E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > Elmhurst BMW Broke My Windshield!

04-01-2008, 12:44 PM   #23
txusa03
Major General
Rep
Drives: TS330iPPSP6MT

One thing I learned about windshield wippers on my e90, never lift up the wipper arm without any wipper blade on. Should the wipper arm retracks back toward the windshield with the exposed metal, you have a nice spider web decoration on your windshield. I did this very thing and someone pointed this out to me and saved me the free spider web decoration. A strong gust of wind could cause the wipper arm to retrack.

GL to OP.
      04-01-2008, 12:46 PM   #24
Spacegray335i
BimmerPost Supporting Buyer
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: Me Nuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wreckdm View Post
just thought these were e90 forums not e91. I guess wagons are good to pick up groceries and shop for lingerie before picking up the kids from school
if you read the forum header it clearly states "General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio"I would think this is the appropriate forum. Go away trolls!
      04-01-2008, 12:55 PM   #25
ruxp
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by wreckdm View Post
maybe they just thought you were gay for driving a wagon??
One of the douchebags from the dealership?

Why do so many dealers & their employees have the maturity/intellect/ethical development of bratty 5 year olds?
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2008, 01:00 PM   #26
fanbase
estate
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 e91

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruxp View Post
One of the douchebags from the dealership?

Why do so many dealers & their employees have the maturity/intellect/ethical development of bratty 5 year olds?
hope he does work at the dealership...cuz the jokes on him....well done breathing new life into the thread!

love to all e9x drivers out there!

2007 TiAg 328xi Touring: 6AT, Sports, Cold Weather, Thule Cross bars.
The Sports Wagon Association:www.velocityresource.com
"A sports wagon, by contrast, conveys an effortless and consolidated sense of self, a worldliness and maturity. You are more than just available; you're eligible."- Dan Neil
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2008, 01:10 PM   #27
Spacegray335i
BimmerPost Supporting Buyer
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: Me Nuts

haha...I see our Mods are working diligently on cracking down his posts.

Thanks Mods!
      04-01-2008, 01:10 PM   #28
Mr. 5
Modder Raider
Scotland
Rep
Drives: M3

Garage List
2007 e90 335i  [8.00]
Don't waste your time responding to wreckdm anymore.
He won't be responding for a while.

Best 60-130-------------9.15 Seconds------------------WWW.MR5RACING.COM
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2008, 01:19 PM   #29
Xiaofeng
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007.5 E90 335xi Montego/Lemon

Garage List
2007 E90 335xi  [0.00]
1991 325iX  [0.00]
Thank you Mr. 5 for a quick and decisive end to the troll's drivel. Good riddance.

Now, back on topic. Again, I'm interested in how this will be handled, as I'm sure many members know that the glass on our cars is rather fragile and very expensive to replace, on account of the rain sensor and what not.

On a recent road trip to Las Vegas, I had a filthy pickup truck throw a rock into my windshield, instantly causing a penny-sized "bullet" crack. This was right before Grand Junction, Colorado, so I had to make a 1.5 hour detour to the nearest Wal-Mart to pick up some of that windshield repair resin to do some emergency repairs.

On a side note, that stuff actually works pretty well. I've used it before on several different cars, and when done correctly, it seals up the damage pretty well and prevents the windshield from cracking further. Easy and cheap repair for your windshield.

Appreciate 0
      04-01-2008, 01:28 PM   #30
toolfan
Banned
Rep
Drives: E90 335i sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanDe680 View Post
MSRP without the m-tech kit was about 49,750, invoice was 46 something and they wouldn't even go under invoice, given that the car was on their floor for 10 months and that it was a 2007!!!

Beyond that it had a good amount of swirls/scratches as well...

I wasn't looking for a 135i, someone else in the thread mentioned it...
so you wanted the M Tech for free? Just trying to figure this out. I wish BMW would do some incentives on previous years vehicles, but they never do. It doesnt cheapen the brand then either.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2008, 03:39 PM   #31
bsamoul
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E90 325i

chitown, how did this turn out??
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2008, 03:48 PM   #32
3Series
Private
Rep
Drives: 3 Series

FYI,

I would not go to Elmhurst BMW or Perillo BMW for service. My opinion is that Perillo is the worst in the Chicagoland area. Elmhurst just doesnt have the volume to be comptetive in the service area as other dealerships. I have had the best experience at Patrick BMW, Knauz BMW, and perhaps Fields (where I purchased my car).
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2008, 10:56 AM   #33
BMW555
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW 528i

Hello Ryan,

This is Eugene you know the "biggest bastard you have ever seen" I just wanted to sign on to this forum and add a couple of details that you seem to have left out in your bashing of myself and my Center. The BMW you came to look at that night...

2007 BMW 335i
Black sapphire
terra/black leather
premium package
sports package
paddle shifters
auto transmission
comfort access
heated front seats
navigation
satellite radio
ipod
M body kit
blacked out tail lights
and a rear deck spoiler

Had an MSRP of $49,870 and a invoice of $46,315
(before the body kit, spoiler, and blacked out lights which you retails for over $3000)

As per my notes here Ryan, I was selling you the BMW for under $46,000 plus giving you the M body kit, rear deck spoiler, and blacked out tail lights for no additional charge. You decided to go for an 2008 and pay more money. Wether you like me or not next time when you post things on a forum please make sure you post all of the facts and not a one sided story.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2008, 11:14 AM   #34
dmz
Captain
Rep
Drives: me nuts

Stories like this is the reason why I ALWAYS do a walkthrough around my car with the SA before handing over the key to the car, and do the same thing when taking back the car. Dealer just screws up too much to trust them.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2008, 11:32 AM   #35
f82phan
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW555 View Post
Hello Ryan,

This is Eugene you know the "biggest bastard you have ever seen" I just wanted to sign on to this forum and add a couple of details that you seem to have left out in your bashing of myself and my Center. The BMW you came to look at that night...

2007 BMW 335i
Black sapphire
terra/black leather
premium package
sports package
paddle shifters
auto transmission
comfort access
heated front seats
navigation
satellite radio
ipod
M body kit
blacked out tail lights
and a rear deck spoiler

Had an MSRP of $49,870 and a invoice of $46,315
(before the body kit, spoiler, and blacked out lights which you retails for over $3000)

As per my notes here Ryan, I was selling you the BMW for under $46,000 plus giving you the M body kit, rear deck spoiler, and blacked out tail lights for no additional charge. You decided to go for an 2008 and pay more money. Wether you like me or not next time when you post things on a forum please make sure you post all of the facts and not a one sided story.

OT man. The point of this thread was that your dealership jacked up ChiTown's windshield and tried to blame him for it

Why don't you get the SA or Service Manager come log on and defend themselves?
      04-02-2008, 11:34 AM   #36
Chromander
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: F83 M4, G30 530e, 997.2TT

Cool

Ironically, I just scheduled an appointment to Elmhurst BMW today for 8am tomorrow. I decided to change service from Laurel BMW of Westmont because they did not fix my problems the first time around.

I'm going into Elmhurst for:
  • Driverside door handle stuck in open position (All door handles were already replaced)
  • Passenger Airbag and Seltbelt Light Error Message
  • Major delay in accelaration (Pressing Gas Pedal results in acceleration after 1 sec)

After hearing about all of these negative comments, not sure if I should find another dealer.

Any recommendations? Or more specifically, a direct contact that will take care of my issues? Thanks all!
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2008, 11:36 AM   #37
BMW555
Banned
Rep

The only reason I joined the forum and wanted to reply to the comments was I felt like the story was not completly presented. If someone called you "biggest bastard you have ever seen" would you not reply?
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2008, 11:41 AM   #38
f82phan
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by packetstorm88 View Post
Ironically, I just scheduled an appointment to Elmhurst BMW today for 8am tomorrow. I decided to change service from Laurel BMW of Westmont because they did not fix my problems the first time around.

• Driverside door handle stuck in open position (All door handles were already replaced)
  • Major delay in accelaration (Pressing Gas Pedal results in acceleration after 1 sec)

After hearing about all of these negative comments, not sure if I should find another dealer.

Any recommendations? Or more specifically, a direct contact that will take care of my issues? Thanks all!
I'd really think twice about committing to your appoinment. Cancel or have every little detail documented before you hand it off.

Either way....GL

Quote:
The only reason I joined the forum and wanted to reply to the comments was I felt like the story was not completly presented. If someone called you "biggest bastard you have ever seen" would you not reply?

meh
      04-02-2008, 12:11 PM   #39
txusa03
Major General
Rep
Drives: TS330iPPSP6MT

lots of dirty laundries in this thread
      04-02-2008, 12:20 PM   #40
BMWalltheway
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 440xi GC AW/CR

Quote:
How come you are not addressing the mystery about the cracked windshield?
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2008, 12:26 PM   #41
BMW555
Banned
Rep

BMWalltheway, its not my place to address I am a client advisor not a service advisor. They are aware of the siuation and if they chose to address it then they can I just wanted to reply to my situation.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2008, 12:45 PM   #42
toolfan
Banned
Rep
Drives: E90 335i sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by packetstorm88 View Post

well, let us know how it goes and see if you had the same problem with the dealership. i hope it goes well.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2008, 01:16 PM   #43
CubanJJ09
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: like an asshole

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [6.18]
elmhurst bmw sucks ass they always have some one rude bitch answering the phone there. this story only confirms my knowledge that bmw elmhurst is fucking terrible. im 5 mins away from them but wil drive 25 mins to patrick bmw they got their shit straight over there
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2008, 01:26 PM   #44
Chromander
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: F83 M4, G30 530e, 997.2TT

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubanJJ09 View Post
elmhurst bmw sucks ass they always have some one rude bitch answering the phone there. this story only confirms my knowledge that bmw elmhurst is fucking terrible. im 5 mins away from them but wil drive 25 mins to patrick bmw they got their shit straight over there
hehe...i'm 5 mins away as well. they don't do nearly the volume that other bmw dealerships produce....it's a mesh of the entire elmhurst auto group (Toyota, BMW, Scion, & Jaguar)...so i wonder if the same guy working on the bmw is also fudging with a scion....

wish i could find a reputable place that really cares about the car as all of us enthusiasts do on this forum. they've gotta realize that problems ought to be fixed the first time around, i don't care how great the maintenance/warranty is if I gotta visit a dealership every 3 weeks. alright enough ranting
Appreciate 0