originally posted.
+1... At least the S2000 has at least 1 Dipstick on the engine and at least 1 sitting in the drivers seat!

OP, you have some serious balls posting this thread, I would be willing to bet half the BS responses to your post wouldn't have the balls to do it.
2014 X5 50i M-Pkg
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2013, 09:33 AM   #30
badassfajita
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 e70 3.5i

Quote:
Call me what you want, but you just got clowned by your own words.

And I don't disagree with you, an S2K is a great car. But the OP made a mistake and you chose to ream him for it. Its got nothing to do with a German vs Jap car.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2013, 09:43 AM   #31
chicagob5
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 ZCP

Quote:

And I don't disagree with you, an S2K is a great car. But the OP made a mistake and you chose to ream him for it. Its got nothing to do with a German vs Jap car.
this!

Haha s2k guy made himself look like a bigger dumbass than the OP.

Back to honda-tech for you lamer.

OP Dont sweat it man. Shit happens and its not that big of a deal. It will be mended in 2 hours of work at the shop.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2013, 09:55 AM   #32
Bimmeration
BEEMDUBLEW
United_States
Rep
Drives: 14' Tesla Model S 85kw

Quote:

+1
OP, hope everything worked out.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2013, 01:29 PM   #33
f1madman
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d (E90)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3s4u2 View Post
+1... At least the S2000 has at least 1 Dipstick on the engine and at least 1 sitting in the drivers seat!

OP, you have some serious balls posting this thread, I would be willing to bet half the BS responses to your post wouldn't have the balls to do it.
Thanks, but you should've seen how sheepish I was when I spoke to the AA guy and the dude at the garage. This has proved to be a very embarrassing lesson.

Anyway thanks for all the support folks
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2013, 03:23 PM   #34
BEAR-AvHistory
2020 Z4 M40i - 2022 M4C Convt
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Z4 M40i - 2022 M4C Convrt

Garage List
Quote:
People like you should not own expensive german cars. Not only did you screw up the cooling system, but you drove the car for A WEEK!!! You sir are an idiot. Go buy a honda. Enjoy the replacing the whole cooling system as those seals and gaskets are not designed for oil contamination, it will be a nice expensive lesson. I don't even know how you can mix those up. Are you mentally challenged, retarded??
Are you a jerk all the time or only when you are typing?

2022 M4C - 2020 Z4 M40i - 2023 FORD Expedition XLT Max 4X4 400BHP - 2009 V-Star - 1998 Ranger 4X4 5MT - 1965 Cobra (R) 5MT - 2023 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 6MT
Appreciate 0