E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > E93 - Roof Leak

06-12-2008, 06:39 PM   #1
habanero69
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 435i - F33

E93 - Roof Leak

OK, I did a search and found a fair amount, but much is not current and I just want to know if there are any service bulletins or DIY's. If it's not obvious, I have a 2008 335i (that was ordered in mid-April and delivered to me May 30th).

I am in S Florida and we get a LOT of HEAVY rain; A LOT. I am not talking about leaks in self-washing auto places. Today was the first time it rained sort of heavy (actually I thought it was just a steady light rain) and when I came out after it quit, I have the passenger side A-pillar drip on my seat. It was NOT a flood and I don't think the liner was wet. I have hosed my back so I cannot play detective so well right now. I'd like to just hold a hose over the area and see what happens if my back would cooperate.

Anyway, I am highly stressed over this (I know it's just a car...) I had a 2005 M3 I turned in for this car and that M3 was the best car I ever had from a reliability standpoint, really. NEVER in the shop in 3 years except to add the special transmission fluid to fix a bit of noise on tight turns. Pretty good for a BMW I thought.

Now I have a two week old car and it leaks. I also just drove over a crappy expansion joint on a bridge that is fu#@ed up and may have whacked my RFT's or 19 rims; worst sound I've ever heard tire/wheel to road. Again, my back prevents close inspection at the moment. Sorry I digress; back to the leak... I read some horror stories as well as those that had luck at the dealer. Any special advice for my build date other that taker in?
      06-12-2008, 06:59 PM   #2
Tondtar
12 yr old Juvie
Vanuatu
Rep
Drives: His Mom Crazy

Garage List
Move to SoCal ....Problem will solve itself
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2008, 07:03 PM   #3
habanero69
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tondtar View Post
Move to SoCal ....Problem will solve itself
I'd love to. I get there once a year or so (e.g. SanDiego), but the job market is tight in my field and the offers have been too small. Don;t know much about LA, only what you see on TV and I'm sure that's not reflective of much of it.
      06-12-2008, 07:08 PM   #4
Tondtar
12 yr old Juvie
Vanuatu
Rep
Drives: His Mom Crazy

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by habanero69 View Post
I'd love to. I get there once a year or so (e.g. SanDiego), but the job market is tight in my field and the offers have been too small. Don;t know much about LA, only what you see on TV and I'm sure that's not reflective of much of it.
Not really ....We are exactly like what you see us as in TV and movies ....OK, Probably a lot worse

What field are you in? Remember, we always trail the rest of the country in recession and its subsequent recovery. There is still some life around here despite all the bleeding in the financial markets, recent mortgage/ banking fiasco, etc. ....Go HOLLYWOOD
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2008, 07:18 PM   #5
habanero69
Private
United_States
Rep

In the IT/database admin field. LA is JUST like the TV and MOVIES? Same here in Florida for economy. Banks seem to be solvent but dang, the housing market is down -20 and then some. And with the choices we have for the whitehouse, looks like aint nothing changin for a while.