E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Headlight options for 2008 E90

03-23-2016, 10:29 AM   #1
xShinji
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i

Headlight options for 2008 E90

Hello,

Recently, my headlight panel on my driver side decides to fall off. I didn't notice until the headlight was full of moisture. So i brought it back to the mechanic for repairs, they exchanged current headlight with another used oem one that they had at the time. But during the install, they hooked up my HID bulb wrong, and blew it. So they gave me another bulb to used. Unfortunately, the bulb they gave me is pure white, where as my original one is a little blueish. Two weeks after, my driver panel decides to fall off...

Now I am debating if I should just get a whole new set of headlights. I can't seem to open the back cover of my passenger side headlights to check what kind of HID bulb I have. I tried pulling up after taking off the little lock, but it is stuck in there.

What's the best options here?

1) Order new set of HID bulbs?
2) New angel eye headlights? (What do you guys recommend that is not insanely pricey. I checked out CCFL headlights, but was told, they are not too bright.)
3) Try to open the back cover and see if I can order a single bulb to match original (blueish)?

It's a 2008 328i
What brightness do you guys think that blue is? 6000k? 8000k?
View post on imgur.com

Sorry for a long post, but I would appreciate the help since my car knowledge is very new. Thanks.

Last edited by xShinji; 03-24-2016 at 01:16 PM.. Reason: Changing title
Appreciate 0